“Italian beef is fabulous” 4 of 5 stars

239-463-0377
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Italian beef is fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We live at FMB and a weekend tradition has developed - walk up beach to Lani Kai hotel, where the Chicago Dawg House has their original window-front shop (there is also the shop right on Estero Blvd). We are addicted to the Italian beef sandwich, with an extra dose of the hot pepper gardinera, 'wet', with the fries and a drink. Great thing about ordering at this location is you can get drinks from the Lani Kai bar, kick back in one of the glider tables, and watch the parade of people that make Lani Kai unique. But the Italian Beef is what brings us back every weekend. The owner works the kitchen and does a great job. My first experience with real Italian beef was in Cicero, IL at Pete's Red Hots... but this is a whole lot closer and just as good. We are big fans!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

cyrsyal river
“BEST DOG EVERY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

best view try the frys the doggs are the best best people you will meet stayed at the silver sands great place and they came over to the pool with all the fixings

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois
“Suprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went by for a quick lunch. I ordered a regular Chicago style hot dog with everything. It was very good. Fresh ingredients and beautiful. We also had the regular cheese fries...they were good...but could have had more...Should have bought the large. I wanted a water...not the kind i have to pay for...cuz I'm cheap...he informed me that wasn't possible. Gave me some lecture on how I should drink the water on the island because there is always boil orders in affect......yea, yea. yea...just sell me the water...don't try to justify selling it! That sort of annoyed me....Overall, I would go back...just take my own bottled water next time. You can eat outside only at picnic tables with umbrellas...would be nice if the garabe wasn't sitting right by the picnic table. Again, my hot dog was very good though...and that is what it's all about.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“SO CAL Lewis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spotted the Chicago Dawg house when driving down main street in FT Myers Bch.
My husband and I are from SO Calif and we have a Chicago Dog eatery in Upland.We have never
been to Chicago but enjoy our Windy C's dogs.We had to stop and try out Dawg's Chicago Dog.We loved it! Just like home.Robert was a very friendly guy and was familiar with SO CAL.
Thx
Best wishes for continued success

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This used to be beach doggie dog, I liked that name way better, but try a hot dog with cheese sause and raw onions!! Excellant, the burgers are great for a hangover too!!

Visited November 2011