First time in a Hampton and very impresed with what I found. Easy to get to from the airport using the directions given on the hotel website. Plenty of car parking spaces and large welcoming lobby. Allocated a corner room on the 4th floor which was great, large lounge/tv area and separate bedroom. Bathroom was adequete and fine, nothing special. Big fridge and kitchenette area was a welcome surprise but as on vacation did not use.
Beds were clean and comfortable but not sure I need a post it note stuck to the headboard telling me they were freshly washed for every guest ( I would expect it, wouldn't you) Breakfast was served in the lobby was pretty good and what you would expect, Lisa & her team kept everything topped up and there was a change of hot items on each of the 3 days I spent here. Free USA Today a bonus as is the free wifi. There were also 2 computers in the lobby for printing your boarding pass or checking your email which was good. Pool was a tad small but usable.
Great location for Ft Myers beach and Sanibel beaches and plenty of restaurants nearby - do try Pinchers (went twice, 2 for 1 on house wines !) and Doc Ford's Rum bar & grille which was also good but a bit more pricey. Large Publix on the otherside of the junction opposite Perkins. There are lots of mini golf courses in the area and you are not far from the Miramar Outlets. Overall very impressed with the hotel & the helpful staff. All very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are centrally lcoated to the area's finest beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel-Captiva Islands. Start your day with our complimentary Hot Hampton Breakfast Buffet before heading out to some of Florida's best golf courses, shopping, and deep sea fishing. Boston Redsox and Minnesota Twins Spring Training venues are a short drive away. Or you may choose to take swim or catch some sun out at our heated tropical style pool. Our deluxe Cloud-Nine bedding will ensure great nights rest so you are ready to explore or kayak our unspoiled coastlines and mangroves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Summerlin Road Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Fort Myers Beach / Summerlin Road
- Hampton Inn Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Hampton Inn