“Quite nice....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Philadelphia
“Quite nice....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the upgraded look and feel of this Residence Inn. Very clean, friendly service, great breakfast included and spacious rooms. Something about a bright cheery colorful lobby and extra clean suite just sets the tone. The easy to get to north or south Fort Myers attractions. The restaurant in the shopping plaza next door Gator bites is awesome! We were quite pleased for the price and the space and drinks, snacks you could purchase on site. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We are silver Marriott status so we stayed on the 6th floor, seemed the nicest floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a fairly nice property but rooms are sort of small. I had a full kitchen with dishwasher, frig and stove top. They had a good assortment of kitchen tools and dishes/glasses, etc. The bath was nothing to write home about but the beds were comfy. There were no balconies as there are at the Courtyard across the highway and the front desk staff was just so so. Breakfast was fairly good for a free buffet arrangement.

Room Tip: Try for at least a one bedroom. It will be fairly small even though it's divided into a living...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
residenceinn2960, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for visiting the Residence Inn Fort Myers and providing the great feedback!

Each of our suites does have a queen sized bed and in cases where more space is needed we do offer two room suites with one queen sized bed in each room.
I personally invite you to give us another try during your next visit to Fort Myers. I would be happy to assist you in making your reservation and assuring that you have the room type and amenities that you need.

David McNeil
General manager
philadelphia area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Right off of I-75, this hotel makes it easy to travel up and down the coast quickly. Since we were not going for the beach but to see relatives in Naples, the national park in Bradenton and onto Busch Gardens in Tampa, it was a good choice.
It isn't the largest of hotels and the parking lot is small. The pool is right next to the lobby and parking lot so if you aren't comfortable showing off your suit, it won't be a good choice. The pool is heated and it was comfortable in mid-February. Definitely warmer than the air at 4 PM.
The municipal airport is close and the planes are constantly coming and going. My husband is a pilot so airnoise doesn't startle me but I can see how others would be nervous when it sounds like they are buzzing the hotel. Most private pilots avoid traveling at night and the airport is likely closed after 8 so the noise doesn't disturb your sleep.
Since the hotel is a on a main road, the choices for food are plentiful and the woman at check-in gave us a list of recommended restaurants. I double-checked them against tripadvisor and most reviewers agreed with the hotel choices.
We had a 2-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. I have 4 kids under 9 so I thought the kitchen would be useful...since we traveled around so much, we really only used the refridgerator. But it was nice to have the extra living room space. Our rooms and bathrooms were clean and I had no complaints about housekeeping...especially when one of our boys spilled something (after we told them no food in the bedrooms) and we had to have the sheets completely switched out.)
The breakfast choices were good and they switched the main entree every day. My husband got tired of it after 4 days but he's picky. The staff were good at keeping things stocked. They ran out of waffle mix one day and as soon as someone mentioned it, they hurried to remedy the problem.
The only problem I had was the breakfast room had no 4 person tables. And forget about finding a place for 6. I suppose I could have had my kids carry their food up to the room where we had a 4-person table but I couldn't see me having them carry their plates through the halls and elevator...that would land me in the DSM-V for certain. So if I could change anything, it would be the breakfast room. When the place caters to families, it's odd that they can't sit together. I saw a lot of multi-generational groups that were slightly irritated.
I have to mention that the 2-bedroom suite also had 2 queen beds. Since it was for a family, I thought it would be better with 2 double beds in one and a king or queen in the other. Our queen bed seemed a little small and we had an endless amount of pillows. The pillows were so fluffy that I got a neck crick from them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Darien, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is next to a small airport (not Ft. Myers International) with small planes landing and taking off just a few hundred yards away.

Room quality is average and below those that we stayed in other areas. Hotel allows dogs, so there is a slight odor.

The noise will startle you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting and sharing your feedback. We have completed a renovation just a few years ago with a design that is very consistent with are portfolio of high quality Residence Inns. You also mentioned the Airport that is located just a few minutes away. I did want to mention that the airport does cease daily operations at 9pm. I invite you to give us another try during your next visit to Fort Myers. I would be happy to assist you in making your reservation and assuring that you have the room type and amenities that you need.

David McNeil
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed there for a work week, and was provided a very clean studio type apartment. Comfortable bed and pillows, clean kitchen and full size refrigerator, were all pleasant plusses. Every morning a full breakfast with a decent array of choices were available. There was also a pool and jacuzzi, but I did not have the time to enjoy. The hotel seems to be in the path of perhaps a smaller airport, but nonetheless the hotel was very quiet. The staff was also friendly and helpful. My only complaint was an internet system that strangely was reasonably fast in the room, but PAINFULLY slow in the main area, in order to print itineraries, etc.

Room Tip: Try to avoid use of their "business center" unless absolutely necessary. Very slow.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The staff at this hotel are very nice and very accomodating. When I was there they offered fresh strawberries and blueberries with breakfast and a larger variety of items than I have seen in most of the Residence Inns. This is one of the few places, that actually make sure that you get the added towels and pillows you request and tthey have the icemaker turned on---so no wait.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had a wonderful experience in this hotel. Our room was ready, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly, happy and helpful. We had just arrived from the Residence in Sanibel which was disappointing to say the least. The difference here was phenomenal.

Room Tip: 3rd floor very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers? Share your experiences!