“worked with us. great food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Beach Trolley stop is on the road next to the entrance.
Description: Bayfront Bistro is located on beautiful Estero Bay in a pristine preserve area on Ft Myers Beach. 200 yards from the white sands on the Gulf of Mexico the restaurant shares this beautiful location with Snook Bight Yacht Club & Marina. Bayfront Bistro is a Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast Award winner and the wine selection has 400 bottles to choose from, with something to please every palate. Dine in air conditioned comfort in the spectacular dining room where every table has a perfect view of the Bay or outside on the dining deck. Our talented chefs have crafted menus that will delight your senses! Start your meal with our Asian Calamari or Bayfront Flatbread, try our famous Bistro Salad, and then continue with 10 oz Filet Mignon, Bayfront Butterfish or Pork Con Mojo. And what meal would be complete without our Chocolate Seduction or Bayfront Bread Pudding? We look forward to seeing you!
ft myers
“worked with us. great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Christmas Day. We underestimated time to cross the bridge to the restaurant. They worked with us although we were 20 minutes late. I had plank salmon. Very good. My husband ordered prime rib. Little over done but everyone needs to visit a restaurant a couple of times to define wellness of beef. Great table by the bay. Smartly dressed diners. And did I say, food was very good and service was great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bayfront B, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Kat - Tis the season to be stuck in traffic. We try to accommodate all our patrons and we are so glad your special Christmas meal at Bayfront Bistro worked out great for your family! Thank you for your feedback and for giving us such a great review. Hope to see you soon.

Cary, NC 27511
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

On vacation at Fort Myers Beach. Come here often. We look for good deals in the local papers. On p 7 of the Dec 20, 2013 "The Island Sand Paper", Bayfront Bistro ran an ad that said, Early Dining "41 Special" - 2 salads, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, 2 glasses of wine - Only $ 41. Below that there was a note to "Make your Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve reservations early.

Word to the wise - I called, said I wanted the Christmas Day deal, $ 41, made a reservation for 4:30, showed up on time, got seated, told the waiter that I would like to see the $ 41 menu. We were told that was not available today. Asked to see the manager. Manager said that others had made the same "mistake" and that he could not help us.

We told several friends about this and we heard other stories that they would tell friends who showed up for the $ 41 special on other nights that the price had gone up. The ad was in the Dec 20th paper. When did this happen? Not the right way to treat customers.

We will not return. I recommend that you bring a copy of whatever "deal" is being offered with you - just in case there is any "confusion".

Steve,
First, let me say sorry we were not able to serve you the 41- Special on Christmas Day. On holidays, we create a “special menu” that is appropriate for the day. We know that on holidays most people are looking for an experience where they can enjoy their meal, family, friends and the special day. We price our menu fairly, we deliver great service and customers get to enjoy the ambiance of one of the Most Spectacular Waterfront Restaurants in America.
The 41-Special was changed on December 1st to give customers more value for a fine dining destination. It is very unfortunate that the newspaper ran the old ad by mistake!
Our entire Bayfront staff, from Managers to the person who took your reservation, were very much aware there would not be any discounted promotional dining on Christmas Day or any other holiday.
We value you as a frequent patron at Bayfront. We would never deceptively try to get anyone to our restaurant. If you would like to discuss this further or possibly revisit us, please contact me at bistrosowners@gmail.com Sorry about your experience.
Bob Rommel
Co-Owner
Bayfront Bistro
Columbus, Ohio
“Ahi tuna was a hit!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The service was good. The wine list had a nice range of varieties and price points. My husband ordered the ceviche, which was nothing spectacular. I think that might be because they served it in a very deep wine glass, so all the juices sunk to the bottom. He was just eating baby shrimp on a non-salted tortilla chip. The atmosphere was nice. We sat at the bar. I would give it 3.5 but not quite deserving of a 4.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bayfront B, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. The ceviche is a popular item. It should have been served in a large but shallow martini glass. I will make sure the kitchen sees this review and does not make that mistake again. The juices do make all the difference with the ceviche. Hope to see you again.

Co-owner
“Great food and outstanding friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable dinner with water views. Our server Jessica was attentive and knowledgeable. We had the sweet fire shrimp as an appetizer. Very tasty and the wonton bowl was a nice touch. The butterfish was excellent as an entree. Moist white fish with a nice Asian flair (miso and wasabi) The cioppino was also very good. Flavorful sauce and plenty of shrimp and mussels and seafood. The only minor critique would be that the pasta in the cioppino was not al dente, but that is more my personal taste from living in Italy.

A very nice dining experience. Wine selection was good and also an extensive selection of domestic and imported beers.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Its always nice to hear nice things about the restaurant.

Co-owner
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Service and Food Questionable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My parents have their boat in the marina next door. The bar downstairs was an absolute riot, and the service was amazing. 2 for 1s during happy hour, even for top shelf. However, on arrival at the restaurant upstairs (with excellent service by the hostess), we were greeted with a caricature of a waiter, a bit of the Ron Burgandy of the fine dining world, who brought along a young lady as his sidekick, who looked embarrassed by his delivery.

Wine list was good, and delivery was prompt, however, I ordered the short ribs, and they came out looking like a 70's beef Burgundy over bland mash potatoes, and the meet was so dry it was like something out of a buffet steam tray. My mother's scallops were under seared and overly sweet with a gluggy risotto. My fathers salmon was quite well cooked, but with nothing spectacular about flavor. I told Ron Burgandy that the short ribs were extremely tough, and I didn't eat the meal, and he came back, and apologized, and offered us $10 off of our meal. Considering that the entree's were $30 per plate, I felt pretty insulted. Especially after living in Chicago's Logan Square where I paid $15 a plate for Micheline star venues such as Longman and Eagle.

I don't know if Ron went home to his velvet apartment in Naples and turned on the red glow of his mood lightning and worried, but I assume not.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
It is always our intention to make all our guests happy and we appreciate everyone's feedback no matter what it is. However we also realize that we can't make everyone happy and our place is just not for everyone.......especially if, as in your case

1. you are comparing us to a tavern that's featured breakfast item is a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and eggs for 8 dollars
2. or after having a blast and riot on 2 for 1 drinks downstairs, you come upstairs expecting the same type of atmosphere. Upstairs is fine dining, downstairs is, come as you are, say what you want, have fun and kick back.

I appreciate your review on all 3 food items that were served to different people at your table. They are 3 of the most popular items we serve and I will pass on your reviews to the chef.

Not sure if you thought this through, but there are different employment challenges hiring in a seasonal town (Ft. Myers Beach), for a seasonal business, with a population of 12,000 people, than hiring all year round help, in one of the largest cities in the world (Chicago), with a population of 2.7 million people.
It appears you especially did not like your server, and I am sorry for that. However, personally attacking, judging and mocking him in a national forum, when you only met him for a few minutes is bad form and mean spirited, no matter how clever you thought you were being.

If you could emal the restaurant with the name and day you visited the restaurant I would like to offer a refund or credit for your meal.

If you paid for dinner that night, I would like to refund you your money.

If your mom and dad paid for dinner, I would like to offer them a choice of a refund or 50 dollar gift certificate to try us again.

Co-Owner