“Wonderful view, attentive waitress” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Florida
“Wonderful view, attentive waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We frequently have lunch at this Three Fisherman and never have been disappointed. Our last visit was during a regatta and the parking lot was filled to overflowing with boat trailers, etc. We were not to be dissuaded and managed to find a parking spot.

Our waitress, Shelly, was very knowledgeable about the menu and quite helpful. I normally have fried oysters, and my husband ordered scallops. She mentioned that they had only received 15 lbs. of scallops and that encouraged me to change my original order to a combo of scallops and oysters. Delicious!

The only negative we had is that the hostess didn't seem to want to be there; no smile, no friendly greeting, just dropped our menus on the table and walked away. However, Shelly more than made up for the hostess's lack of personality.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“SMOKED MULLET”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I love it and this is one of the very few places that has it. Hooray! It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was good. They smoke it themselves here. We had it as an appetizer.

The rest of our meal was very good as well. I don't know what took us so long to "discover" this place. It's certainly one of the best seafood joints around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fort myers
“Great food two locations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I read the tripadvisor reviews often, and relized that some reviews for this location are actually for their north store location. If you have eaten at both locations, you would know. The north store is located on the water, and the south store is in sams club plaza, both are excellent, but I prefer the south store. I have never had a bad meal at the south store or bad service, the north store has a lot more staff and can be a bit noisy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda Isles, Florida, United States
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have-never left a review before as a negative. We expected to have a great seafood lunch. No so.... The portion was small and very expensive. The calamari appetizer was about a cup full, not enought to share ($8). The scallops were cut up on a skewer to look like more, and the cole slaw was tasteless. The fish taco platter was two small tacos with a tiny piece of fish, very disappointing and unappetizing. We came home hungry and vowed never to go there again. The worse lunch we have ever had. Save your money. The view is the only plus about the visit.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“Great view, Average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We decided to try this place because of it's location on the water. when we arrived it seemed as if they were short staffed and had a waiting time of about 25 minutes to be seated. We didn't mind the wait. once seated the view of the water was quite nice and prepared our selves for a great evening. My wife asked if they served pina colada's which they did and my young adult children ordered soft drinks and a draft beer for myself. our server then delivered our drinks then took our order. she served us a basket of crackers with a fish dip made of sour cream and my guess would be some type of smoked fish. thought that was different from our usual fresh baked bread rolls and butter at other food establishments. (it was different and just ok) we have tried other fish dips that are much better. when my wife's pina colada arrived we noticed it didn't have that nice creamy yellow color but did have a tint of orange. when she tasted the pina colada that's exactly what it tasted like. some type of orange cream drink. we waited for our food I ordered the stuffed flounder and my wife and daughter ordered the new York strip. (I still don't understand why anyone would go to a fish place to order steak) my son ordered chicken strips. The food did arrive however not all at the same time. I received all my food so did my other two children but, there was a delay with my wife's steak and was served only her baked potato and coleslaw. the manager however did apologize and offer her a free desert for the mix up. once she received her food there really was nothing to it. the steak was average grilled and just ok. the chicken strips my son ordered were good and the flounder I ordered was average. I expected a different type of stuffing on the fish (maybe crab) but it seemed to be just that, stuffing. my green beans were not fresh and did appear to come out of a can. my baked potato was not fully cooked. Maybe next time I'll come here for lunch instead of dinner. the food was ok. next time, I'll order what the house recommends. As for our server "lauren", she was very attentive and loved how she took care of us.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere