“nice set up, quiet & near I-75” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Airport

You added Quality Suites Airport to your Saves list
Quality Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13651-A Indian Paint Lane, Fort Myers, FL 33912 (Formerly Comfort Suites Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Apopka, Florida, USA
“nice set up, quiet & near I-75”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

very comfortable, nice breakfast included & nicely arranged in a sitting/dining area setting. Indoor pool & hot tub! loved it! fridge, microwave in room, & NO weird smells anywhere!!!!

Room Tip: ask for double beds if you don't want a king.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The good:
The room was clean and a nice size. The bed was comfortable, and so were the pillows (although they were the size of throw pillows). The free wi fi was speedy and easy to connect to. Fridge and microwave, and a little prep area made it convenient to bring along food and have light meals in the room. There's even a little bistro table and chairs in the room.

The bad:
Service was spotty. EACH time I needed something at the desk, I had to go looking for someone - both times I found them in the little lounge room off the front lobby. I can kind of understand stepping away, especially during slow times (FL in September), but believe they should have been more attentive to guests needing their assistance. The people themselves were nice and helpful - just hard to find.
The common areas, particularly the main staircase leading to the 2nd floor, were NOT clean. I saw the same spots on the tile, the same goopy area near the coffee maker, etc etc, for 2.5 days. Housekeeping never came to my room while I was there - I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door for about 3 hours in the morning, so don't know if I missed my only "window of opportunity," but I never once saw a housekeeping cart in the halls.

The other:
There is no elevator. This wasn't an issue for me, but I thought that the front desk person might have mentioned it when selecting a 2nd floor room for me. Just because I walked in without difficulty doesn't mean I might not have had trouble navigating stairs. And she watched me walk up and down BOTH first floor hallways, until I had to come to the front desk and ask "where are the elevators." Her response was a chuckle and a "we don't have one." Odd.

Price was decent - $49 for the night. Ask for the "coupon rate."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and it is always a nice hotel to stay at. Yes, it could use some updating, but the AC works great, the beds are comfortable. Its nice having the bonus space with the pull out couch. Front desk is always very helpful with good places to eat, and it is close to all of the spring training teams down there. I plan on going back next year, and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
McDonalds Corners, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

The front desk staff were great. The breakfast is good. The bed is great.

Now the bad news. The colour TV would be better if it showed more colour than pure red. It needs to go.
The bathtub has long seen better days and needs replaced. The mechanical stopper lever simply would not work.
The walls of the bathroom has some sort of brown smear extending up beside the toilet and was really quite gross. Cleaning staff needs to address this.

It had some serious faults, but we did have a good night's sleep and breakfast. We aren't very fussy and did have a good stay. The shortcomings needs to be addressed and it could be a nice place, but I would just give it a mediocre review.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We made reservation over internet, site unseen. the hotel was clean and nice, no flat screen tv, but upon arriving we were given room upstair very steep to climb. We now make sure we have downstairs room or elevator hotel in future. Rest of stay was fine.
while checking in a cat was roaming around the hotel, the desk clerk said it was hotel cat.
That turned me off, as I have allergies and it ran freely. Also it was waiting at the door when we checked out to get in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Meandering around the Florida Gulf coast, I was going to spend my second night in Fort Myers at a hotel closer to FM Beach, but I was really impressed with this hotel and staff. This is all non-smoking and no pets, so I was surprised when the house cat greeted me at the front entrance. I think he is the owner's or manager's pet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Albany NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Long story short, my flight was canceled so I called to cancel my reservation immediately. I was 15 minutes after the cancelation time. After literally two weeks of phone calls to "customer support" and the hotel in question I made zero progress. Each person I spoke with was either unable or unwilling to do anything for me. The national "customer support" line stated they have no authority over the individual locations and at no point offered to assist me with negotiating. The "customer support" line exists to handle reservations, marketing for the hotels, and record customer complaints. This should be called the "hotel support" line as the customer will recieve none. I was ultimatley bilked for the $80-$100 that a single night would have cost. I consider that payment for a great lesson. I travel very frequently, and now will only stay in ANY Choice Hotels International location when left with no alternative. Travelers BEWARE.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Suites Airport? Share your experiences!