“Just amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando
“Just amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed two nights at this awesome bed and breakfast when I was in town for a friend's wedding, and got more than my money's worth. The rooms are appointed in such a cute fashion and the home cooked breakfasts are divine. Tree and Dan were such gracious hosts and they made me feel right at home. The inn is pet friendly as well which is a SUPER plus, as I was able to bring my cat. A great location directly across the street from the beach and close to a lot of other shops and restaurants, but away from the madness of the busy parts of the beach. I will definitely stay here if I ever come to Ft Myers Beach again, and Mango Street Inn has my highest recommendations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at he Inn for three nights and enjoyed our time there. The place is very clean and roomy. Everything you need is there along with a kitchen, couch and tv area adjacent to the kitchen. It is quiet at night and nice to sit out and have a drink in the common area with tables and chairs. There are many restaurants in the area also. Dan and Tree are very pesonable without being intrusive. Dan cooks a great breakfast, every day something a little different. The beach is a two minute walk away. We had a great dinner at Fresh Catch, don't miss the Happy Hour there. The Edison Museum is worth going, educational, interesting, and worth the money. If you like cozy, down to earth places without the glitz and noise of many big hotels you will enjoy it here. We would recommend staying with Dan and Tree.
RW

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week in May and really enjoyed it. The rooms are like apartments with everything you need.The beach and great food is just a short walk. The patio is a good place to relax . Dan and Tree have created a place with a great atmosphere and delicious breakfast. It is nice to be treated like friends. You won`t find a more friendly place to stay. We are very happy we found Mango Street Inn. We will go back.

Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Mango tree inn is a lovely stay!! Tree and Dan is so helpful and caring host you possible could meet. the helpt us with everything! we arrived late and the served us a lovley dinner, Dan was our captain on a perfect fishingtrip etc,etc. the place is clean, the apartments large ang nice , close to the beach, you can borrow all you need fore the beachtrip. thnak you Tree and Dan!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed with my parents for mothers day weekend and had an amazing time. The rooms are imaculate and have nice decor. The outdoor patio has a cozy ambiance with fountains and beautiful plants. It is within walking distance of everything you'd want to do. We ate out, had drinks and listened to live music just minutes away. We found ourselves sitting outside every evening and just relaxing. The inn keepers treat you like friends and not just guests. Not to mention they prepare world class breakfast each morning. I am a Fort Myers local and I'm convinced this is the best place on the beach. Don't bother staying anywhere else, it won't compare. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I say "hidden" because it was an area of tranquility right in the heart of Ft Myers Beach. I say "gem" because of the owners, Tree and Dan, who were so helpful and kind. I said "delicious" numerous times during breakfast where a phenomenal home cooked breakfast awaited us every day, tailored to my and my husband's eating preferences (I am a vegetarian, so it was nice to have breakfasts made for me with that in mind). This Inn made our stay in Ft Myers Beach memorable and we are already planning a visit back.

Room Tip: Tell them Heather sent you. It might not get you a good room, but it'd be fun for me!
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We spent three nights there over Mothers Day weekend along with our grown daughter and her friend, and wished we'd have had time to stay longer as Tree and Dan are the perfect hosts. Note that we are very well-traveled and try to always stay in small hotels or B&B's to get more of the flavor of the city we're staying in, so this little inn was right up our alley.

First, it's everything that other reviewers said it is: Excellent location right opposite the beach and beach access, and walking distance to good restaurants and shopping; lovely little property with pretty landscaping in the central common area; soothing fountain; comfy chairs for sitting outside to enjoy the sea breeze; plenty of parking.

We had two spacious doubles - one with Queen bed and the other with a King - both well decorated living areas, kitchens with everything you'd need (excellent coffee included!); small dining table; living room with big couch/arm chairs; bathrooms with tubs/shower. Everything was very clean and well-maintained and the Inn provides beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, and even a cart to haul all the stuff in (we had loads!). Since we were there in the off season Dan was able to show us the vacant two-bedroom, and it was lovely and roomy - excellent for families. The well-stocked book shelves are an added bonus.

Breakfast is Dan's purview since, among all his other talents, he's a chef. It's served under the pergola between 9:00 and 10:00 (they'll do room service) and each time was a culinary adventure worthy of a top-notch restaurant.

Dan and Tree are conscientious hosts and work their tails off to make their property the gem that it is. They even did us a tremendous (and un-asked for) favor. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that we were so grateful that we gave them a parting gift in thanks. That's a first for us...

Thank you, Mango Street Inn!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mango Street Inn? Share your experiences!