“Good location, nice hotel, THIN WALLS...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10050 Gulf Center Dr, (I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center), Fort Myers, FL 33913   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Tecumseh, Michigan
“Good location, nice hotel, THIN WALLS...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had read great reviews about this hotel and thought I would give it a try...

The hotel itself is very nice and very clean and it really is in a great little area. Lots of walk to around the hotel. Also, the staff made a great effort to be very friendly; every staff member I ran into said hello and asked me how I was enjoying my stay. It was very welcoming. The only staff letdown I had was at breakfast. The waitress was very inattentive. There were 2 or 3 employees working the breakfast buffet and I was one of three occupied tables; but I felt completely invisible. Now, I get it. It's a buffet... But I would have liked my coffee/juice refilled or plates taken away. These were not frequent occurrences. But the price was right, $10 for a well stocked breakfast buffet was just right.

The rooms are very nice. The bed was comfortable, I had a very large TV, and there was plenty of space in the room. There were lots of plug outlets in the places where I needed them and the internet was very good. I was able to stream Netflix with zero difficulty.

The walls are thin though. I heard everything going on in the room next door and in the hallway. I woke up a couple times in the night because I thought I heard a vacuum cleaner... Finally, after about the 3rd or 4th time being woke up by the vacuum cleaner sound, I went out in the hall to investigate. Nope, not a vacuum cleaner. It was the hum of the ice machine making ice; which was SIX DOORS AWAY. Even from that distance, it kept me up...

This not-so-great night of sleep was sad, really. This hotel had so much potential.

Room Tip: The third floor was where the ice machine noise kept me awake from six doors away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center, Ft Myers. We appreciate all of the great feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the ice machine not allowing you to get a great nights sleep. We hope you will give us another try and we will do our best to put you as far away from the ice machine. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Niceville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Highly recommended. As a corporate pilot I spend more than a hundred days a year on the road in hotels from Los Angeles to New York to Miami. I always enjoy our stops in Fort Myers. This hotel is clean, the bed linens fresh, and the rooms updated to current standards. The pool and spa area is well designed and maintained while the hotel itself is situated in the Guld Coast Town Center which means walking access to restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. Although this facility has the typical hotel fitness room, they also offer a pass to the LA Fitness facility located next door. Finally, the entire staff, customer service reps at checkin, the maintenance and service staff, all seem motivated to ensure that your stay is pleasant and memorable.

Room Tip: Even numbers face the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate you business and also your comments. It means a lot coming from someone who spends his entire life on the road. Thanks for everything and we look forward to your return soon to the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center, Ft Myers.

Thanks again!

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This Courtyard is perfectly located in the Gulf Coast Town Center. I have stayed here a few times before and it never disappoints. There are tons of restaurants, live music and shopping. The hotel itself is great. Terrific staff. Great Internet. Clean and up to date. Extremely comfortable. They also have an airport shuttle.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The team here at the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your trips to Ft Myers and for taking the time writing about our hotel, how great the internet was and our location and activities. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to you staying with us each and every time you come to Ft Myers.

Have a Fantabulous Day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

All the facilities you would expect from a hotel like this, does not disappoint. food is good, staff courtieous and well appointed and its a breeze to be in. Quick check in and check out services, ample parking and well decorated

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers, FL. It is terrific that you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Ft Myers, FL

Warm Regards,

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years as it is required as part of my job and this hotel was fantastic! Staff super friendly and helpful. Rooms are very very clean and up-to-date. The pool area is nice and the pool was heated which it made it even better! Lot's of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PatsyPagan, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I want to sincerely thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers, FL. Your comments mean a lot for someone who has traveled alot and stayed in many hotels. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again really soon.

John.Mesaros@marriott.com
SAO PAULO BRAZIL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Like new, this Marriott stands out because it is located near I-75, 4 miles from Mirimar outlets, a few more from Coconut Point place. Besides it is located inside the Gulf CoastTown Center, what means a lot of restaurants, shops and weekend attractions. Two miles from Germain Arena and Fort Myers Airport. superb location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PatsyPagan, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about our hotel and location. We look forward to having you stay with us every time you come to Southwest Fl.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our company uses this hotel on a regular basis as we have a training facility in Fort Myers. During my stay (Saturday - Tuesday & returned on the Friday) I found the staff very professional and willing to help. A good example is that I left at 5.30am on the Wednesday but the restaurant team provided freshly cut fruit and tea despite the restaurant not opening for another hour. I also left a bag there whilst i went to Orlando for a few days rather than lugging everything there and back. The rooms were spacious and clean with a good choice of TV programmes ( Live English football on ESPN Saturday morning). Did not eat an evening meal so unable to comment on quality of meals outside breakfast. The hotel also provides a bus service to whether you wish to go so a $5 tip was much cheaper than the $22 a taxi will charge you to go to or from the airport.

During your visit go and shop at Giacomo Battaglia (shirt shop and fine Italian clothing). He has a superb range of shirts at $140 and a great welcome - was invited to share a beer or wine with the owner and his friends. The owner used to dress Frank Sinatra (he will show you the write up in a local newspaper about him and Frank :-) - great sales guy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The team and I at the Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel and appreciate all of the great comments. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit. Thanks again for your business.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center? Share your experiences!