“I'm so disappointed...” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 670 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cross street: Daniel's Parkway
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I'm so disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you've read my previous review, you will know how much I loved, (past tense) this restaurant. Today, that image has been broken. I traveled over from Ft. Lauderdale, just to have my usual good meal here, unfortunately, it was not to be. I had a 7pm reservation on a Saturday night. My waiter didn't bring out silverware and napkins. My soup was delivered and not having napkins and silverware had to be pointed out. I ordered Blue point oysters, they were out of those. Okay, got another kind. After listening to the specials, I wanted the lobster tails, they were out. On a Saturday night, Valentine's weekend and no lobster, hmmm. So I ordered the usual stand by coconut shrimps- mistake, they were dry and without substance. The broccoli was tasteless and mushy. Waiter brought out 2 kinds of butter to help with the broccoli, but what can you really do with mushy food. Husband had the steak, medium, it was cooked all the way through. I did speak to the manager, who did take the steak off the meal, and did in fact give me a gift certificate. However, the disappointment of driving over 130 miles for Valentine's weekend to go to one of your favorite restaurants, and find a seafood restaurant without two mainstay seafood items, and have shrimp over cooked, a gift certificate will not placate my disappointment or ire. Thank you for the gesture. Quality of food and service has diminished, even the bread was mediocre. Alas...

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham, Massachusetts
“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is my FIRST stop on my annual Florida vacation, without fail. Their PEI mussels in wine broth are the best I have ever tasted, their gazpacho is devine and refreshing and their coconut cheesecake is to die for. Besides the amazing food they have though, is the service. Some of the best restaurant service I have ever had has been here. Its a beautiful place, the atmosphere is nice and I recommend it highly!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
albany
“Really good!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our first visit to Blue Pointe. The restaurant just reopened after being closed for renovation. Beautifully appointed, comfortable dining room. My salmon caesar salad was excellent. Generous, delicious grilled salmon on top of a caesar salad. My husband's black grouper caesar salad was also excellent. The house garlic rolls are so-o-o good. Our waiter was attentive and very personable. Our friends enjoyed their meals as well. We will return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Food Good, service great, until we were chased out by a rude server!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The oysters are awesome, the service was great, and the entrees good/ not great. The noise level is loud, made worse the entire evening by a loud voiced waiter training another waiter. This is on a saturday evening when the place is packed. This training was going on in the middle of the restaurant for all to hear. Thank-you, there was enough noise and on our way our out we mentioned this to our server. At which point this fellow chased us out of the place to make a rude, sarcastic comment to us. Yes we did talk to the manager who assured us steps would be taken. However it certainly soured the experience of a good meal with a wonderful waitress.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Favorite Oyster place...ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place has the best oysters ever! They serve seafood as well as steaks, other meats. However, the seafood is the best (in my opinion). The seafood tower is fresh and down right tasty! We eat here once a week and bring our friends. We have never been disappointed with the food nor the staff! This place rocks!

Visited January 2014