“poor management” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 46 hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Goshen, Virginia
“poor management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

my family recently stayed at harbour house during christmas/news years break. our stay was pleasant until a party of 4 families arrived. they basically took over the entire 3rd floor, pool and outdoor tv area. we mentioned it to the front desk and little was done. we were also awakened by someone pounding on doors. if i were an owner and had been at harbour house during that time i would have been livid regarding the poor management. obviously the more rooms you book, the less rules you have to follow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Harbour-Innkeeper, Owner at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Our property and all of Fort Myers Beach is a popular spot for group retreats including families and friends with special events. The Holidays are very busy and festive by nature with many gatherings. We have "quiet hours" and during major holidays provide late night staff support and presence, but sometimes one person's fun may be another's disappointment. Customer service is our goal and we regret anything but a positive guest experience. Thanks for the input.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the Harbour House for 3 nights for New Year's 2013. I was initially impressed by the cleanliness of the House. I witnessed staff fishing bottles out of the pool and going to great lengths to keep bags out of the hallways (something mentioned by other reviewers). Most of the folks were families. However, on New Year's Eve I was awakened by a drunk banging on all the doors. Security at the hotel is non-existent and the staff are gone by 9:00PM leaving you to call a hotline if there is a problem or take matters into your own hands. I tried calling the security number and got no answer. Would I recommend this place? I think there are other locations that might offer nicer amenities, but this place really is conveniently near town and the beaches. We parked the car and never moved it. I took the 50 cent trolley to Lovers Key park for the day and trolleyed down the main Blvd. to other locations on the island without having the hassle of driving and parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Gulf.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers Beach is famous for it's New Year's eve celebration and Harbour House is in the center of the popular entertainment district. Despite having on-site staff all night, there is always a very festive crowd everywhere. We regret we did not meet this guest's expectations and we appreciate the input for next New Year's Holiday.
w. palm bch, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Harbour House Inn for a weekend getaway. It was a very nice stay. We booked a studio - living room with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom with Queen bed and balcony- which was perfect for two of us. Great location. I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012
CC,Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in rm 212 - 2 bed/2 bath with full kitchen for 2 nights this past weekend for my birthday celebration! This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel and for the most part, we enjoyed our stay! There were a couple of issues that prevented me from giving this stay a better than "Average" rating. The main issue we had was with the beds and pillows in both bedrooms! Our mattress was so soft, saggy and uncomfortable that my lower back is still aching today as I write this review! My husband and I just replaced our 10 year old mattress at home for this very same reason. It is so worn out and creaked with every move we made. I was out of bed each morning by 6:00 am because I just could not stand tossing and turning any longer!! When we would get up from the bed you could see the depression in the mattress where we had been sleeping and we are not overly large/heavy people, just average size, but these mattresses are in serious need of replacement. My sister and her fiance stayed in the second bedroom and found their bed to be the same way. My husband and I had brought our own pillows from home thankfully, because the pillows supplied were very flat and lumpy! The rest of the room was as expected, it was clean and decorated very nice. However, our room was not very well stocked like most hotels are. There were no coffee packets, no creamer, or sugar provided. We finally found the dish soap that was located in a soap dispenser installed on the top of the kitchen sink, we didn't know it was there in the beginning! There was no dish cloth provided so we just used a washcloth from the bathroom, which, by the way, the towels and washcloths were very thin and scratchy, no plush there at all! We had a stack-able washer and dryer in the kitchen closet, however there was no laundry soap provided, so we were not able to use the machines unless we wanted to make a trip to the store for soap. Overall our stay was fine, nothing extra special, but fine!! We love the location and had some really good food at Nervous Nellie's/Ugly's right across the street!! We had a great time fishing right across the street from the hotel and behind Nervous Nellie's on a pier right there! We chose to stay here because of the availability of the 2 bed/2 bath, but the price was not anything special, this room was $212.00 per night, tax included with our AAA discount!! I'm not sure if we'll stay here again anytime soon, we came away from this stay thinking it was just okay and maybe we could do better somewhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for feedback, it is always helpfull to hear how we are doing, good and bad alike. I would like to comment on a couple of the issues you listed above. We are aware of the mattress issues and they are getting replaced soon. As for the coffee, sugar, and creamer, we do not offer them in the unit but we do make coffee in the community room every morning. We do have laundry soap available in the front office, for your convenience . We always want our guests to leave with an excellent experience and hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you for your time.
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I just came back from traveling 3 months around USA visiting different places, hotels and resorts and Harbour house at the Inn was the only very desappointing experience during my long trip.It's not a Resort like it says on Interval International . It's just a house with privately owned condos with a very small noisy pool and no views .There is not staff or management present except for one receptionist who has to take care of everything and leaves at 10pm when the house closes everything and nobody is encharged of the house after that time.They clean the rooms just once a week and there is not restaurant or bar or anything to do inside. The one bedroom apartments are very dark with a blind window looking to the dark hall and the small balconies just look at one big container and a parking lot located in front of the house.Very noisy in the mornings. I travel alone and the bed was very small even for one person.There was not internet connection in my room and I needed it to be able to talk to my children,do my work and plan my trip and Iam also claustrophobic so I asked them every day to move me to another room because of the darkness and the internet problem and they didn't do anything to help me in the whole week .They said that someone was trying to fix the Internet problem in that part of the house but never got it done during the whole week!so I had to stay late outside trying to get connection because they close everything at 10pm and it's not possible to use the comunity room or do anything after that time and anybody controls the grups of teenagers that come from the bars after midnight making lots of noise around the house.Every morning there were many garbage bags along the halls .The apartments are not well manteined and even that they are new, some walls are already dirty and damaged on the corners and they don't paint or fix them. I like traveling around USA because of the good costumer service and always want to stay longer were I go but this time, during my week in Harbour house, I didn't feel like I was traveling in USA and left one day earlier.I took the time to write this review because I don't want that what happened to me there happens to anybody else in the same circumstances and I wouldn't recomend this house to anybody.

Room Tip: Go with your family and ask for a big apartmet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Okeechobee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I go to Fort Myers beach as an alternative to the Keys.
On our last visit we noticed the Harbor House and decided to give
it a try on our next visit.We arrived an hour early and the front desk
let us check in.Most places make you wait.Great service at the front
desk.Our room was a one bedroom king with a balcony looking over
the bay .Free wifi, community room ,free coffee and a newspaper
every morning.We enjoyed the pool and Hot tub.The rooms are condo
units and are new and clean.Great location.Park the car and walk to
everything.The staff was pleasent and helpful.One thing I liked they
don't raise there rates on the weekend.We will be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The Harbour House in is located in a great location. The rooms were exactly as the pictures on the website. Clean, roomy, all new appliance, nice breeze if you don't want to use the AC. Free parking. The pool was clean and a few steps from our room. Community room had board games and coffee ready in the mornings. What more do you need! As long as the price stays the same...I'll be there next year!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Harbour House at the Inn? Share your experiences!