“Overall, an enjoyable experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11501 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33907 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Glasgow
“Overall, an enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights en route to Miami. I had read reviews about the hotel, particularly the smell of mould in the rooms, but decided to chance it.

The hotel was easy to find and located along a strip with plenty of restaurants and shops on it. The receptionist was welcoming.

The room looked just like it did in the photos - bit it did smell a little of mould. With this in mind I had taken a room spray - but I quickly tracked the source of some of the smell to the shower curtain. A shame, as a quick wash with bleach would resolve this.

I think the hotel are aware of the problem and there was evidence when we were there that they were trying to fix it. We just propped the door open any time we were in he room and used the spray and it was all good.

I paid under £40 a night for this room and considered it value for money - despite the smell. The pool area was really nice and my partner was able to walk next door to the sports bar to watch football. There was a small guest laundry and also a typical breakfast with cereal, toast, boiled eggs and pastries.

It was about a 15 minute drive to Fort Myers beach - which was really nice. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if you have heavy bags ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a nice quaint, med size motel, with nice rooms, great management and freindly help. This was my wifes 1st visit to the area it was so nice for her that we are going back, to same motel in Nov.. I recommend this place for those couples that like a quite place, close to all major attractions around Fort Myers and all at a great price

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the north side near the back.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Good value to stay for a night. Just what we expected for the money.

• Stayed July 2012
Cambridge, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I paid $35.00 a night for 6 nights on my vacation last week. They have a pool, continental breakfast, ( hard boiled eggs, cereal, waffles ( and waffle makers), fruit and toast) your typical breakfast. Your room gets cleaned daily and they have a friendly staff. The main lady that sits behind the counter has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met and will go out of her way to help you out. The rooms are EXTREMELY clean and its just an overall GREAT DEAL!! Only 11 or so miles from Ft. Myers beach and is surrounded by a bunch of different restraunts. Check this out!!

Room Tip: Top Floor!! room 232! ;)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights on a state-wide road trip. I had done my research before we left and knew that this chain of motels is inexpensive but also seems to have a reputation as being 'America's Best Value Inn,' and it truly does. This particular site had comfortable beds (hubby is very picky about the beds), a fan in the bathroom, and it looks like it was recently remodeled when we arrived back in March. We didn't visit the pool area or the breakfast, but it did look suitable and clean. There is a sports bar right next door (the sign claims it is 'world famous,' but we never heard of it) with pool tables, shuffleboard (with the pucks), a dance area, outdoor seating, and they also have a full and take out menu. There was a live band there the nights we wandered over, as well as a DJ inside, but I don't recall hearing the band from our room, which faced the place. They even have a claw machine to pick your own lobster; I believe that if you caught one, they would prepare it for free for you.

On the whole, our room was clean, comfortable, and priced very reasonably. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I made a reservation, got lost, calls were made for me from another hotel to get directions. Five calls were made nobody had a reservation in our name. The confirmation number didn't match. Three of the calls made no reservations in our name, confirmation didn't match & had no availability. I was overcharged, accused of a no show, and had to arrive at our destination a day early because of their ineptness. They would not reply to my emails only to send me a receipt so now it is in the hands of investigators.
I later found out the right phone number was called, the right confirmation was given, but the wrong email address was on the receipt they sent me. They read it back to me correctly.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL! After the reviews I have seen on this hotel confirm it. We had found it in a coupon book, it was close by our destination was the reason for selecting it. I will be more careful in future. I never had to tolerate this treatment in all my years of traveling.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
abvifortmyers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about the mixup which you had to endure.

• Management was approached about setting up some sort of system that would put a special double check on everything and hopefully prevent this sort of thing from happening.again, to you or anyone else.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

After some troubling experience with previous motels, I was really worried about staying in this one as it was the cheapest on our trip. But I was pleasantly surprised. We had a very warm welcome at the reception and - what is most important for me - our room was very clean and decent looking.The standard of the room and amenities are - I would say - typical for an American motel. If you are looking for that, I can recommend this motel as good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!