“Spent 2 nights here last weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Harbour House at the Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Old San Carlos Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
CC,Fl
“Spent 2 nights here last weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in rm 212 - 2 bed/2 bath with full kitchen for 2 nights this past weekend for my birthday celebration! This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel and for the most part, we enjoyed our stay! There were a couple of issues that prevented me from giving this stay a better than "Average" rating. The main issue we had was with the beds and pillows in both bedrooms! Our mattress was so soft, saggy and uncomfortable that my lower back is still aching today as I write this review! My husband and I just replaced our 10 year old mattress at home for this very same reason. It is so worn out and creaked with every move we made. I was out of bed each morning by 6:00 am because I just could not stand tossing and turning any longer!! When we would get up from the bed you could see the depression in the mattress where we had been sleeping and we are not overly large/heavy people, just average size, but these mattresses are in serious need of replacement. My sister and her fiance stayed in the second bedroom and found their bed to be the same way. My husband and I had brought our own pillows from home thankfully, because the pillows supplied were very flat and lumpy! The rest of the room was as expected, it was clean and decorated very nice. However, our room was not very well stocked like most hotels are. There were no coffee packets, no creamer, or sugar provided. We finally found the dish soap that was located in a soap dispenser installed on the top of the kitchen sink, we didn't know it was there in the beginning! There was no dish cloth provided so we just used a washcloth from the bathroom, which, by the way, the towels and washcloths were very thin and scratchy, no plush there at all! We had a stack-able washer and dryer in the kitchen closet, however there was no laundry soap provided, so we were not able to use the machines unless we wanted to make a trip to the store for soap. Overall our stay was fine, nothing extra special, but fine!! We love the location and had some really good food at Nervous Nellie's/Ugly's right across the street!! We had a great time fishing right across the street from the hotel and behind Nervous Nellie's on a pier right there! We chose to stay here because of the availability of the 2 bed/2 bath, but the price was not anything special, this room was $212.00 per night, tax included with our AAA discount!! I'm not sure if we'll stay here again anytime soon, we came away from this stay thinking it was just okay and maybe we could do better somewhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for feedback, it is always helpfull to hear how we are doing, good and bad alike. I would like to comment on a couple of the issues you listed above. We are aware of the mattress issues and they are getting replaced soon. As for the coffee, sugar, and creamer, we do not offer them in the unit but we do make coffee in the community room every morning. We do have laundry soap available in the front office, for your convenience . We always want our guests to leave with an excellent experience and hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you for your time.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I just came back from traveling 3 months around USA visiting different places, hotels and resorts and Harbour house at the Inn was the only very desappointing experience during my long trip.It's not a Resort like it says on Interval International . It's just a house with privately owned condos with a very small noisy pool and no views .There is not staff or management present except for one receptionist who has to take care of everything and leaves at 10pm when the house closes everything and nobody is encharged of the house after that time.They clean the rooms just once a week and there is not restaurant or bar or anything to do inside. The one bedroom apartments are very dark with a blind window looking to the dark hall and the small balconies just look at one big container and a parking lot located in front of the house.Very noisy in the mornings. I travel alone and the bed was very small even for one person.There was not internet connection in my room and I needed it to be able to talk to my children,do my work and plan my trip and Iam also claustrophobic so I asked them every day to move me to another room because of the darkness and the internet problem and they didn't do anything to help me in the whole week .They said that someone was trying to fix the Internet problem in that part of the house but never got it done during the whole week!so I had to stay late outside trying to get connection because they close everything at 10pm and it's not possible to use the comunity room or do anything after that time and anybody controls the grups of teenagers that come from the bars after midnight making lots of noise around the house.Every morning there were many garbage bags along the halls .The apartments are not well manteined and even that they are new, some walls are already dirty and damaged on the corners and they don't paint or fix them. I like traveling around USA because of the good costumer service and always want to stay longer were I go but this time, during my week in Harbour house, I didn't feel like I was traveling in USA and left one day earlier.I took the time to write this review because I don't want that what happened to me there happens to anybody else in the same circumstances and I wouldn't recomend this house to anybody.

