“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Ft. Myers

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Travelodge Ft. Myers
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4760 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33907 (Formerly Ramada Limited - Fort Myers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #43 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week when we were attending a funeral. Unfortunately, I made reservations and could not cancel, or I would have after seeing this place. I have nothing nice to say about this hotel except location, there are plenty of things to do and resteraunts near by. The staff was rude, the cleaning service was awful, they did not clean our room twice, and we had to call the front desk saying we needed towels, toliet paper etc. Small rooms, small television with only six channels and the wi-fi was in and out, there is also no elevator, so you have to walk upstairs. I will never stay in a Travelodge again.

• Stayed March 2013

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The outside of the hotel look presentable. It was close to where I was working and thought it would be convenient an was saving. Yeah right!!
The front desk person was very friendly and answered all my questions (to his knowledge). I get the keys to the room and the door doesn't open after the light go green (as in open the door now). Went back to front desk to ask about that and he told me I had to pull the knob up instead of down for the door to open. Go figure, the secret knob jiggle.
The hall way to get to the room was wide but it felt like a walked into a 1980's horror film. I just wanted to get into the room.
I open the door and there is a smell of mold, old, and a scent covering it. Not good. I unfold the sheets to the bed and there is blood stains on both bed sheets!! What?!?! Since I could not get my refund for the night I went to Walmart to but some bed sheets to sleep on the bed that night.
I get up the following cold cold morning and find out there is no hot water. I had to do the towel bath. Not fun and not nice.
Glad to say I left as fast as possible to work and then checked myself into a better hotel.
Please don't go cheep on your hotel. This will happen.

• Stayed March 2013
Versailles, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed one night only, receptionist was very nice and he let us check in much earlier then check in time. Room was very comfortable but only way to get there was through the lobby doesn’t matter which door you are getting in, and some suspicious people were hanging out by reception when we came back that night!
Breakfast was served 6:30am to 9:30am sharp! It was really sad to see four people coming from back room and grabbing everything left from breakfast promptly at 9:30am, they were taking food in front of outstretched hand of their guests, looked almost like slapping your hand because you didn’t get there in time! I was shocked looking at that, looked like kindergarten punishment? I had to laugh, it was like cartoon movie you are watching, it was a shame for them to act like that, you would expect more flexibility for your guests!

Room Tip: Make sure to have early breakfast or you will stay hungry!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dania Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Although it’s not the most luxurious hotel in the area, I was stuck in town on business with an unexpected stay overnight late in the day. Usually I plan ahead, but I was stuck with no reservations and apparently spring break really hits the prices here pretty well in Fort Myers. My usual hotels were well above my company’s spending limit. This was the best deal I could find with decent enough reviews on such short notice.

First I have to say that my room was clean and I felt safe and secure once I arrived. Out of the few hotels in the immediate vicinity I chose this one mainly because it was the only one with the doors inside the hotel, not on the exterior which again adds a bit of comfort and security for me. The desk staff at check in and check out were very friendly and outgoing.

The hotel is definitely outdated, but it’s a budget level hotel, so with that said it’s not bad. It does have that “musty” older hotel smell, but it wasn’t horrible, at least in my room. It had a mini fridge and microwave which was convenient although I didn’t need them this time. The TV and furnishings were old, but still functional. The tub/shower actually looked more recent than the room and was pretty current as far as decor. The other guests were courteous from what I saw and again made me feel more comfortable staying at a place I wouldn’t have chosen first on my list. If I ever had a tough situation being in the area and needing a place to stay I’d feel ok staying here again, but I wouldn’t plan a weekend getaway with my wife here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stay at this hotel atleast 6 times over the past 8 months.
We ask for and recieve our same room for each stay.

The value is wonderful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Ft. Myers? Share your experiences!