“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Miami
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First time at this Fairfield Inn and was very pleased with the facility. Although right off the Tamiami Trail there was actually no traffic noise. Check in took approximately 5 minutes and that included the breakfast times, surrounding area etc. Same with check out. The staff both days of our stay was very pleasent and were dressed in coat and tie which was a nice touch. Breakfast was the typical Marriott fare with scrambled eggs and sausage, cereal, etc. I only have two problems with my stay and they aren't really significant. First, upon entering the room there was an overpowering scent of room deoderizor but after turning off the air, opening the window the and going out for 30 or 35 minutes the odor was minimized. My second problem was with the bed. It appears the the beds have been recently replaced with a memory foam type mattress. Both my wife and I thought the mattress was quite uncomfortable. A fair nights sleep but could have better. All in all a nice stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Tim P.

I appreciate you taking time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service of our staff.

By the end of September we should have brand new mattresses in all rooms. I hope you will have the chance to visit us again and experience a more comfortable night's sleep.

Thank you again for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have brought softball teams here several times and they never disappoint. Great prices and rooms and exceptional staff!! From the intial contact with group sales to the actual stay everyone was very helpful and professional. Whenever I had a question or concern they always got back to me promptly. Definitely will return to this hotel whenever we have a tournament in Ft Myers.

• Stayed July 2013
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We strive to be a team-friendly hotel! There are many properties in our area, and we consider it a compliment that you continue to choose us. Till next time...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Approximately 50 people from my company stayed at this hotel for several weeks. Communication with management was prompt and any logistical issues were addressed immediately. There were no complaints from my staff that stayed at the hotel. Shuttle service to and from the airport was provided and also arranged to the work site for a small fee. My staff liked the location of the hotel within walking distance from several restaurants, bars and the Bell Tower shops. It is in a central location of Fort Myers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your comments to Trip Advisor. We kinow your time is valuable. It is great to hear that you and those from your company were pleased with our accommodations and location. Our goal is to give the service that will make our guests want to return, and we hope that if your company has the need for rooms again in our area, you will choose us once more.
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton for $80 but they were sold out. Reviews were good for this hotel as I had to make decision at 9pm. I didn't want to spend Crowne Plaza $. I probably should have called as they were under $10 apart on Expedia. I saved $30 by reserving directly. Room was clean & comfortable but not in same class as Hilton & Crown Plaza. Breakfast was great. Pool looked nice. But I didn't feel it was priced appropriately.

• Stayed June 2013
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments about our hotel. We always want to know what our guests are thinking and feeling about their stay. We strive to remain competitively priced in our market, and you probably know rates fluctuate based on many factors. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast. Perhaps next time you will have time to enjoy the pool as well!

Thanks again for your review.
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was conveniently located off the highway. I drove into town late, but received no issues with my check-in. If you do check-in off hours, just know you will be waiting in the main entrance until the night shift attendant notices. After check-in is complete you will be buzzed into the hotel lobby. We took the elevator up, and I couldn't help but giggle when I heard the elevator bell tone. It's noticeable that the hotel is dated, but it really does have an old school charm. The room was most importantly clean, spacious, and had all the other typical hotel room amenities. The noise level was at a minimum, which was greatly appreciated after a tiresome day of driving. Originally, I chose this hotel based on it's proximity from the highway, but I was also pleased to find out the next morning that it was close to the slough that I wanted to visit. Breakfast was decent, ranging from Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches to fresh cut fruit.

I wanted to note that the morning front desk associate was very nice and accommodating. I asked for a late check out, and the associate asked me what time I wanted to check out. Usually, hotels would just slap another hour on my specified check out time, but for me to be given an option was a definite added plus! Honestly, this place was such a great bargain at the rate I was charge. I rated this excellent because my room was clean, service was efficient, and the employees were friendly. Good luck with your stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your thoughtful comments about our hotel.

Since your stay, we have added some new items to our breakfast. The breakfast sandwiches have been replaced by hot scrambled eggs and sausage. Our guests are liking these changes.

There are some renovations planned for later in the year (not sure this will include the elevator bell : ) .

And we're glad we could accommodate your late checkout requests. We want to deliver the service that will make you want to return! Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again soon.
Efland, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Fort Myers is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. The hotel itself is pretty small, but the rooms are spacious. The hotel is clean and well lit. There is a social hour a couple days a week in the breakfast area, including beer, wine, soda, and light snacks. The hotel is in a great location; within three minutes of many shopping and dining options. There is also a movie theater caddy-corner to the hotel, so there is some entertainment in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Fort Myers area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and we appreciate all your positive comments. As an update, we have suspended the social hour during off-season. But our staff remains committed to providing clean, comfortable accommodations. And we think we have one of the best locations in all of Ft. Myers. Hopefully you will visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. The staff was great and breakfast was delicious. The location is great. Barnes and noble, world market, and target are across the street and great restaurants all around. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for posting about your experience at our hotel. The restaurants and shopping opportunities seem to be one of the main reasons customers book with us, and many have said they come back because of our friendly staff. Glad you also enjoyed our hot breakfast! We hope you will be able to return soon.

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers? Share your experiences!