“Fairly nice but much older, a lot of Europeans with bad manners and bad kids.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6200 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931   |
Special Price
Turtle Time Savings!
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“Fairly nice but much older, a lot of Europeans with bad manners and bad kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The title covers a lot of our experiences. Great beach, much older property, probably 1950s, but fairly well cared for. No elevator. Most of the rooms have kitchenettes. Rates overall are quite high, but onsite restaurant has good inexpensive food.
Europeans probably think its a good deal because there are a lot of them. The property is right on the quarter mile wide beach. There is a pool bar which attracts a lot of off property people. Low quality live entertainment in early evening. Publix and CVS close by.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I use trip advisor for all my vacation reviews.
My review will be short and sweet.
The outrigger worked our very well for me and my wife and two 11 year old daughters.
The location was idea for us - about 2.5 miles away from the louder spring break locations.
The room was small but clean and comfortable. Nice TV and refridgerator. The hotel is located on a beautiful beach. The tiki bar is fun - lots of people every night (a good deal of older people from neighbooring condos showed up nighltly). The action shuts down at around 10pm. The pool is nice and warm. The kids loved it. The service was great. The onsite restaurant as good. There is a 7-11 across he street for all you needs and a nice restaruant too - if you dont want to drive.
The best part was the beach and the sunset. The beach is awesome - clean white soft sand and you can walk on it for a couple miles or swim in the gulf. We saw 5 dolphins 10 minutes into our stay.
This is not a 5 star or even 4 star - but it is definitely worth the money - and I would recomend it.

Barrington, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed at this small hotel every year for the past several years. The best feature of the hotel, by far, is its location directly on the beach. The tiki bar is also nice and the service there is generally good. The restaurant is convenient for a quick bite. The heated pool is nice.

The hotel has an old motor lodge feel to it. The property is a bit older and generally well maintained. The rooms are functional and clean but could use use some renovating and updating. Given the hotel is right on the beach, you probably won't spend much time in the room.

In my opinion, the customer service is inconsistent. Over the years, I've encountered some very good customer service at this property but I've also encountered poor customer service on more than one occasion with different service functions at the hotel. For example, sometimes my room gets made up promptly in the morning and sometimes my room gets made up unreasonably late in the afternoon.

I think this hotel is fairly priced in $150-$200 per night range. At this price point, dated facilities and inconsistent customer service should probably be expected. If you're looking for a clean no-frills experience on the beach, the Outrigger will meet your needs. If you're looking for something special, there are probably other better options in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JLBIGOS, General Manager at Outrigger Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Barrington Guest,
I agree that our location is the very best that Southwest Florida has to offer. I appreciate that you feel our resort offers a fair value for your vacation dollar. However, I am concerned on your comments of inconsistent service and will discuss these with our management staff. As you are an Outrigger Club Member, we hope to see you return. At check-in please ask to schedule your housekeeping service at a more consistent and convenient time for you and your family. I appreciate your feedback and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Jeanne Bigos
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for one night during our spring break and booked online a few weeks in advance. Many of the reviews are spot on - the place may not be the most modernized resort, but it is very well kept, clean, and modest.

The tiki bar, pool area and walk out to the expansive beach are great as is the service and friendliness of the other guests. I am glad that we stayed.

massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cindy at the restaurant and berguerette as our housekeeper were splendid. Cindy makes me feel like i'm home again!!! Thanks a lot!!! be back next year! The front desk staff and the gift shop staff were also wonderful..All is convenient, casual, friendly and a wonderful way to relax!
The sunsets are great, the entertainment fun and engaging, bar service is great! Now planning to spend my vacations in Ft Meyers at this resort as it is by far great for my age and feels like a US all inclusive!!

Dear MaryQueen,

I love the Outrigger as well! I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and will share them with our staff. I appreciate your feedback and all of us look forward to your return.

Jeanne Bigos
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on Ft Myers Beach several times over the past several years, and never have had a bad or unpleasant experience. It is always clean and well-kept. As of our most recent stay, for my twin sister's and mine birthday last weekend, we noticed that the hotel had re-vamped and improved their cafe which is on the grounds. The breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced at $8.99 per person. We also ordered a pizza from their cafe, for the first time, and were delighted at the freshness and taste, not to mention the speed at which our orders were made ready for us to pickup. They do offer to deliver to the room, but, we decided to pickup our own order. The pool area on premises offers a heated experience, with warm water year-round. The hotel has pool towels at the pool and the adjacent bar/entertainment area even offered cheese/crackers/wine and an alcohol-free beverage, free of charge to guests on one of the afternoons we were there. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be on the gorgeous, large, white sand beach, but out of the area of springbreakers. We always have a great time at the Outrigger Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room as far as we are concerned.
Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Please stay away,so we can have this beauitful experience, all to our selfs. All I can say,PEACEFULLY ELOQUENT !!! If you need to just get away from lifes ups and downs, this is the place to come.We found Excellent service in all areas. This was our 2nd visit and both times our rooms was always clean and nice. We checked other Resorts prices and inquired with friends and family, this is a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Outrigger Beach Resort? Share your experiences!