Room Tip: Go with your family and ask for a big apartmet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Okeechobee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I go to Fort Myers beach as an alternative to the Keys.
On our last visit we noticed the Harbor House and decided to give
it a try on our next visit.We arrived an hour early and the front desk
let us check in.Most places make you wait.Great service at the front
desk.Our room was a one bedroom king with a balcony looking over
the bay .Free wifi, community room ,free coffee and a newspaper
every morning.We enjoyed the pool and Hot tub.The rooms are condo
units and are new and clean.Great location.Park the car and walk to
everything.The staff was pleasent and helpful.One thing I liked they
don't raise there rates on the weekend.We will be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The Harbour House in is located in a great location. The rooms were exactly as the pictures on the website. Clean, roomy, all new appliance, nice breeze if you don't want to use the AC. Free parking. The pool was clean and a few steps from our room. Community room had board games and coffee ready in the mornings. What more do you need! As long as the price stays the same...I'll be there next year!

• Stayed August 2012
Wigan, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just turned up on our travels around Florida and got a wonderful welcome. Had a suite as there were 4 of us - family with 2 grown up children. Beautifully decorated with exquisite finishing touches. Lots of room with two bathrooms and kitchen facilities. The lady on reception even made her own cookies - scrumptious! Sadly we only stayed two nights and moved on but would loved to have stayed longer. Fort Myers is a lovely place and would love to go back and stay longer next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We booked the queen bed condo, but upon arrival we've found the bed so small (it really is!) we asked for a king bed. Because this is not a regular hotel but one with privately owned condo's it was not that easy (despite our honeymoon) to get an upgrade with the receptionist. We had to pay a lot for.

We loved the modern equipped apartment with kitchen with dishwasher etc.

To our surprise the room was not cleaned during our stay. We do should have received clean towels the second day, but the maids accidentely had forgotton to do this. Luckily the receptionist took thoroughly care of this and gave us the clean towels. She also told us that we were not informed at checkin that they do not clean the rooms, do not make the beds and do not take care of toilet paper, but only renew towels that you put on the floor.

Pro's:
- free wifi
- free parking
- 5 minute walk to beach and pier
- modern  equipped and clean condo's
- BBQ present for common use
- good intervention of receptionist when towels were not renewed

Con's:
- we did not get the hotel and service vibe that we received earlier during our trip on the west coast. Probably because it was quiet and this property consists of privately owned condo's and there is no staff and management present (except for the well-intentioned efforts of the receptionists).
- pool not very clean (leafs, bugs and very chloric water)
- not a very comfortabel matress in our room (too worn)
- no room cleaning service despite high (hotel wise) rates
- No safe in room available for your valuables

Overall: ok, but we won't stay here and in Fort Myers a second time

• Stayed May 2012
HHInnkeeper, Front Office Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Harbour House At The Inn.
To be sure, those who enjoy the impersonal, multi-staffed feel of a large hotel would probably not appreciate the laid-back, homey atmosphere we try to promote here at the Inn, but, with only 34 suites, many guests have come to think of Harbour House as their ‘home at the beach.’
We love upgrading rooms for special occasions, but can only do so if a room upgrade is available. Still, do be sure to let us know if there is something you need and we will do our best to make you more comfortable. All of our king and deluxe suites have king-sized beds while studio and queen suites have the usual queen-sized beds. Even though all of our mattresses are still less than two years old, we are replacing some this year.
In our first couple years of operation, we discovered that the majority of our guests were opting out of a daily room servicing regimen, which made it difficult to determine the number of housekeepers needed daily. Due to this and a desire to do our part for the environment, we now inform guests at check-in that their room will be serviced and all towels replaced every three days. This information is also included on the check-in information sheet guests take with them.
Of course, any essentials, including fresh towels, are available at the front desk from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and guests can place garbage outside of their suite for pick-up any morning of the week.
It is unfortunate that this guest must have used the pool immediately following a storm - as our pool service generally keeps the pool in pristine condition.
Harbour House is a boutique condominium hotel, which means your experience is not going to be the same as at the large chains - and we like to think that’s a good thing!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Simply just call and go right to the source,ask for Laurie if she can make something nice happen she will and quick I might add.She cares about her property and the guest.It such a awesome laid back,clean place that sets right off Ft Myers Bch,I would reccomend this to anyone from a secret quick getaway to a family reunion,no more banquet halls this is the spot.She can reccomend all 3 meals and just relax poolside all day.Not like your normal crazy rat race on the beach,just perfect...KUDOS to Laurie...
Stacey(ft lauderdale)

Room Tip: Just speak to Laurie and ask for her advice..You really cant get a bad room..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the VERY kind review Stacey!
We all work hard to make our guests’ stays here as pleasant as you described - and truth be told - you would get the same service from any of our innkeepers.

Been to Harbour House at the Inn? Share your experiences!