“S.O.B. A Great Time!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
tkas
“S.O.B. A Great Time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Visited the Smokin' Oyster Brewery with our two children in April. Although it was crowded, we were seated quickly in the outdoor area.
Service was pleasant, food was very good. Their own beer wasn't what we'd expected from a place called "brewery", but it was good.
A very talented performer with a guitar and microphone entertained us while we dined.
Childrens' meals are served in a souvenir frisbee...a big hit with our kids!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Michigan
“We stopped here for lunch after reading...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! My husband and I each had the SOB chowder which was excellent!! We also split an order of the island bread which was also very tasty. Service was great and the staff was awesome and patient even after my 4 year old spilled her drink.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, OH
“New Favorite Place in FMB - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

My wife and I had dinner and drinks here in March 2010. We both agreed that it was the best meal we had all week while in FMB. If you are looking for a fancy seafood restaurant, look elsewhere. If you are looking for good grub and a fun beach bar atmosphere, this is the place. The service was exceptional, the music was good, and the bathrooms were clean. I will definitely return to SOB on my next trip to FMB. My only compliant is that they allow smoking in the bar.

Bay Shore - Long Island, New York
“The Oyster Was Smokin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

The Smokin' Oyster Brewery was a great find. It is one block off the beach, a few hundred feet to Times Square. A casual place where a good natured crew behind the bar, led by Manager Charlie F, made you feel welcome by the sheer fact that THEY were having a good time while still effectively conducting the business at hand....your good time. A wide open place that made you feel like you were outside while being inside. Fresh, cold oysters on the half shell beautifully presented for a good price. We had them several times during our 4 night stay. The 30 piece "bucket" was a bargain. A guitarist in the evening playing enjoyable, not overbearing, music made the Smokin' Oyster a regular daily stopover sometime during the course of the late afternoon/evening. Really good place to get off your feet, sit at the bar and chat with people from all over the US doing the same thing you were...seeking sun and relaxation. The Smokin' Oyster helped with that.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“World Class Establishment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My wife and I visited Fort Myers Beach for the first time and based on reviews we had our first dinner at SOB and it was fantastic! As soon as we walked in the place we knew we made the right choice, the atmosphere screams fun times and great people. We sat at a table where it was warmer, we picked the coldest weekend I think in Florida history, and were immediately approached and asked what we would like to drink. Our drinks were served immediately by David our waiter, he was a very laid back guy with obvious skills in the business. I quickly noticed there were two gentlemen who stood point at the center of the place, it was obvious they were very diligent in insuring all of the customers were cared for. I was very impressed when a stranger approached our table visibly intoxicated and was immediately approached by one of the gentlemen on point and whisked away and out the door.

Now the best part was the food, my wife ordered the Dynamite Snapper that was Mesquite grilled, I have to say it was one of the best dishes we have ever had, the flavor was amazing! We have traveled all over Mexico to some of the finest restaurants and seriously the Snapper was like nothing I have ever had before. My recommendation to all is to check out their specials, the menu is not huge but the specials were very exciting, the snapper was a special that night. We ordered appetizers that were fantastic as well, if your not to hungry try one of them you won't be disappointed.

I asked to speak to the manager after dinner to pay a compliment to the chef, he quickly gave me a tour of the kitchen and introduced me to Walter, he had prepared the Snapper that night.

The entire staff at SOB were fantastic, we will be back this April in lieu of our annual Puerto Vallarta trip! Fort Myers Beach won us over and SOB was just the beginning of an incredible time!