“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ingersoll, Canada
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 2 nights in February 2013. We are priority club members so were able to use the Club Level and enjoy appetizers and drinks before dinner. Stacey on the club level was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed chatting with her about the local area and she was very knowledgeable. The room was very clean and roomy, location was great, close to Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach, shopping and restaurants. Thanks Stacey! Hope your daughter is doing well in school - your Canadian friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Pamela C,
It is always a pleasure to receive such a nice review concerning our staff and hotel from our friends from Canada. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and that the location worked so well for your visit here. We will pass along your kind words to Stacey and we hope you will be back again soon. Thanks!

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and I have to say they really impressed me! The hotel goes above and beyond to make sure your expectations are met and it is so clean and beautiful. The hotel is conveniently placed within a beautiful shopping and restaurant area. They have a beautiful pool area with a beautiful waterfall. The pool area is so clean and the furniture is new and they had a cooler with cold water bottles for all the guests in the hotel. They also had a beautiful pent house floor which only guest could access with a great breakfast in the morning. The rooms were very clean and came with a fridge, microwave and a coffee pot. The beds were clean and the furniture was very up to date. I loved it so much. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they fulfilled all requests that were asked of them.

Room Tip: I would say to choose the rooms on the 2nd floor and above because of the meetings in the morning it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Samanta R,
We really appreciate your taking the time to complete such a wonderful review on the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. Our staff really is dedicated to making every guest experience positive and special. It was great hearing you enjoyed so many of our amenities including the garden pool, Club Floor and the numerous shops and restaurants we have within walking distance. Thank you again and please come back again soon.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here due to the fact that it's a 5 minute drive from the Barbara Mann Center for the Performing Arts. It's also right across from a shopping mall, which is convenient. The staff was friendly and my room seemed clean, but the facilities are very, very old. The toilet looked super old, the doors around the room was scratched and also very old, and everything just seemed dated and like it had been there for a century. I seriously felt like I had stepped back in time. I believe the room WAS clean, but at times it didn't seem that way because everything had such an "old" look to it. I've stayed at several Crowne Plaza's, but this one was not the nicest. It had a very "motel" feel to it rather than a hotel.

It's interesting to me that others have said the same thing about the water. It WAS extremely hot. Scalding, in fact. I nearly burned myself. Painful!

Also, I agree about the air conditioning comments. It was loud. Luckily, I always travel with earplugs, so those helped, but even with the earplugs, I could still hear it! There was also some sort of rumbling noise. It might have been the air also, or it could have been the soda machine down the hall. Not sure. I did get a good night sleep, but if I hadn't had my earplugs I would have been out of luck.

All in all, I would stay here again if I was in a bind, but it wouldn't be a first choice. It just really, really needs an update and it's a little too noisy. For the price, it needs an update.

That being said, the staff was friendly and my room did seem reasonably clean. Plus, the parking was free. That's why I'm giving it three stars.

Room Tip: Away from Elevators, away from pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear EmLoves CW,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and our apologies that your stay was anything less than completely enjoyable. It was nice to hear you enjoyed our staff, cleanliness and service. The hotel will be undergoing several improvements this coming summer that will address many of your concerns about the older look of our hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring byou back our way. Thank you again for having been our guest.
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very conveniently located next to the Shops at Bell Tower. Although the service was friendly and the hotel seemed clean, the facilities themselves need a major update. I arrived early and was able to check in early.
The rooms are large and there were lots of amenities in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.
The air conditioning was quite loud and for the first night would wake me up every time it went on.
The water in the bathroom was very very hot.
The buffet breakfast was 10.95. It lacked a lot of items, but at the price i have no complaints.
The pool area was nice, and the pool was clean. The fitness room had modern equipment.

I might choose to stay here again, but it would really be nice to see a general update to the property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BD007,
We thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and it was nice to hear you found our location convenient and our staff to be so friendly. Many guests do love our location here at the Bell Tower Shops. We will be undergoing some improvements to our property this summer to give us a refreshed look and we hope to see you back for another opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my third time to stay at this hotel in 4 years. I work for SW Airlines. I don't get to fort Myers very often. His time I went to the 5th floor priority lounge for the 5pm free snacks. Brooke the bartender did a great job helping us and tending to the good food being served. Then at 8pm, milk and cookies were served. They were better than moms!! Overall another great experience at the crowne!! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Swajoe,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We really appreciate your input and we are delighted you enjoyed you stay with us. We LUV our SWA travel partners and look forward to many happy returns. We will also give Brooke a pat on the back for her efforts. Until the next time... safe travels and thanks again.
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

One of the most comfortable hotel beds ever. Great pillows (but instead of four standard they really should have four king or six standard on a king sized bed) and crisp sheets. The bath towels were large and fluffy. The room was in good order and generally clean. Magnifying mirror in bathroom was a welcome touch. The group rate was more than reasonable for the accommodation quality.

The bad:

The hot water is scalding. There is no reason for it to be as hot as it was. I didn't realize how hot it would come out and burned my hand turning on the tub at only halfway between hot and cold the first day.

The room is dark. Even with every light on, it's dark. The little light by the coffee maker in the entryway area isn't sufficient to see your suitcase in the closet.

My room was over the pool, and I could hear children screeching from 8:00 am until after 11:00 each night.

The A/C was loud.

The bathroom floor really needed to be mopped.

All in all a good stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I were in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the pool or the bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Lovescabs,
We thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and my staff and I were happy to hear you found our beds comfortable and that you felt your stay was such a good value. All our rooms have the magnifying mirror and we even have specially equipped rooms for female travelers. I will be looking into the concerns you had about the hot water being too hot, this is the first I have heard of that. Later this summer we will be undergoing some property improvements that should make your future stays even more enjoyable. We look forward to having you back again soon. Thank you.
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just stayed at Crowne Plaza, Ft. Myers at Bell Tower Shops, over the weekend, and I have to say it was very nice and clean. The outdoor pool is private (not to mention very pretty) and the location is nice. It is next to a movie theater and of course LOTS of great shopping!
The room itself was a comfortable size with a nice tv. Even with a dresser, 2 queen beds, nightstand, floorlamp, a tv, as well as a desk and a chair, we had plenty of room to walk around; it wasn't cramped at all.
Our room had a mini fridge (nice size, larger than I expected) and the beds were comfortable. The pillow was super fluffy and hurt my neck, I'm not used to pillows that large. So just a warning--if you don't like super thick pillows, bring your own :)
There was an unexplained hole behind the toilet (?). I didn't ask or complain about it; seemed harmless. Bathroom was modern, looked very clean. Water was very hot! Only had to barely turn the water on to get it comfortable for a shower.
If you're there for the location; I'd say it's worth it, and recommend it! Not too far from the beach either :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Jenna D,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. It was nice to hear you enjoyed our location and found our accommodations clean and well kept. We are also happy to know you found time to enjoy our pool area and found that enjoyable too. We do hope your travels will bring you back our way again soon. We have some improvements in store for this summer that will give our guests an even better experience.
Thanks again!

Been to Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops? Share your experiences!