“I have not been this comfortable for a night out in forever” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
fort myers
“I have not been this comfortable for a night out in forever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Every time I go to fort Myers, I am only satisfied at one place and that's Crowne Plaza. Service is too nice, the bar is awesome and the beds are 100% more comfortable than mine at home and I paid a lot for my bed. I can not be more honest with you, if you don't stay at Crowne Plaza then you are guaranteed nothing. Then, on sunday morning prior to leaving I went to have their buffet, which I thought would be a typical buffet, wow was i wrong (dynamite). Thanks again to everyone a Crowne Plaza for making me so comfortable and I can't wait to get back to Fort Myers

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Thank you for your kind review and we are delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays at our hotel. At Crowne Plaza we take great pride in our sleep system that helps ensure a restful sleep and we are pleased you have found this to be true. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I will be certain to share your remarks with our entire team. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon.

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

This was a very nice hotel. I will agree with previous posts that we also had a wet mildew smell in our rooms. One other thing is the water took a while to heat up. We had to run the water about 5-10 minutes to get water warm enough to step in the shower. It did get nice and hot about mid shower though. That is it on the negative. Now onto the postive, which far out weighed the negative. They have incredible shopping in the area and a really nice movie theater. The pool area is beautiful. Most of all the customer service was OUTSTANDING! Everyone was so pleasant and helpful during our stay. We really enjoyed meeting everyone there. We would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again ourselves.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hotel here at the Bell Tower Shops. During the peak of summer rainy season here SW Florida we do sometimes experience some issues with dampness which we work to overcome. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our dedicated staff and we all hope to see you again soon.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I am an attorney and I seem to end up traveling to F.t Myers to litigate a lot of cases. I have found this place to be such a great hotel in the 2yrs I have gone back and forth here. I have stayed here about 6 times and only had one mediocre experience when I was in a room with a bad tv/cable connection. I have had the opportunity to be treated kindly, find ample parking and have had a great and cheap breakfast buffet. No complaints. You get a great deal for relatively modest costs. Thanks Crowne Plaza. Also its right next tot the Bell Tower Plaza shopping mall and theaters, good stuff!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
On behalf of our entire team here at the Crowne Plaza thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind remarks will be shared with our team as we continue to strive to make every guest stay an enjoyable experience that will persuade you to return. Once again, thank you for letting us know how we are doing and I hope we will see you back again soon.
South Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I chose to stay here because of the Crowne Plaza reputation as well as the great recent reviews on tripadvisor.com. After my stay, I'm not sure I stayed at the same hotel as the most recent reviewers.

My husband and I arrived late on a Friday evening and were given a room on the second floor. The first thing I noticed when we got in the room was the humidity and dank, musty, dusty smell. The A/C unit was dirty and loud and made a loud whoomp each time it started up. The bathroom was very dusty.

The next day we left the room early, around 7:30, and I noticed the hallway was quite dirty and there were even some pieces of pastry and frosting by a room. When I got back to the room around 4 p.m., those pieces of food were still in the hallway.

The dampness never got better and we were starting to get stuffy, so we requested to be transferred to a new room. The staff was very helpful and quickly moved us to another room on the fourth floor. The room was indeed less humid, but still smelled quite musty. Again, there was lots of dust and even some cobwebs in the curtains. The final straw were the globs of a sticky purple substance my husband found on a water glass as he filled it to get a drink. Needless to say, we left early the next morning.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
Thank you for the information concerning your stay and on behalf of are entire Crowne Plaza team we apologize for the problems you experienced. Please be assured we will be addressing the housekeeping concerns with the appropriate members of our team. We know that your feedback is very important to our success and we value hearing both the positive and negative experiences of our guests.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Excellent Service. I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza for Business for a few months. The staff does nothing but an excellent job and meeting my needs. They really go a step ahead to make you feel at home.
Thanks for an excellent service,

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We had already stayed at this hotel before so decided it would be ideal for a night following a shopping trip and visit to the Barabran Mann Theatre. As Priority Club Members we were given a room on the Executive Floor which is very quiet. We ate at an excellent French Vietnamese restaurant just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
The beds are some of the most comfortable hotel beds I have stayed in - with crisp clean sheets, dark curtains and complimentary lavendar spray and a CD of sleep inducing musice it would have been difficult not to have a good night's sleep. There is also a complimentary continental breakfast served for guests on this floor.
Once again very good value and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife and I were looking for a quick one night getaway and the Crowne Plaza Bell Tower fit the bill perfectly. It's located in the "newer" area of Fort Myers, with plenty of shopping, dining, and nightlife all within walking distance. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well kept. After we were quickly checked in, my wife opted for shopping, while I spent a leisurely afternoon at the pool. Though there are a number of dining outlets in the shops across the street, we chose to try out Shoeless Joe's at the hotel. The food was delicious and hot, and served in a timely manner. We then decided to take in a movie at the theatre right next door. We're not normally ones for walking at night, but we felt very safe in this area. The next morning we ordered room service for breakfast. Once again, the food was great. The entire staff was gracious and made us feel "at home." We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops? Share your experiences!