“Great food with open air view of Estero Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flippers on the Bay

Flippers on the Bay
8771 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931 (Formerly Flipper's)
+1 239-765-1025
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Estero Blvd.
Transit: Fort Myers beach trolley stop located one hundred yards to the west of the restuarant.
Description: Flippers on the Bay is an outdoor dining venue located on the dolphin filled waterfront vistas of Estero Bay. Enjoy the dynamic creations of Chef Juan Cruz while experiencing picturesque sunsets.
East Lansing
“Great food with open air view of Estero Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Flippers is an open-air, bar-type, casual place with restaurant-quality food. It is on Lover's Key (Black Island) overlooking Estero Bay. The restaurant is small (15 tables? I didn't count) and is raised ten feet for great views. Some are there for fine dining; others are there for a sandwich and beer. We had grouper, scallops, and shrimp entrees with one person getting a chicken wrap. All agreed that the food was excellent. We finished with a great key-lime pie and volcano-chocolate cake Four of us spent $140 including drinks and dessert.

Other tidbits: There is an elevator for handicap access. The restaurant is tucked away from the road with no sign on the road. However, it is easy to find because there isn't much there. Cross the bridge and then head toward the bay.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brainerd, Minnesota
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My Wife and I really enjoyed dining here. The staff was excellent and the food was fantastic. Plus sitting by the water while eating was a nice plus. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant.

Visited January 2012
Windsor
“One of the worst places on the Island to eat at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

It was our last night on our vacation and we thought to give this place a try since such a good reviews .Let me tell you we are not too picky of a eaters. When we arrived one section was blocked off and only 5 tables available. Two were taken so three still left. There was 5 of us. The waitress told us to find two tables and put them together. So we did...don't restaurant workers usually do that? I guess not. The tables were not cleaned and we mentioned it to the waitress and she just replied with "That's o.k.". So we joined two tables and when waitress arrived to take our order we told her that table needs to be cleaned as there are plates and cups in front of us that are not ours. She then upset started to clean the table. At home we looked up the menu items and were ready to order. The waitress told us that they do not have menu items like the ones on the internet that menu has changed about 1 year ago and the website did not get updated yet. I ordered Fish tacos. When the food was brought out on my plate were fish tacos, black beans and rice. Out of the rice and beans there were human hairs sticking up. As soon as I noticed it I told the waitress and she just picked it up without apologizing and told me "I'll get you new ones". I told her to substitute it for fries as just could not trust them. My husbands water cup was dirty and had something black floating in it. When she brought my tacos back first one tasted good but the second like Palmolive dish soap. I opened it and could see green liquid. I did not finish my meal, I did not complain...I just wanted to pay and get out of there.
Very dirty place....definitely will not eat here again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Went for a groupon will definitely go back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Went for breakfast. Delicious food, fantastic service, beautiful view right on the beach (saw dolphins, a bald eagle and ospreys) sign in the bathroom suggests live music on weekend and daily specials.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Don't go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Went for lunch on Christmas Eve. Great location/view, friendly attentive service, shame the food is no good.
My husband and I both ordered the Blackened Grouper sandwich. We were presented with a small piece of fish which wasn't blackened, it was greasy the french fries were cold and greasy. If you want a great grouper sandwich go to Bay Front Bistro or The Fish House, also on Fort Myers Beach.

• Visited December 2011