“Great place when your on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

The Holiday Court
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   925 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Blaine, Minnesota
“Great place when your on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Like the title says, this place was great for my wife and I while visiting the area on a tight budget. We rented room 19 which was perfect for us. Our suite seemed to have been renovated compared to some of the others, the bathroom and main living area had been re-done from what I could tell. The location is great, the beach is across the street, there are tons of restaurants, bars, and shops within easy walking distance. There is even a grocery store not to far away, besides getting to and from the airport you wouldn't really need a car unless you wanted to do activities off the island. We didn't have much experience with the management as they were pretty busy renovating other rooms.

Room Tip: Room 19 was really nice if you want a one bedroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed for 6 nights in July for the second year in a row. I stayed in the yellow cottage (Room #2). July might just be the best month of the year to visit FMB, and renting from the Holiday Court is by far and away the best bang for the buck for the budget traveler.July doesn't have the insane amount of people that attracts all the "Winter season" tourists, but also doesn't have the ghost town feeling that September can bring. I like to travel alone, and as a single guy I like my fun. The north end of FMB is where all the walking distance action is, from Time Sq. to the Lani Kai, and all the restaurants and shops towards the canal. This square half mile or so is where all the action/nightlife is. But, don't let that fool you. While that is all very close, the Holiday Court is just far enough out of the reach of all the noise from Times sq. and the bars, and nightlife. The fact that you are about a 30 second walk across the street from having your toes in the sand is a big plus as well. I have every intention of being there again next July in the same unit providing Steve doesn't raise his cost of his rooms (believe me he could get a whole lot more for these rooms if he wanted to). Upon check in I was invited to have free use of kayaks, pool, and grills along with them asking me if I needed any help looking for anything specific in the area, aka restaurant recommendations ect. There are a few cheaper hotels with nice owners in the area, as well as far more expensive hotels. But as a traveler to FMB 6 times in the last 3 years you wont find a better deal/location if traveling there in the Summertime.

Room Tip: I paid an extra $13 a night for a one bedroom cottage. I can't speak on what it's like stayi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stay here twice this year,steve and cathy r great people,i will always go back,thank you steve and cathy,we had a great 4th of july,see ya next year...Mary perkins..INDIANA!! my grandkids loved it there..

Room Tip: I like the front
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Yesterday we arrived around 5:30 pm. I am writing the review a little early buy I want to share my first experience. When I booked the room, it stated I was booking an apartment style room with a bedroom and living area and a small kitchen. Well...I booked wrong, but the owners quickly put us in a nice little apartment style with a bedroom and 2 beds, a living room with a fold out couch and a small kitchen with updated appliances. They also have provided some of the comforts of home with dishes and coffee, etc. Two grills out that I cannot wait to use and plenty of seating and tables out to enjoy also.
The bed slept great...very soft. Pillows were a little too firm but that is a personal preference for my husband and I. My oldest daughter stated that the sofa bed slept good also.
The inn is in the middle of everything. A little disappointed that I can't see the beach but there are beautiful views of the water behind us.
Looking forward to the next 6 days. Hoping that it will just as great as our first day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Holiday Court several times over the last few years and have always enjoyed it. The location is very convenient to restaurants and shops, and the beach is right across the street. The free use of kayaks is a nice perk. Cathy and Steven go out of their way to make us feel welcome. They even had a complimentary cookout for their guests. The hotel is cozy and quaint and maybe a little older than some of the other establishments. Some people complain about the rooms showing their age, but having worked in the hotel industry myself, I realize how expensive renovations can be.
I do feel the need to refute some of the previous reviews. I was a guest during the July 4th holiday and am familiar with the group who wrote the recent unfounded and petty comments. Some people don’t seem to understand that hotel rooms have a maximum allowable occupancy. When you try to cram in more people, you’re breaking the rules and the owner has the right to be perturbed. When you show up with more vehicles than you’re allowed, and there’s not enough parking to accommodate them, then that’s your problem, not the motel owner’s. When you make too much noise and other guests start to complain, I was one of those guests, the owner has the right to ask you to quiet down. The fact that the police had to be called shows how rude you were acting. And accusing the owner of being racist is ludicrous. I’ve found that people who play the race card in such instances are just ignorant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A vacation is suppose to be enjoyable, relaxing, an event to look forward it. It is with the utmost disappointment that this place unfortunately, ruined many opportunities! From inviting families to enjoy time together and relaxation, and recommendations or referrals to this establishment, is something that I would not recommend, and disappointed! From the lack of cleanliness, parking, unprofessionalism with the owner/front office assuming or accusing people of certain issues it may the stay very unwelcoming!

Usually a hotel has quality customer service. They make you feel welcomed, not watched, provide clean towels for your room, have a friendly attitude, are thankful for your business.

To say the least, being a local business owner also, I would have made sure to make the accomadotions necessary that a review like this would not
happen!

It's unfortunate that you have to read this daily! Also, thanks for an in eventful experience!

• Stayed July 2014
HolidayCourt, Owner at The Holiday Court, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank God they are gone, never to return.
Right at check-in I knew something was wrong when they were so evasive and defensive about how many people were in the "family".
Within a couple hours it was worse than I imagined, a pack of low class foul mouthed rude people with no respect to either the property or to the many other guests here at the motel.
We have so many fine nice people who stay here with us that it catches us by surprise and shocks us when people like this spoil the fun times.
These people will never be back. We apologize to our other guests who had to endure this unpleasant time.
cape coral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Our family rented 3 rooms from July 3rd-5th 2014. From the time we got there ,the owner complained about the size of our vehicles but never told us not to bring our Suv. He also complained about visitors. We were not told ,we could not have visitors! Also, the owner complained that we were to loud sitting outside our room and told our minor family member he needed to leave. When our family had enough of the constant uncomfortable aggrevation, we asked for our money back so we could get out of this nightmare,but were told it would take 48 hrs to get our money back! Needless to say, the police were called and sided with our family! Ive stayed at this hotel 3 other times. Never were we ever treated so rude. It really makes you wonder if the owners were racist,being we were the only bi-racial family staying there!. Its a shame to be treated like your going to party and destroy someones property over the color of your skin. He also accused our families of possibly smoking and partying, none of our family smokes,and wete certainly to old to party!! Our vacation was ruined! I dont recommend staying here for any bi-racial or black families,its the only thing our family can come up with for why we were treated so poorly!! The property is nice and the kayakes were alot of fun once the owner wasnt stalking us!! Fireworks were amazing and our family will experience this next year at a better location!

• Stayed July 2014
Yes, the police were called at 11:00 p.m. on the first night of their stay. They wined that a credit card refund would not be back on their account for 48 hours. I let them stay because I thought they would behave better. big big mistake.
They left trash behind where ever they went.......the pool area, the parking lot, the grill/seating areas.
they lied about the number of people. foul mouthed and rude.

Been to The Holiday Court? Share your experiences!