“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 650 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Buckingham, ia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I try to avoid national chains while on vacation but today my wife and I had lunch at this restaurant because we were hungry for BBQ and Trip Advisor recommended it. It was very good and I would recommend this restaurant in Fort Myers to anyone looking for great service and great food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, Florida
“Easily the best BBQ in Fort Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Never had a bad meal or bad service. Tuesday they have the family meal for $22 you cant make it for that. also the happy hour is great. if you cant go there order out it is just as good. If you like briscket it is the best thing on the menu which is saying a lot because the ribs are awesome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abbotsford, Canada
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had dinner here with friends. My husband and 1 of our friends had the baby back ribs. They were delicious. They were nice and meaty and very tender. I had the roast chicken and the breast meat was very dry. Our waiter was very good about substituting dark meat for the white meat. Our friend had the barbecued chicken and he also said that the white meat was very dry. Stay away from the chicken unless you like dry overcooked meat. I had wine. The happy hour price is supposed to by 2 for 1. They gave me 1 glass of wine to start and after I finished that wine they gave me the second glass. After dinner my friend said "At happy hour aren't they supposed to give you 2 glasses of wine for the price of 1". I said that yes that's what I got at which point she pointed out that the first glass was twice the size of the second glass. If you order wine during happy hour - beware. Check the size of your wine glass to be sure you're getting the same amount of wine both times. For dessert we shared a pecan pie between the 4 of us. It was a large piece of pie and I must admit it was 1 of the best pecan pies that I've had.

Food was good but I don't know that I'd rush back. The dry chicken was 1 factor but switching the size of the wine glass is a very deceptive practice.

Visited January 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Pig out at Famous Dave's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Sweet hubby loves good barbeque, which is hard to find in Tampa Bay. We first discovered Famous Dave's on a trip to Knoxville. So when one opened in our area, we were thrilled! Then upset when several weeks later we found it closed. When planning our Ft Myers trip, we found Famous Dave's near our hotel. Yeah. We were not disappointed. We decided to have lunch there so we could enjoy our leftovers later. Hubby ordered the combo - a third rack of ribs with spicy sausage, Cole slaw and potato salad. I am a brisket babe, with corn and garlic mashed. His plate was loaded with four large, meaty ribs and huge perfectly barbequed smoked sausage. Even with a good appetite, he could only finish half of his meal. Beef brisket, sliced not pulled, can be tricky to pull over. Overcook and your sneaker tastes better. Too much fat and you use your napkin to mop the grease off of your tongue. This was awesome. Fork tender with a small amount of fat and sliced thin. All the side dishes were good and a reasonable portion.
To introduce you to their different sauces, the server brings a cup of their house BBQ chips, puts a smear of sauce on a plate, and explained each one. Much nicer than using your finger to sample each sauce. Chips were awesome too. Too full for desserts. I should have done what the table next to us did. They ordered dessert first, then the meal. It was their special bread pudding. Next time, pecan pie will be the appetizer. Our leftovers tasted wonderful later in the evening. Need to find a reason to go back to Ft. Myers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“If you like good barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The service was friendly and fast, the prices were good. Most of all, the food was really good. Had the ribs and the pulled pork dinner. The sides; beans, cole slaw and mac n' cheese, all had a little heat to them and were all very tasty. Good selection of barbeque, burgers, even a few salads thrown in. The outdoor seating gives you a view of US 41, but it is still pleasant. Indoors is large, an needs to be, as it can be quite busy. Good place to take the kids too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere