“Great Value La Quinta” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Value La Quinta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and our two small children drove over to Fort Myers from West Palm Beach for our anniversary weekend to have a nice day at the beach, and we decided that we would just stay overnight rather than drive the 2.5 hours home the same day. I read some of the other reviews of this place while I was staying there and I can understand some of them, however, my experience was just fine. The hotel is in the city, roughly 20 minutes from the beach. It is a very "quick" 20 minutes though, and there are plenty of restaurants and other convenient places like WalMart close by.

This particular property is one of their value locations, as it was most likely a Motel 6 or something silimar before. It is a typical older motel style building with 2 stories and exterior doors rather than interior ones. The rooms themselves were average sized (not tiny but not terribly big) and the sink area was a decent size. I will agree with the reviewers who said that the bathroom itself is very tiny - if the door opened out or was a sliding door it wouldn't be so bad, but the door opening in was a terrible idea. The shower is full sized though, and the only issue was the door opening in.

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the check in process was quick and painless. The room was clean, well set up and well stocked. Earlier I said that they hotel is in the city so there is some noise the closer to the highway you are as well as on the side of the hotel where the restaurant next door is (Mel's) but overall it was pretty quiet, we thought. I did see some people who were probably living there and may have been those who previous reviewers described, but everyone kept to themselves and we never felt threatened or uncomfortable in any way whatsoever.

My only complaint is that the refrigerator did not work, it was plugged in and everything, but wasn't cold and had a really strange odor coming from it. It did appear clean, though, so who knows.

We did have a bit of a weird experience that I thought was worth mentioning. We went out to get dinner and when we came back, the TV was off when we left it on on purpose so that it appeared that someone was in the room. A washcloth was on the dresser that we did not recall putting there, but all of my jewelry, my laptop, and my SLR camera were stil where we left them and nothing else seemed out of place. I am not sure if perhaps someone working there came in or not, but if so, I would think that we should have been told about it. We meant to say something at check out but since nothing had been taken or moved, we actually both forgot about it until we got home that day.

All in all I would say it is a good place to stay and that we would probably stay there again if we went over the weekend. I cannot speak for long term stays, but we enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: Try to get the odd numbered rooms if you are worried about noise, they are the ones on the opposite...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I brought my family back to Ft. Myers to visit friends and we feel comfortable and safe at this location. This price is reasonable and if you're traveling with a pet, there's no fee at all. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2012
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Sanibel Island. The room was very clean, the king size bed was super comfy. Loved that Mel's diner was right next door; their breakfast was delicious. It was a very good value and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Fort Myers Central? Share your experiences!