“Terrible Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11281 Summerlin Square Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Terrible Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was there for three nights July 5-7 and have to say, this was the worst experience I have every had at a Hampton Inn - The clerk at the front desk was not welcoming and could care less about your needs. We arrive late back to the room after a long day at the beach only to find that housekeeping did not leave any towels at all (no hand, no bath, no washclothes, nor bath mat!) The front desk would not answer the phone. When I went downstairs to request towels, I had to stand in the check in line for 30 minutes only to find that the maintenance man (who would bring the towels) was on dinner break and it would be another 30 minutes before he could bring some up. On top of all this, the friends we were traveling with checked into their room, only to find that it had not been made up at 4PM, Then all of a sudden they said the housekeeping staff rushed in and started yelling at them in Spanish. Even thought this hotel is well maintained, there are some serious issues here that management does not seem to care about. Just be sure to keep back some of the clean towels in case the housekeeping staff "forgets" again to service your room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We are extremely disappointed in the service we provided you while you were here .I apologize of behalf of the entire staff for our shortcomings during your stay. We are working very hard to make sure issue's like the one's you experienced don't happen. If you would like to speak to myself or the General Manager about your stay please call at 239-437-8888. We want to do whatever is necessary to make this right and to hopefully, in due time, have you come back and give us another opportunity to make your stay great! Once I again I know an apology is not necessarily what you are looking for, but I do apologize and deeply regret that you had to experience what you did. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Hotel I was really impressed by its impeccable service and fast. The employees are friendly and courteous, the rooms are clean and smell really good. The hotel is well maintained and is located close to Sanibel Island (5 min). An excellent breakfast is served each morning. The pool is clean. I have only good words for this hotel and I would go back anytime.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wonderful! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back very soon!
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

First, I was there on July 3rd with my two daughters & the clerk at the front desk was not very welcoming AT ALL...it seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder, she was very short with her answers to questions, like: how do we find local eateries (although they have an electronic display, still needed directions)...when we got to the room the light fixtures would not turn on-called the front desk and she sent maintenance, who came right away-he was extremly pleasant and cordial. we went back downstairs and the front desk clerk-still with the sour look on her face-was not making eye contact when my daughter asked how much were the snacks...uggh! i hate not feeling welcomed-especially when you're paying. The next morning upon check out the front desk clerk again unmoved by our presence-because she was on the phone chatting it up with her friends-the ladies that were serving/tending the breakfast were super friendly and welcoming..i would not stay here agai-not at this particular Hampton-this is the first that I have experienced this from Hampton Inn and I am a HHonor member.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I am extremely sorry your stay was not up to Hilton Standards. We are a new management company working very diligently towards getting the hotel to Hilton Standards. We are getting very close and I hope you will reconsider and come back to give us another shot the next time you are in Fort Myers Beach, FL.
Management
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Given the chance people will complain about anything.
This is a clean,affordable hotel conveniently located just a 5 minute drive to beautiful beaches.The staff was very accomodating,the hotel is well maintained,breakfast was great,the rooms were spacious, clean and everything was in working order
If you want a hotel close to everything but don't want the crowds,traffic and noise of being on the beach,this will suit you fine.
Thank-you to the staff and management for a great stay!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay! All of us at the Hampton Inn and Suites are always excited to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. Reviews like this help to keep the entire staff motivated towards creating a great environment for our guests! Come back and see us soon!
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The location is pretty convenient, but this hotel could use some updating and upgrades. They were getting their carpets cleaned, however. The room was okay...had a minor ant problem and it smelled a bit musty. The bathroom was clean and nice, though, and the tv was new (although I had a problem getting some of the channels in). Breakfast was pretty good. I probably wouldn't stay there again, if I had a choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here on TripAdvisor. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while here. I am pleased to let you know that we have made upgrades to all area's of the hotel since your stay. I would also like to let you know that we were recently purchased by a new ownership group and they have layed out plans to renovate the entire building beginning in June of 2013! If there is anything I can do to have you give us another chance please let me know. We have made and are continuing to make some great changes and it's my hope that you will come back and experience them with us!
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have spent 6 nights at this hotel and I found the staff to be one of the friendliest I have ever encountered! My suite was superb with all the comforts of home. I was impressed with thier new 40 inch Flat Screen TVs and the decor was tastefully done! The morning free breakfast was more than I expected with a great variety of hot and cold foods!!
The staff service was simply outstanding, everyone I encounted was just willing to go above to please us and in this day and age that alone speaks for itself!! Keep up the great work and I will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sulli6385,

Thank you! Great reviews like this are what we strive for everyday here at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We are glad you were able to experience our staff's HAMPTONAILITY! We deeply value every customer and take great pride in hosting each and every guest. We hope that you experienced all of the comforts of home an then some! See you next time you are in Fort Myers Beach!
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a hard place to find! it's not actually on a street, but on a side of an old shopping center; not well lit or signage. Had to call twice, even using our GPS!

Was put into a room different than we'd reserved. NO WATER due to water pipe break in hotel...had to wait several hours, so no shower, couldn't even wash hands.
Later, returned after supper elsewhere and found our carpet soaking wet! (from the pipe burst???) Bed was comfy and room was spacious and ok. A/C was rather loud but at least it worked!
Nice, small pool with pretty white birds of paradise and palm trees.
Excellent free breakfast and "to-go" sacks of snacks.
Lobby had nice big screen TV but 2 leather sofas had the leather torn off/shredded, very ugly, wouldn't sit on it!
Staff was nice and comped our room under the Hampton Inn 100% satisfaction guarantee. I'll stay at a Hampton Inn again, but not this one.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room at back (away from freeway noise); "suites" by pool are larger...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am very sorry your stay was not up to Hilton Standard's. The pipes bursting did affect a small portion of the hotel and I apologize you had to deal with this during your vacation. You may be pleased to know that the lobby has been renovated since you posted the pictures. We have new furniture, carpet, and television's. We also greatly appreciate your comment's about how helpful and kind the staff was during your stay. My hope is that in due time you will give us another chance to go above and beyond your expectation's.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!