“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stay here twice this year,steve and cathy r great people,i will always go back,thank you steve and cathy,we had a great 4th of july,see ya next year...Mary perkins..INDIANA!! my grandkids loved it there..

Room Tip: I like the front
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Yesterday we arrived around 5:30 pm. I am writing the review a little early buy I want to share my first experience. When I booked the room, it stated I was booking an apartment style room with a bedroom and living area and a small kitchen. Well...I booked wrong, but the owners quickly put us in a nice little apartment style with a bedroom and 2 beds, a living room with a fold out couch and a small kitchen with updated appliances. They also have provided some of the comforts of home with dishes and coffee, etc. Two grills out that I cannot wait to use and plenty of seating and tables out to enjoy also.
The bed slept great...very soft. Pillows were a little too firm but that is a personal preference for my husband and I. My oldest daughter stated that the sofa bed slept good also.
The inn is in the middle of everything. A little disappointed that I can't see the beach but there are beautiful views of the water behind us.
Looking forward to the next 6 days. Hoping that it will just as great as our first day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Holiday Court several times over the last few years and have always enjoyed it. The location is very convenient to restaurants and shops, and the beach is right across the street. The free use of kayaks is a nice perk. Cathy and Steven go out of their way to make us feel welcome. They even had a complimentary cookout for their guests. The hotel is cozy and quaint and maybe a little older than some of the other establishments. Some people complain about the rooms showing their age, but having worked in the hotel industry myself, I realize how expensive renovations can be.
I do feel the need to refute some of the previous reviews. I was a guest during the July 4th holiday and am familiar with the group who wrote the recent unfounded and petty comments. Some people don’t seem to understand that hotel rooms have a maximum allowable occupancy. When you try to cram in more people, you’re breaking the rules and the owner has the right to be perturbed. When you show up with more vehicles than you’re allowed, and there’s not enough parking to accommodate them, then that’s your problem, not the motel owner’s. When you make too much noise and other guests start to complain, I was one of those guests, the owner has the right to ask you to quiet down. The fact that the police had to be called shows how rude you were acting. And accusing the owner of being racist is ludicrous. I’ve found that people who play the race card in such instances are just ignorant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A vacation is suppose to be enjoyable, relaxing, an event to look forward it. It is with the utmost disappointment that this place unfortunately, ruined many opportunities! From inviting families to enjoy time together and relaxation, and recommendations or referrals to this establishment, is something that I would not recommend, and disappointed! From the lack of cleanliness, parking, unprofessionalism with the owner/front office assuming or accusing people of certain issues it may the stay very unwelcoming!

Usually a hotel has quality customer service. They make you feel welcomed, not watched, provide clean towels for your room, have a friendly attitude, are thankful for your business.

To say the least, being a local business owner also, I would have made sure to make the accomadotions necessary that a review like this would not
happen!

It's unfortunate that you have to read this daily! Also, thanks for an in eventful experience!

• Stayed July 2014
HolidayCourt, Owner at The Holiday Court, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank God they are gone, never to return.
Right at check-in I knew something was wrong when they were so evasive and defensive about how many people were in the "family".
Within a couple hours it was worse than I imagined, a pack of low class foul mouthed rude people with no respect to either the property or to the many other guests here at the motel.
We have so many fine nice people who stay here with us that it catches us by surprise and shocks us when people like this spoil the fun times.
These people will never be back. We apologize to our other guests who had to endure this unpleasant time.
cape coral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Our family rented 3 rooms from July 3rd-5th 2014. From the time we got there ,the owner complained about the size of our vehicles but never told us not to bring our Suv. He also complained about visitors. We were not told ,we could not have visitors! Also, the owner complained that we were to loud sitting outside our room and told our minor family member he needed to leave. When our family had enough of the constant uncomfortable aggrevation, we asked for our money back so we could get out of this nightmare,but were told it would take 48 hrs to get our money back! Needless to say, the police were called and sided with our family! Ive stayed at this hotel 3 other times. Never were we ever treated so rude. It really makes you wonder if the owners were racist,being we were the only bi-racial family staying there!. Its a shame to be treated like your going to party and destroy someones property over the color of your skin. He also accused our families of possibly smoking and partying, none of our family smokes,and wete certainly to old to party!! Our vacation was ruined! I dont recommend staying here for any bi-racial or black families,its the only thing our family can come up with for why we were treated so poorly!! The property is nice and the kayakes were alot of fun once the owner wasnt stalking us!! Fireworks were amazing and our family will experience this next year at a better location!

• Stayed July 2014
Yes, the police were called at 11:00 p.m. on the first night of their stay. They wined that a credit card refund would not be back on their account for 48 hours. I let them stay because I thought they would behave better. big big mistake.
They left trash behind where ever they went.......the pool area, the parking lot, the grill/seating areas.
they lied about the number of people. foul mouthed and rude.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Court from 6.27.14 to 7.5.14 and we stayed here last year also. He motel is right across the road from the public Ft. Myers beach and is next to time square. The location is great, you cant beat it. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage and found it to be clean and well equiped. Always clean towles and beach towels. The owers are very nice and helpful. The pool is nice and the fishing pier is right across the street. There is a 7 eleven two building away and a Publix about 3 miles down the road. For the price you pay and the location you cant beat it. We would stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Where to start! Steve ,Cathy (and their son Sean) are amazing. They really put in the extra efforts to make you feel right at home. These mini villas have pretty much everything you need, and if you have wants for more the management will do their best to get or inform you where to get it for you. I spent a week on these premises and with everything within walking distance, pretty much on my door step ,I couldn't find any faults in this review. After spending a few nights being kicked out a bed by my lovely sister, I was more than happy to get a decent nights kip. I got that and more when I walked into this lovely place, a two/three bed and a full bath, spacious living-come-kitchen area. My family within ear-shot distance, there really isn't much more I could ask for. A lovely sized pool right out side my door, a laundry room fully equipped with all that you need, washer ,dryer (very fast) and even detergent! Bbq's a plenty ,we had one outside our villa, and even seating areas. Let's not forget the balconies, perfect for a smoker ,or a sun-godess lover!!

We ate bbq'd most nights ,and it was a fun and chilled atmosphere. Steve took us out on his boat to enjoy the delights of the harbour ,and even offered us a beverage. There was fishing rods, books and other such pastimes to borrow if you needed it. The location is prime , the sea on our door step, walk 200 yards and you'll see yourself blessed with a sandy white beach plenty an area to sunbathe or take in the warm sea. There's a seven-eleven a two minute walk from this property for your bits and bobs. A great bus service on the opposite side of the road ,that talks you all over the island and to the main land (fort myers), on this route you can stop and shop at many services ; publix, cvs etc. We ate out the first night and took in the view in a restaurant, i cannot for the life of me remember the name of it ,it's a short distance from the clock tower. Lovely fresh fish ,you can't say no to.

When we went to the island (sanibel) for two nights for the main wedding itself, cathy had taken care of 'touching up' our villas, this little extra touch did not go un-noticed. Thank you!! We did have a cleaning service available to us ,each and every morning. Whilst we didn't indulge in this until day 5/6 , it was a nice touch. I'm used to facilities offering cleaning staff after the first week/third day and that's it. Having one come to you every single day was a bonus.

To shorten this review up; prime location , fantastic management , beautiful scenery ,and reasonable prices. I cannot wait to one day return, and will continue to recommend this amazing property and it's people to all that wish to hear. Steve and Cathy ,thank you very much for making me feel right at home ,and for indulging my families every whim!

Room Tip: Each room is great in it's own way, however villas to the back seem a bit more spacious and your...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Holiday Court? Share your experiences!