My husband and I vacation on Captiva Island, Florida for two weeks each March. We have developed a ritual where we spend the first day of our stay at The Crowne Plaza at Bell Tower Shops before venturing out on the islands. We do so for a number of reasons.
First, the hotel is very nice and has great amenities. It has a great location, an easy drive from Ft. Myers airport and well situated to access Ft. Myers businesses and restaurants. It is literally adjacent to the Bell Tower Shops, a lovely open air shopping center south of downtown Fort Myers. We always stay on the concierge level (fifth floor) and are treated to a quiet environment, complimentary appetizers and happy hour priced cocktails, fruit and pastries in the AM and a large and very comfortable room. To us, this is the perfect "way station" before battling the traffic out to the islands and beginning the siege of "island prices".
Second, since we generally arrive during the day, it makes no sense to drive out to the islands and spend a hefty hotel fee on an abbreviated first day.
Third, we enjoy shopping at Bell Tower. Lots of great stores and restaurants. Everything from a Sak's Fifth Avenue to a William Sonoma. The restaurants offer great variety -- sushi to seafood to pizza to fine dining. There is also a multi-plex theater for those interested in catching a movie.
Fourth, we can get up early (or late) the next morning, pick up a few groceries at Publix, and head out to Sanibel Island before the traffic starts to back up at the causeway.
Fifth, let us say again that Crowne Plaza is a very nice accommodation, with friendly and helpful staff and nice rooms. Who knows? Maybe one of these years we'll entirely forget about staying on the island and just call Crowne Plaza home!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Hotel Fort Myers
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is adjacent to the Bell Tower Shops where you are at the heart of Fort Myers best upscale shopping, dining and entertainment. The hotel offers free WI-FI, newly updated fitness center, free business center, female traveler rooms and upgraded Club Floor. The Crowne Plaza location is central to Fort Myers, Cape Coral (5 mi), Naples (15 mi)and the beaches of Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva Islands (9 mi). The Bell Tower shops is anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue and includes such stores as Ann Taylor, Chico s, Banana Republic, GAP, Victoria s Secret, Bath and Body Works and Jos A Banks and Touch Salon and Spa. Enjoy dining at one of the many unique flavors that the Bell Tower Shops offers such as Cru, Bistro 41, World of Beer, Blue Pointe Oyster Bar, T.G.I Fridays and Cantina Laredo. While in Fort Myers, visit the Thomas Edison/Henry Ford Winter Estates. The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is located near the Boston Red Sox(JetBlue Park) & Minnesota Twins (Lee County Sports Complex) Spring Training facilities. Shoeless Joe's Sports bar located in the hotel is the best place to watch a game, and enjoy family fun and great food. We offer a variety of golf packages featuring several nearby championship golf courses as well as many other leisure packages. A club level offers extra privacy and comfort. With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space our meeting planners and culinary team can handle all your meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.