“Always a good stay, but with a few issues” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Lausanne, Switzerland
1,053 helpful votes 1,053 helpful votes
“Always a good stay, but with a few issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Happy to have spent 2 nights here in October 2012 while visiting Fort Myers and the aera.

Hotel situation is near highway, Edison Mall, restaurants and downtown Ft.Myers. To the beach and Sanibel island, it'll take you about 25-35 minutes drives at least. To Miromar Outlet, it'll take you 15 minutes drive. Not the best location but still nice and quiet.

We'd a good price so very happy with the rate (book in advance).
Our Studio suite was on 4th floor and was very quiet. Roomy, king size, flat screen TV, hi-speed wireless free.
The issues was concerning the bathroom and the water which was highly containing chlorine so it has a bad smell (strong smell) for us. Maybe it's common with Hampton Inn hotels. The other issue is that the bad tube is in plastic and which seems to be less hygenic to us.

Otherwise, staff is nice and breakfast is ok. Hotel is modern.
It was not our 1st visit here.
If we come back in Fort Myers we might choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for a Studio suite if you can afford it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments and taking the time to write this review. I am very glad that you had a good stay. I am sorry that we were not close to all the attractions that you wanted to see in Southwest Florida. I am sorry that the water smelled bad. That is not a Hampton Issue but rather a state and local issue. Each City and County individual water system regulates its own use of chlorine to disinfect water. After large rainstorms, your water system may add more chlorine so as to treat potentially larger quantities of new water being introduced into our supply. It is safe and normal. Our bath tubs are not cast iron but are made of fiberglass and typical of many brand hotels in the U.S. We clean and disinfected out Bath Tubs daily. I hope this answers you issues. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return to our hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hampton Inn in Ft Myers is one o fthe very best in the chain if not the best. Jeff Webb and his friendly staff cater to the guests needs and they keep the place spotless. The ladies at the front desk bake some of the best cookies and they cheerfully bake another batch if they run out early in the evening and even have milk to go with the cookies.

You won't be diosappointed satying here - neat/clean/freindly and safe.

Definely a 10 plus

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Wow! Your comments make us all blush. Our team is honored with your statements of none better and the best in the chain. Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel. We look forward to your next visit and we will make sure there is plenty of cookies and milk waiting for you.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Like most Hampton Inns this hotel was clean and nicely decorated. The king size room that we were in was spacious. They had a good internet connection, which was lacking in the last hotel in which I stayed in Fort Myers. The front desk staff and the others in the hotel were very helpful and friendly, including with directions,and discount coupons to local restaurants. In the early evening they had home baked cookies (diet buster) in the lobby for the guests. The breakfast was varied, with cereals including oat meal, waffles, fruit, eggs, different types of bread, and different types of coffee and juices.
The eggs and the accompanying meat and potatoes differed daily. They have a nice pool, and
shaded and non shaded areas around the pool. When the management lowered the price for the week end, they automatically lowered our rate. This was a nice gesture. I definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: In any reservation call the hotel directly.Don't settle for the first price quoted. Negotioate...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your Review was great, thank you so much. It was very nice of you to say how clean and well-appointed our guestrooms are. I am also pleased to read that our team was very helpful and friendly in showing you around our wonderful town. Being consistent and having integrity is very important and I am so glad that because of that you will return. Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Fort Myers and our Hotel.
FL Keys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip. The location is very convenient to the Regional Service Center in Ft. Myers. The hotel looks relatively new and is not on the main road, so there is little traffic noise in the room. When I checked in, my room keys didn’t work so I had to schlep back to the desk to get ones that did. The room was spacious with a king bed, desk, and small sofa. I would like to lose the fake plant on the coffee table. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. Some of the amenities were awkwardly placed. The ice bucket was on a shelf under the sink and the coffee maker was in a cubby behind the bathroom door. A hot breakfast is included with the room. Parking is free. I recommend the hotel if you are looking for accommodations in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review and taking time to share your comments. I am pleased that you found our Hotel close to all you needed to do in our Town. I am sorry that your room key did not work in the initial attempt. I sincerely understand that going up to your room and then having to make the trek back is troublesome. Aside from that issue I am very happy that you had a great overall experience and that you will recommend our Hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Fort Myers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The staff was entirely friendly. The people that stood out the most were Mandy and Landon, this may be because they worked during the days, but the other front desk people seemed very nice and out going. Nick was very nice as well. The housekeeping staff were very nice and polite. I basically wish I could live in this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and writing a Fantastic review. Our Team from the Front Desk to Housekeeping, from Breakfast to Maintenance enjoyed reading these comments and it drives the them to want to consistently make guests happy. Thanking for mentioning Landon, Mandy and Nick. We love that you would want to live here! We hope you return soon so that we can give you another fantastic stay!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Landon and Mandy are the best. thanks again for another very successful crop event the 2 of them are the best. we keep getting bigger and the overnighters are fantastic the hotel is awesome to accomodate all of us scrapbooking nuts that come in and take over all the space and rooms. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job of keeping on top of all of our needs big and small. Housekeeping Sasha is a real hoot his blue eyes twinkle as he tries to speak english and communicate with us, he helps out and is johnny on the spot to clean up after us.. great hotel clean, good breakfast, wish they had bacon is my only request. Yes I will return and sleep here again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are clean and comfy every time I stay here, I never specify a room location within the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your group is loads of fun, we love having you here. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job for our Hotel and we are honored that they work with us. We translated your comments to Sasha who blushed at his accolades. He is still smiling every time we say the word “Scrapbook”. I am very pleased you will return because that is the true test of doing a great job. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel a lot and I have never been to a better hotel in my life!!!! It's in a nice area, clean, staff is amazing!!!!! First when we arrived very late and was so tired from traveling. The desk clerk was so nice!!!!! He got us checked in quick and told us some important things about hotel and sent us on our way. This morning I got up for breakfast and Carmen who works in the breakfast area is charming. She asked me several times if I needed anything and she informed me of everything they had to eat. I would love to live here, that's how nice it is. Price is right and you will enjoy yourself.This hotel is the most handicapped accessible hotel I've ever been too!!!!!

Room Tip: We love the first floor, don't have to worry about stair incase of fire. Like we had to when we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for saying we are the “The Best Hotel Ever”. Carmen loved reading your comments as did the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor and us. You mentioned so many great things we do that reading the review made me so proud of our Team and Hotel. Thank you for staying with us. I truly hope that you come back to Fort Myers. We would love to have you check in with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!