“Alright” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11501 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33907 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room was alright, clean, also had a fridge.

I made the reservation by phone and gave my credit card details, and expected that the room would be pre-paid, that, however, wasn't the case and I was asked to pay the room there. This wasn't really a problem, just something unexpected, and strange that they didn't know how their reservation system worked, when I asked them.

Another curious surprise was when we arrived at 11 PM and had to pay an extra 1$ for the safe. Also not a big deal, but it was strange, as there was really no way we could/would have a reason to use it, as we only stayed the night, and left early in the morning.

But as mentioned, no objections to the room, and there was also breakfast, which was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
abvifortmyers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The front desk agent received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

• Thank you for your valuable feedback for breakfast and room.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

At stayed at this location for five days during October 2012. I did a great deal of research and price shopping before booking this property. I am so glad that i stayed here. The employees were fantastic, the room was great, this property was very, very clean and I felt perfectly safe here. This was by far the best value in the Fort Myers area with an unbeatable price. I will definitely stay here again in the future. Great job guys and keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Berkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at ABVI for 1 night. When we arrived we and tried to pay, we were told that our Debit Card had been declined so we had to pay cash. However, when we got to our room we made a very lengthy call to our bank the UK (which isn't cheap) only to eventually be told that our card was fine and that no attempt had been made to process a payment of any kind that day!! So maybe some technical training would be a good idea so that everyone knows how to process a payment!

We were given room 106. The room was large and well decorated and fairly clean. However, the smell of mould was overpowering and actually made me feel physically sick. The bathroom had spots if mould on the ceiling and it looked like they had just painted over previous growths. The shower curtain had mould patches on it and the door frame was filthy.
The main problem with this place was that everything felt wet due to the damp,so much so that you stuck to the sheets in the night!
The shower was powerful (once I got it working properly) but heavily calcified and the extractor fan was just not powerful enough. The vanity unit was outside of the bathroom and when I took a shower (with the door closed and fan on) the mirror outside steamed up and the vanity unit was dripping with moisture.
There was also an unsightly stain on the sheets and a cigarette burn in the comforter ( in a non smoking room!) but I didn't see that until I had pulled the blankets off to sleep and it was gone midnight by then.
Breakfast was OK - nothing to shout home about.
It really is a shame, because with some investment, instead of painting over the underlying issues, these could be really nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2012
abvifortmyers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with necessary amenities before being released as ready for occupancy.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Port St L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The rooms were great, everything was clean and fresh. the staff was was amazing. The rooms have a homely appeal, will stay again in the future. The location was superb,close to resturants ,shopping and the Edison Mall.The layout of the property is good and its cleaned inside and out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

we had a great stay here at this hotel. the staff and management was great and it was very clean and quiet.The rooms were very nicely decorated and maintained and the breakfast was good too. It was a great location to just about anything you could want food, work, shopping whatever it's all there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Perfect location. Close to everything, just few minutes from Fort Myers Beach. Excellent management, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms. I truly recommend this hotel, is the place to stay for family, couples or business trip. Great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights en route to Miami. I had read reviews about the hotel, particularly the smell of mould in the rooms, but decided to chance it.

The hotel was easy to find and located along a strip with plenty of restaurants and shops on it. The receptionist was welcoming.

The room looked just like it did in the photos - bit it did smell a little of mould. With this in mind I had taken a room spray - but I quickly tracked the source of some of the smell to the shower curtain. A shame, as a quick wash with bleach would resolve this.

I think the hotel are aware of the problem and there was evidence when we were there that they were trying to fix it. We just propped the door open any time we were in he room and used the spray and it was all good.

I paid under £40 a night for this room and considered it value for money - despite the smell. The pool area was really nice and my partner was able to walk next door to the sports bar to watch football. There was a small guest laundry and also a typical breakfast with cereal, toast, boiled eggs and pastries.

It was about a 15 minute drive to Fort Myers beach - which was really nice. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if you have heavy bags ask for a ground floor room.