“Great ribs!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 641 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Punta Gorda
“Great ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We first started going to Famous Dave's when we lived in the metro DC area, and were happy to get a Famous Dave's in Fort Myers. The food is good and their bread pudding is to die for! Try it!

Visited June 2012

Fort Myers, Florida
“Hands down, the best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Full disclosure-- I love BBQ! I think it should be its own food group. I've tried them all in Fort Myers and wherever I visit such as Texas, NC, SC, GA. I've been to BBQ cook offs, BBQ festivals, etc. After all that, I still prefer Famous Dave's. Plus their corn muffin and mac and cheese are to die for. Try it. You won't regret it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“2 for 1 Stella!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Awesome 2 for 1 on all the drafts including stella. We were able to sit outside with our dogs. The food was good, the service was fair. We are excited they are opening one closer to our house.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coconut Creek, Florida
“THIS PLACE IS GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wow! I've been traveling to Fort Myers on business frequently over the past 7 years. I love BBQ but get in the habit to always going to the same place. I won't name the place I tend to visit each time I'm there but it's named after a football player. I thought they had good BBQ. By happen chance I was rushed for lunch and had heard reviews about Famous Dave's through Tripadvisor so I decided to try it. If it's not the best BBQ I've ever had it's as good as any BBQ I've ever had. Dave's BBQ sauces are all incredible. Needless to say, the next time I'm in Fort Myers I'll have dinner there when I'm not in a hurry. Highly Reccomend!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Whoo weee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I finally went to Famous Dave's Barbecue today and loved it. The ribs are great, the brisket is wonderful, the corn is just right, the cornbread is great, the mac'n cheese is spicy, the coleslaw is sweet and we had a bunch of leftovers. The sweet tea wasn't very sweet but that was the least of my concerns. The bar area is a lil loud but there is another section of the restaurant to sit at. I'm so glad my father-in-law told us to eat here.

• Visited October 2012