“Caught fish for dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise Charters would like to welcome you aboard our new 2014 Tidewater. We offer backwater fishing, nearshore and offshore. We also have dolphin tours, sightseeing, shelling and sunset tours. We can specialize any trip to meet your needs. It is our goal at Paradise Charters to make sure you have a safe, fun and memorable time. We sail out of the beautiful Snook Bight Marina that is behind the Publix grocery store which is midisland. From beginners to pros, let's go!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Syracuse, New York
19 attraction reviews
“Caught fish for dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our group of five (four adults and one 5 year old) recently returned from a bay fishing charter with a handful of sea trout.

We booked Paradise Charters about a month in advance. On the day of the tour, we paid in cash. From the moment we met Captain Shawn, he was professional, polite and friendly. His concerns are safety AND enjoyment. Our son was fitted into a type 1 life jacket, for example. Some in our group grew up fishing, but others did not. So, Captain Shawn baited (using artificial bait) and cast when necessary. He offered tips, too. Everyone could fish at the same time. He took us to various fishing hot spots around Ft. Myers and Sanibel. A shark and a dolphin inspected our boat during one stop. It was amazing to see a wild dolphin so close! The bull shark we saw was approximately 6 feet long.

He has so thoughtful, patient, and kind with our 5 year old (who was a bit cranky at the beginning of the tour). He let my son throw back the trout that didn’t make the cut and nicknamed my son ‘1st mate.’ We found the boat new and comfortable and Captain Shawn’s expertise top-notch. At the end of the day, we kept 3 sea trout which Captain Shawn quickly filleted and put in Ziploc bags. He even gave us ice. He offered us suggestions for cooking it (ingredients located at the Public next door to the marina). We used those suggestions and had an amazing meal the next night! He’s a foodie and even gave us suggestions for local restaurants. Overall, it was one of the highlights of our week in Ft. Myers! Next time we go back to Ft. Myers, we will be fishing with Paradise again.

Visited August 2012

Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
“BEST DAY FISHING EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had a wonderful day fishing with Captain Shawn. I am part of a fishing club back home in WI and I caught more fish in one outing than I have ever caught! Even caught a shark! I caught over 25 fish, 8 different species. It really was amazing! Captain Shawn & his wife are wonderful people, very knowledgeable and really get you on fish! I would and have already recommend them! Can't wait to come back and do it again! THANK YOU CAPTAIN SHAWN FOR BEING SUCH A GRACIOUS HOST AND SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

Visited August 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great shark trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A few members from our fishing club went out with Captain Shawn for shark. We caught our limit within the first 45 minutes of our trip and the action never stopped. Captain Shawn's knowledge of the local waters and area is uncompromised. We plan to go out again as soon as possible. Book a trip before sharks are gone!

Visited July 2012
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
“Best Trip Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my first time fishing from a boat in the Ocean and it turned out to be the best trip I have ever had. CPT Shawn was an awesome guide and knew where to put us in order to catch fish. We caught several large sea trout, a huge lemon shark (that I wrangled for 2 1/2 hours) and several black tip sharks. What an experience! If you are in the area and want to take the best fishing trip ever, look no further than Paradise Charters. Thanks CPT Shawn for making this a fishing trip to remember and look forward to seeing you next year.

Visited June 2012
Ft. Myers Beach
“Best St. Patrick's Day - Shark Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have gone fishing with Captain Shawn of Paradise Charters several times. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant. On Saturday, March 17, 2012 I was joined by a friend and after we caught several sea trout we headed out to catch shark. And we did! After I caught a 38" dusky shark and my friend caught a 36" black tip, I hooked into something VERY large. Since it was about to pull me off the back of the boat, I turned the rod over to my strong, young male friend who worked for 55 minutes to finally bring the shark to the surface. It was a large nurse shark! We estimate it to be around 230 pounds and about 6 feet long! It broke free just after surfacing, but that was fine! The thrill had already been experienced and photo had been taken! (and it is an endangered species anyway)

Visited March 2012