“Great Place and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Fort Myers Central
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4850 South Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers, FL 33907-1320   |
Ranked #38 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very accomodating staff. Great location, easy to find, nice pool and rooms are very clean and well appointed. Lots of good restaurants nearby. City airport is just a mile away and international regional airport is only about 8 miles away. Not too far from the beaches and Sanibel and Captiva. Stayed here several times will definitely return.

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My several nights with this hotel far exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and met all of my needs. Micro and fridge with a nice tv. It was comfort away from home. I would recommend this LaQuinta to all who stay in Ft.Myers Florida

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Been here twice and both times I was very satisfied, I had a car filled with very expensive electronics parked outside my door and it was perfectly fine overnight. On my second visit the front desk even allowed a VERY early check in, I drove all the way from DC and she even placed me in the same room I got the last time. If you need to check in before 12 noon, call the desk and ask because they will accommodate you if they were not sold out or your room type is available. Hooker hotel? That's everywhere you go buddy, I've stayed at hotels in DC and NYC and like it or not these hookers can pay the $300+ a night just like you and me. Noise? You are in the middle of a city, you expect to hear the trees swaying? Housekeeping is also very quiet, they were cleaning the rooms next to me and I didn't even notice. Usually housekeeping in other hotels slam the door , and their carts sound like a grocery cart that needs new wheels.
Anyway, I will be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor for easy access.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Thank you so much for the clean and comfortable room. Love the fact that you are pet friendly. Out dogs loved the room too. Staff was friendly and terrific. Can always count on fresh fruit for breakfast too. The linens are of top quality and the room was very clean.

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and our two small children drove over to Fort Myers from West Palm Beach for our anniversary weekend to have a nice day at the beach, and we decided that we would just stay overnight rather than drive the 2.5 hours home the same day. I read some of the other reviews of this place while I was staying there and I can understand some of them, however, my experience was just fine. The hotel is in the city, roughly 20 minutes from the beach. It is a very "quick" 20 minutes though, and there are plenty of restaurants and other convenient places like WalMart close by.

This particular property is one of their value locations, as it was most likely a Motel 6 or something silimar before. It is a typical older motel style building with 2 stories and exterior doors rather than interior ones. The rooms themselves were average sized (not tiny but not terribly big) and the sink area was a decent size. I will agree with the reviewers who said that the bathroom itself is very tiny - if the door opened out or was a sliding door it wouldn't be so bad, but the door opening in was a terrible idea. The shower is full sized though, and the only issue was the door opening in.

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the check in process was quick and painless. The room was clean, well set up and well stocked. Earlier I said that they hotel is in the city so there is some noise the closer to the highway you are as well as on the side of the hotel where the restaurant next door is (Mel's) but overall it was pretty quiet, we thought. I did see some people who were probably living there and may have been those who previous reviewers described, but everyone kept to themselves and we never felt threatened or uncomfortable in any way whatsoever.

My only complaint is that the refrigerator did not work, it was plugged in and everything, but wasn't cold and had a really strange odor coming from it. It did appear clean, though, so who knows.

We did have a bit of a weird experience that I thought was worth mentioning. We went out to get dinner and when we came back, the TV was off when we left it on on purpose so that it appeared that someone was in the room. A washcloth was on the dresser that we did not recall putting there, but all of my jewelry, my laptop, and my SLR camera were stil where we left them and nothing else seemed out of place. I am not sure if perhaps someone working there came in or not, but if so, I would think that we should have been told about it. We meant to say something at check out but since nothing had been taken or moved, we actually both forgot about it until we got home that day.

All in all I would say it is a good place to stay and that we would probably stay there again if we went over the weekend. I cannot speak for long term stays, but we enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: Try to get the odd numbered rooms if you are worried about noise, they are the ones on the opposite...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Fort Myers Central? Share your experiences!