“Quality at an affordable price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
DeLand, Florida, United States
“Quality at an affordable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were wonderful. The beds were very comfy. Location is perfect only a short drive to naples. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Brittany got us checked out quickly and was friendly. Ivan the GM made sure we ennoyed our stay there. I come often to this area and will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Ivan R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you, and I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us and that the staff was able to accomodate you. Please feel free to call us anytime you plan on being in the area and well be happy to have you again.

Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here the 2nd week of February with my boyfriend during his families vacation.

The room was small but very clean and had all the amenities of a house. Microwave, frig dishes. This is an "extended stay" hotel, which means you don't get maid service everyday. We stayed there for 4 days and were totally fine with that, I'm not a big fan of having a maid knock on my door everyday anyway :)

The pro about this hotel was having a laundry facility and workout room on-site. They also have a conference room to accommodate any business inclined customers. A big perk was the pantry in the lobby. My boyfriend and I had some late night munchies and didn't feel like driving anywhere, so we helped ourselves to the pantry. It's not complimentary but the prices are reasonable. We grabbed what we wanted and had the cost charged to our room.

The only con, if you could call it that is that there isn't anything within walking distance from the hotel. Although it's only a 2 minute drive to restaurants or stores.

The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes from Ft. Myers beach which is where we spent most of our time. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do apologize for the inconvenience of not having much within walking distance. We hope to see you again very soon!
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

On arrival found property well maintained and clean and staff very friendly. There is a really nice exercise room and also washer and dryer room. The suite kitchenette I had, 209, was very clean and comfortable. Really enjoyed the full refrigerator and microwave. This property is pet friendly. The GM Ivan Ruiz and Brittany, front desk, were very friendly and helpful. Very easy on off I-75. I recommend this and will use again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are very happy that you had a great experience. We pride ourselves in making all of our guest's experience the same as your's. We want to be your home away from home and I'm glad we were able to do that for you. Thank you for staying with us, We hope to have you stay with us again and have a great day.
Huntington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent our holidays in Ft. Myers and stayed the entire 2 weeks at Candlewood Suites. Everything was great! Rooms were clean, & staff very friendly & helpful, especially Ivan Ruiz the manager. Location was close to shopping centers & restaurants. Everything we needed was there. We plan on returning soon and we will be staying at Candlewood Suites again. RM 307
Thanks to Candlewood Suites for a very pleasant stay. Dave & Ginger

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Mr. & Mrs. Johnson! It's great to hear from you both again. Thank you so much for the great review and we very much enjoyed having you stay with us and I'm so glad you were able to get the full experience of Candlewood Suites. Give us a call next time you plan on coming to town and we will be more than happy to have you back again.

Have a wonderful day!
Ivan
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

were do I start on this hotel, I suppose check in. As a priority club member I asked was there any chance of an upgrade and was told the hotel was full even though there did not seem to be many cars in the parking lot. We checked in to room 208 to first see a recliner covered in tape to hold the fabric together. We then looked round at the closet door which had a massive hole in the middle. My husband headed in to the loo were the toilet roll and holder were sitting on the sink as they too had been broke. Not a good start.

I returned to reception to complain and was just told here are the keys to room 206 you can change...........10 minutes earlier I was told the hotel was booked out.

They had a dvd player I rented 2 dvds................guess what the player did not work. I later contacted reception that evening. There was anice gentleman on who came up to take a look he could not get it to work. The manager then came up and eventually found a cable at the back which was not connected. We player the first one. On using the second it came up with disk error.

Next morning I went to reception to let them know the disk did not work............very little interest shown or should I say none at all. I went to the business centre to print off my next reservation and guess what the printer was broken.

I checked out as quick as I could for fear of any more disasters. My best advise is to avoid. I was not asked on check out how was my stay and maybe this is just as well. Will not be paying a return visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ivan R, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am so very sorry about this experience and I thank you for your loyalty as a Priority Club Member. I apologize that our upgrades were already all booked up. I wish we were able to have an extra one to accomodate you. This property was recenlty purchased within the last 6 months and we are currently in the process of remodeling and I assure you that this is in progress.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I am taking care of everything. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again. We are progressing with our re-modeling and I know your next stay will be a great stay and I would be very happy if you gave me a call and we can set up a new special reservation to accomodate you the way that I would like to. The hotel number is 239-344-4400 and my name is Ivan Ruiz.

I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you have a great day.
Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Desk personnel gave me a much needed box, and some tape to send out a package, room was clean, but no one entered to do any cleaning while I was there (3-nights, 2-days), and never saw any cleaning staff ???

One of the biggest eye-soars was the elevator carpeting, and threshold was filled with months of trash, dirt, and debris. There was also trails of spills seen in the hallways and stairs, that a carpet cleaner could easily remove.

And from a former smoker, the people smoking just outside the front door should be asked to move away or take a walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi I would like to thank you for staying with us and also thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I'm glad we were able to provide you with what you needed to send your package and I do apologize that our weekly housekeeping was not explained to your satisfaction. We dont do daily housekeeping for your privacy but all of our guests are more than welcome to stop by daily to the front office for an exchange.

I am very happy to tell you that we have re-carpeted our elevator and it looks great. We are also having the entire hotels carpets serviced. Again I do apologize that your experience wasn't as great as I would have liked it to be for you but we do hope to have you as a guest in the near future. If you would like to talk to me directly your are more than welcome and I would look forward to hear from you.

Have a great day!
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had booked to stay one night at the Candlewood suites and ending up not moving on as planned but staying for a week.. The staff are so helpful and friendly especially Carol and Hilton..Nothing was to much trouble.. Our room was great, a good size and really clean..there was all that you needed,a comfy bed, kitchen area, a great shower and bathroom.. I loved how they had thought of the little things like having dvd's you can borrow also books.. we spent lovely long days at the beach and to have books I could borrow was fab.. Its in a great location so close to Fort Myres beach which is just fabulous and also Sanibel and Captiva islands..There is a gym you can use and also washing machines and tumble dryers at no extra cost..They also have an outside swimming pool which is a good size..We really enjoyed our stay and would definately go back if we are ever that way again..Thankyou so much..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It's wonderful to hear that you had a great experience. We are very proud to have the ability to offer all the benefits that Candlewood Suites has to offer and even more we love being able to read comments like yours. It puts a smile on all of our faces. Thank you so much for giving your time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75? Share your experiences!