First of all I want to mention that this hotel could easily get a 5-star rating because of its perfect location (lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance), wonderful service (Priority Club floor with evening snacks and 2for1 drinks, friendly staff, ...) and breathtaking lobby.
The only reason for a 4-star rating was the room - first the pros:
clean, quite spacious, nice flat tv and we had a nice pool view.
cons: the a/c was very loud and the whole carpet around it was soaking wet. The carpet was pretty worn (but not dirty) and the furniture was not up do date. The bathroom was quite small.
This was our first stay at a Crowne Plaza and we expected to get an up to date (especially the a/c) and modern looking room.
The pool area was very nice and quite big (unfortunately we had no time to take a swim, but next time we will have time for sure).
We especially liked the lobby: very spacious and well appointed - there's even a piano in the middle of it.
We had breakfast at the restaurant onsite (Shoeless Joe's): moderately priced, lots of choices and very good - keep it up guys!
All in all a very good experience at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers - if they would update their rooms (in particular the a/c) this hotel would be one of a kind !
We will definitely come back, due to the location, service and amenities !!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Hotel Fort Myers
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is adjacent to the Bell Tower Shops where you are at the heart of Fort Myers best upscale shopping, dining and entertainment. The hotel offers free WI-FI, newly updated fitness center, free business center, female traveler rooms and upgraded Club Floor. The Crowne Plaza location is central to Fort Myers, Cape Coral (5 mi), Naples (15 mi)and the beaches of Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva Islands (9 mi). The Bell Tower shops is anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue and includes such stores as Ann Taylor, Chico s, Banana Republic, GAP, Victoria s Secret, Bath and Body Works and Jos A Banks and Touch Salon and Spa. Enjoy dining at one of the many unique flavors that the Bell Tower Shops offers such as Cru, Bistro 41, World of Beer, Blue Pointe Oyster Bar, T.G.I Fridays and Cantina Laredo. While in Fort Myers, visit the Thomas Edison/Henry Ford Winter Estates. The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is located near the Boston Red Sox(JetBlue Park) & Minnesota Twins (Lee County Sports Complex) Spring Training facilities. Shoeless Joe's Sports bar located in the hotel is the best place to watch a game, and enjoy family fun and great food. We offer a variety of golf packages featuring several nearby championship golf courses as well as many other leisure packages. A club level offers extra privacy and comfort. With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space our meeting planners and culinary team can handle all your meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.