“Rude” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service casual dining experience. Full Liquor License. Early Bird Menu, Tavern Menu, Dinner Menu. We own our own boats so you will not find fresher fish in Ft. Myers. We also have many Beef-Chicken and Pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. Large parties welcome. Dive In and Dine Fresh!!
IL
“Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

The food was great! The restaurant was nice and the staff was friendly. The one problem I had here was that they charged me for a bill that wasn't mine and then didn't even tell me. I checked my account that night and I was missing $40 that I had no idea were it had gone too. I reviewed my transactions and found what they had done. That next day i went in there and tried to figure out what happened. The manager on duty was rude, never apologized once and told me this happens all the time!! She said she had remembered that the server accidentally charged me and then they refunded that money back to my account. Well the money still wasn't back in my account a week later. Now I have to call back to FL and deal with the owner once again. Its ok to make a mistake, I understand that but not to tell me at all was a different story. Even when i talked to the owner she never once apologized either.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
“The best Stone Crabs for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

With family and friends I have dined on Stone Crabs the day the season opened and the food was excellent. They would put on a wine tasting party to celebrate the Stone Crab harvest it was great. The restaurant itself is just average, but the staff was very friendly and the service was great. An excellent value for your buck, I can't wait to return to their Stone Crab Party.

manchester, uk
“excellent fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

We went after recommendations from TA forum, we were not disappointed. The fish was BEAUTIFUL. I had crab cakes which I loved. This place looks unappealling but don't be put off give it a go.

Murrells Inlet, SC
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Judging from the reviews we were expecting a nice local spot for fresh seafood. Boy were we sadly mistaken?! We ordered the caesar salad and the dressing tasted like Miracle Whip! Horrible! My husband got the fried fish platter which actually was fairly decent with the exception of the shrimp which tasted like they were injected with iodine. I got the nightly special which was a garlic crusted grouper over spinach and parmesan risotto drizzled with a brown gravy. I can eat just about anything but that was the most disgusting dish I've ever put in my mouth. The brown gravy tasted like it was made from one of those packs you add water too - very artificial flavored. The risotto tasted like a boxed product - not very good. I covered my grouper with cocktail sauce hoping to drown out the overall flavors but that didn't help. I ended up leaving over half my dish. I should have made them take it back and if I had it to do over again I would. Would NOT recommend this place unless you don't mind eating sub-standard, artificial flavored "food".

Louisville, KY
“Exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

My wife and I dined at The Fishmonger last night (6-1-08) and loved it! We expected the average fried seafood fare that most other establishments serve and were nicely surprised. Excellent food, superb presentation! Long live the family owned and operated restaurant!