“Pleasant enough for an overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10050 Gulf Center Dr, (I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center), Fort Myers, FL 33913   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
North Carolina
“Pleasant enough for an overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Normal Courtyard with clean rooms and baths. The hotel was full of young soccer players who were exuberant but considerate.

It is somewhat difficult to find and depart this hotel. We had to enter from an alley alongside the building to reach the entrance and when leaving it is necessary to make a 90, a 180 and another 90 to get headed back to I-75.

Nothing special but a pleasant respite while on the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
myself and the staff want to say thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you continue to choose us everytime you are passing through Ft Myers.

Warm Regards,

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I travel and stay at many Marriott hotels. This hotel consistently gives it guests excellent customer service. It is well run with all daily operations. Nice little bar in the lobby area. Excellent location within walking distance of many shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Book early - this hotel often gets sold out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We really appreciate you choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center and thank you very much for the excellent comments. We look forward to you stay with us every time.

Have a fantabulous day!

florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, but I agree with another review, the walls are thin. We heard every noise from the surrounding rooms and above us. The worst is when you could hear the toilet flush from another room. We had such noisy neighbors who were part of a group who kept slamming their doors when we were trying to sleep. Not many amenities, but it was clean and nice. When I checked out, I was not asked about my stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott. However, I want to greatly apologize that you were placed near a group that kept banging their doors and that we did not do a better job keeping noise to a minimum. I will share this with the staff to make sure we do a better job in the future. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and I sincerely hope you will give us another try the next time you come to Southwest FL.

Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a fairly new and very nice hotel. The Staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast is not free which is a disappointment. There are plenty of places to eat close to the hotel so it's really not an issue. My only complaint about our room was that it was very dusty. I had to dust before I unpacked as it was really bad. I did mention this to the Manager and he said he would take care of it with Housekeeping. The outdoor pool looked very nice but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center. Also, thank you very much for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are glad you had a terrific stay. However, I want to sincerely apologize for the dust in the room. I will address it with housekeeping as well. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the Ft Myers area.

Have a wonderful day!

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you are looking for a good location to tour around the area from Naples in the south to Sanibel & Captiva more north, this hotel is in a GREAT spot. Convenient to I-75 and Highway 41, as well as the Fort Myers Airport and shopping, this location is a logical base from which to branch out to see various sections of this lovely part of Florida. Adjacent to the Gulf Coast Town Center, shopping and restaurants for any taste abound. Stay here and explore Southwest Florida! Only complaint was that it sounded like an elephant was walking in the room above us, but fortunately it seemed to adhere to a schedule of early to bed and late to rise!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you very much for staying at our hotel. Your business is very important to us. We are glad you had a great stay except for the elephant. We hope you choose us the next time you are in Ft Myers and we will do our best not to check in anymore elephants.

Warm Regards

Ogdensburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We spent a week at the Courtyard by Marriott while with a tour of the Fort Myers area. The hotel was amazingly clean and fresh each day. The hotel was up-to-date with decor and furnishings. The property has a lovely and clean pool area. The breakfast each morning was delicious with both hot and cold items. The staff was outstanding and we felt waited on and pampered. There's an airport shuttle for the convenience of guests. Adjacent to the hotel, we found many shops and restaurants in the Gulf Coast Town Center to visit during our evening hours. There is an area for guests to do laundry, a fitness room, and a pass to the LA Fitness Center next door. It was a pleasure to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
The entire staff says thank you so much for spending you time in Ft Myers with us and taking the time to write about the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center. We sincerely appreciate the awesome comments about the hotel and the staff. Again, thanks very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Ft Myers.

Have a Fantabulous Day!

Tecumseh, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had read great reviews about this hotel and thought I would give it a try...

The hotel itself is very nice and very clean and it really is in a great little area. Lots of walk to around the hotel. Also, the staff made a great effort to be very friendly; every staff member I ran into said hello and asked me how I was enjoying my stay. It was very welcoming. The only staff letdown I had was at breakfast. The waitress was very inattentive. There were 2 or 3 employees working the breakfast buffet and I was one of three occupied tables; but I felt completely invisible. Now, I get it. It's a buffet... But I would have liked my coffee/juice refilled or plates taken away. These were not frequent occurrences. But the price was right, $10 for a well stocked breakfast buffet was just right.

The rooms are very nice. The bed was comfortable, I had a very large TV, and there was plenty of space in the room. There were lots of plug outlets in the places where I needed them and the internet was very good. I was able to stream Netflix with zero difficulty.

The walls are thin though. I heard everything going on in the room next door and in the hallway. I woke up a couple times in the night because I thought I heard a vacuum cleaner... Finally, after about the 3rd or 4th time being woke up by the vacuum cleaner sound, I went out in the hall to investigate. Nope, not a vacuum cleaner. It was the hum of the ice machine making ice; which was SIX DOORS AWAY. Even from that distance, it kept me up...

This not-so-great night of sleep was sad, really. This hotel had so much potential.

Room Tip: The third floor was where the ice machine noise kept me awake from six doors away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center, Ft Myers. We appreciate all of the great feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the ice machine not allowing you to get a great nights sleep. We hope you will give us another try and we will do our best to put you as far away from the ice machine. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

john.mesaros@marriott.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center? Share your experiences!