“Typical Fairfield Inn - Generally Good...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Rowlett, Texas
“Typical Fairfield Inn - Generally Good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Fairfield Inn provided a pleasant, comfortable stay.

Check-in and check-out were both handled pleasantly and efficiently. Room was a bit small but comfortably furnished. Ample pillows ... comfortable bed ... spotlessly clean bathroom. Room was just off the lobby on the first floor, which made it a bit noisy in the earlier hours of the morning when other guests were headed to the lobby for the breakfast or to check out. (Some guests don't apparently realize that others may still be sleeping when they are awake, and hold loud conversations in the hallway...)

I did not eat the breakfast but observed that there was a variety of breakfast items (hot and cold) available, and the breakfast area itself was clean and well stocked.

Ample parking is available. Location is just off of US41 (Tamiami Trail) just south of Daniels Parkway. The airport is about 12-15 minutes away by car.

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay, but there are a couple of observations to note:

* I arrived after midnight, and found the entryway to the hotel to be very reminiscent of arriving at a Motel 6 - complete with a night window. This, to me, doesn't fit the Marriott brand and lowers my perception of the hotel. I did not have to use the night window, as I was buzzed into the lobby, but its existence doesn't convey a level of quality that I would think Marriott would want with the brand.

* The towels in the bathroom were cheap - more reminiscent of larger version of Motel 6's non-absorbent towels than the fluffier, thirsty ones that are found at virtually all other Marriott brand properties. Not sure why Fairfield Inn would do it - I sometimes get the impression that Fairfield Inn, while being a nice, comfortable brand, doesn't quite fit in logically with Marriott's family of brands - kind of like the brand that is trying to find a niche. They could do well to take a cue from Hampton Inn, which, I believe is of similar position in the marketplace and does have an identity for the brand.

* There was a nice work desk with ample room and a comfortable chair - but the only electrical outlet was on the wall near the floor - and there was only one socket available, as the other was being used by the desk lamp. A simple investment in a power strip or mounting outlets more conveniently would be a nice touch for technology-connected travelers such as myself. I plugged my computer into that socket but then had to find another place to plug in my phone. Not a big deal - just another little thing that makes me wonder what kind of identity Fairfield Inn has.

Overall, this is a decent hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If on the first floor, avoid rooms near the entrance to the lobby, if noise is of concern.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about our hotel. The first floor can be very convenient, but is sometimes noisy. If noted in a reservation, we try to assign people to their preferred floor when possible. I'm glad you were satisfied with most of your stay, with the exception of an architectural feature and the towels. You may be interested to know that Marriott has revised the standard for the terry, and as we resupply inventory, the upgraded product is being ordered. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in Ft. Myers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Excellent Hotel and Staff.
The rooms are always Nice and Clean, the staff is very friendly & go out of their way to to help you. They have a wide variety for breakfast and there is always coffee & cookies waiting for you during the day and evening. There is a pool and exercise room to work or relax.
The hotel is close to Major Restaurants and shopping (walking distance)!
I stay when traveling for work and I have stayed with my family on personal trips as well.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are honored that you to refer to us as your "home away from home!" Please know we want to continue to provide the hospitality and accommodations you have come to expect from our hotel.

We appreciate that you took the time to write such a great review. If there is ever anything we can do to make your visits more comfortable, please let us know.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Have used this property on and off for a number of years when staying in Fort Myers on business.

Stayed in #333 earlier this week (the property was sold out - so moving to another room was apparently not an option). The matress was in need of replacement (the sidewalls had a very sad 'dip' from over use) and the wall A/C resisted any attempts to reduced the oppressive humidity - resulting is a sweat covered restless night's sleep.

The property offers a great location, but management/ownership needs to do a serious walk-thru and upgrade and update the place.

I'm seriously considering moving my overnights a little further south on US41 and staying at the Hyatt Place in Coconut Point.

Room Tip: Ask to check the condition of your bed/mattress before accepting the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments about your stay with us. I apologize that your room was not comfortable, and we did not have another to offer you. Some of our mattresses have been recently replaced, but thankfully most guests find that they are able to have a restful night's sleep in most rooms of the hotel.

Renovating is scheduled for later in the year. I sincerely hope we have not lost your business, and invite you to feel free to contact me personally if you experience other problems. We want to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.

Thank you again. It is important for us to know what our guests are thinking.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very good continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and courteous. Clean rooms. Pleasurable stay. Met expectations and didn't have any issues with checking in or checking out. Appeciate the little things when staying at hotel and staff was well trained with this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We always appreciate it when travelers take time to submit their comments to Trip
Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and mentioned "litte things" that often go unnoticed. We hope you will be able to stay with us again when you are in Ft. Myers.
Cruz Bay, St. John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while visiting family in the area. All of the staff were extremely polite and helpful. The room was nice and comfortable. The included breakfast had a lot of options and was a nice addition.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. We know travelers regard highly the opinions of other travelers, and we appreciate your favorable comments, including the one about the first floor!
We hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Greybull, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was told that there would be a van at the airport. Walked out the baggage claim door and there it was with the driver standing outside. As we approached the driver actually referred to me by name. Already I'm impressed. When we got to the hotel (Tues) we learned that they were having a little guest appreciation get together in the breakfast room. Nice touch! Since I was here for surgery, they made certain that I had a room on the ground floor and close to the lobby. We were told that if we needed anything, simply ask. We never did ask for anything but I feel that had we asked, we would have been treated well. The staff here were wonderful. My thanks to them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you the wonderful comments you posted on Trip Advisor. Our staff takes pride in doing what we can for our guests. Little things do matter. We trust all is well following your surgery. If you are ever in Ft. Myers again, we hope you will stay with us.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When we made our reservation we asked for connecting rooms. The woman we spoke with said no problem. When we checked in the person at the front desk immediately said they probably won't be connected. I asked him to check the reservation to see if it was requested and he snapped back at me to slow down because he hadn't brought the reservation up yet. I was shocked that he would treat a guest like that. Definitely set the tone for our stay...especially at $200 per night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at check-in. I sincerely apologize if you did not receive the type of accommodations you were expecting, and if any of our staff members did not treat you respectfully. We are generally know for our friendliness, and I'm sorry we did not deliver in this instance. Please accept our apologies.

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Fort Myers? Share your experiences!