This Fairfield Inn provided a pleasant, comfortable stay.
Check-in and check-out were both handled pleasantly and efficiently. Room was a bit small but comfortably furnished. Ample pillows ... comfortable bed ... spotlessly clean bathroom. Room was just off the lobby on the first floor, which made it a bit noisy in the earlier hours of the morning when other guests were headed to the lobby for the breakfast or to check out. (Some guests don't apparently realize that others may still be sleeping when they are awake, and hold loud conversations in the hallway...)
I did not eat the breakfast but observed that there was a variety of breakfast items (hot and cold) available, and the breakfast area itself was clean and well stocked.
Ample parking is available. Location is just off of US41 (Tamiami Trail) just south of Daniels Parkway. The airport is about 12-15 minutes away by car.
Overall, I was satisfied with the stay, but there are a couple of observations to note:
* I arrived after midnight, and found the entryway to the hotel to be very reminiscent of arriving at a Motel 6 - complete with a night window. This, to me, doesn't fit the Marriott brand and lowers my perception of the hotel. I did not have to use the night window, as I was buzzed into the lobby, but its existence doesn't convey a level of quality that I would think Marriott would want with the brand.
* The towels in the bathroom were cheap - more reminiscent of larger version of Motel 6's non-absorbent towels than the fluffier, thirsty ones that are found at virtually all other Marriott brand properties. Not sure why Fairfield Inn would do it - I sometimes get the impression that Fairfield Inn, while being a nice, comfortable brand, doesn't quite fit in logically with Marriott's family of brands - kind of like the brand that is trying to find a niche. They could do well to take a cue from Hampton Inn, which, I believe is of similar position in the marketplace and does have an identity for the brand.
* There was a nice work desk with ample room and a comfortable chair - but the only electrical outlet was on the wall near the floor - and there was only one socket available, as the other was being used by the desk lamp. A simple investment in a power strip or mounting outlets more conveniently would be a nice touch for technology-connected travelers such as myself. I plugged my computer into that socket but then had to find another place to plug in my phone. Not a big deal - just another little thing that makes me wonder what kind of identity Fairfield Inn has.
Overall, this is a decent hotel and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location! Fairfield Inn Fort Myers is close to most anything you would want to do while you're here. Visit the Everglades, Sanibel Island, Ft. Myers beaches, historic Edison Ford Estates. Spring Training! Boston Red Sox play at their new Jet Blue Stadium, and Minnesota Twins and Ft. Myers Miracle at Hammond Stadium. Near Seminole Gulf Mystery Train, Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall, Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, Edison College, Lakes Park, Bell Tower Shops, Saks, Chico's, Williams Sonoma, Barnes and Noble, World Market, Gulf Coast Hospital. Complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs,sausage,waffles,yogurt,assorted breads,fresh fruit. Heated outdoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, guest laundry. Across from Macaroni Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, Big Al's Sports Grill, Coldstone Creamery, Bob Evans. Free highspeed wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Fort Myers Hotel Fort Myers
- Fairfield Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Fairfield Inn