“Excellent Place to Stay While in Ft Myers Fl - None Better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Place to Stay While in Ft Myers Fl - None Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hampton Inn in Ft Myers is one o fthe very best in the chain if not the best. Jeff Webb and his friendly staff cater to the guests needs and they keep the place spotless. The ladies at the front desk bake some of the best cookies and they cheerfully bake another batch if they run out early in the evening and even have milk to go with the cookies.

You won't be diosappointed satying here - neat/clean/freindly and safe.

Definely a 10 plus

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Wow! Your comments make us all blush. Our team is honored with your statements of none better and the best in the chain. Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel. We look forward to your next visit and we will make sure there is plenty of cookies and milk waiting for you.

688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Like most Hampton Inns this hotel was clean and nicely decorated. The king size room that we were in was spacious. They had a good internet connection, which was lacking in the last hotel in which I stayed in Fort Myers. The front desk staff and the others in the hotel were very helpful and friendly, including with directions,and discount coupons to local restaurants. In the early evening they had home baked cookies (diet buster) in the lobby for the guests. The breakfast was varied, with cereals including oat meal, waffles, fruit, eggs, different types of bread, and different types of coffee and juices.
The eggs and the accompanying meat and potatoes differed daily. They have a nice pool, and
shaded and non shaded areas around the pool. When the management lowered the price for the week end, they automatically lowered our rate. This was a nice gesture. I definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: In any reservation call the hotel directly.Don't settle for the first price quoted. Negotioate...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your Review was great, thank you so much. It was very nice of you to say how clean and well-appointed our guestrooms are. I am also pleased to read that our team was very helpful and friendly in showing you around our wonderful town. Being consistent and having integrity is very important and I am so glad that because of that you will return. Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Fort Myers and our Hotel.
FL Keys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip. The location is very convenient to the Regional Service Center in Ft. Myers. The hotel looks relatively new and is not on the main road, so there is little traffic noise in the room. When I checked in, my room keys didn’t work so I had to schlep back to the desk to get ones that did. The room was spacious with a king bed, desk, and small sofa. I would like to lose the fake plant on the coffee table. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. Some of the amenities were awkwardly placed. The ice bucket was on a shelf under the sink and the coffee maker was in a cubby behind the bathroom door. A hot breakfast is included with the room. Parking is free. I recommend the hotel if you are looking for accommodations in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review and taking time to share your comments. I am pleased that you found our Hotel close to all you needed to do in our Town. I am sorry that your room key did not work in the initial attempt. I sincerely understand that going up to your room and then having to make the trek back is troublesome. Aside from that issue I am very happy that you had a great overall experience and that you will recommend our Hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Fort Myers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The staff was entirely friendly. The people that stood out the most were Mandy and Landon, this may be because they worked during the days, but the other front desk people seemed very nice and out going. Nick was very nice as well. The housekeeping staff were very nice and polite. I basically wish I could live in this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and writing a Fantastic review. Our Team from the Front Desk to Housekeeping, from Breakfast to Maintenance enjoyed reading these comments and it drives the them to want to consistently make guests happy. Thanking for mentioning Landon, Mandy and Nick. We love that you would want to live here! We hope you return soon so that we can give you another fantastic stay!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Landon and Mandy are the best. thanks again for another very successful crop event the 2 of them are the best. we keep getting bigger and the overnighters are fantastic the hotel is awesome to accomodate all of us scrapbooking nuts that come in and take over all the space and rooms. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job of keeping on top of all of our needs big and small. Housekeeping Sasha is a real hoot his blue eyes twinkle as he tries to speak english and communicate with us, he helps out and is johnny on the spot to clean up after us.. great hotel clean, good breakfast, wish they had bacon is my only request. Yes I will return and sleep here again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are clean and comfy every time I stay here, I never specify a room location within the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your group is loads of fun, we love having you here. Landon and Mandy do a fantastic job for our Hotel and we are honored that they work with us. We translated your comments to Sasha who blushed at his accolades. He is still smiling every time we say the word “Scrapbook”. I am very pleased you will return because that is the true test of doing a great job. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel a lot and I have never been to a better hotel in my life!!!! It's in a nice area, clean, staff is amazing!!!!! First when we arrived very late and was so tired from traveling. The desk clerk was so nice!!!!! He got us checked in quick and told us some important things about hotel and sent us on our way. This morning I got up for breakfast and Carmen who works in the breakfast area is charming. She asked me several times if I needed anything and she informed me of everything they had to eat. I would love to live here, that's how nice it is. Price is right and you will enjoy yourself.This hotel is the most handicapped accessible hotel I've ever been too!!!!!

Room Tip: We love the first floor, don't have to worry about stair incase of fire. Like we had to when we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for saying we are the “The Best Hotel Ever”. Carmen loved reading your comments as did the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor and us. You mentioned so many great things we do that reading the review made me so proud of our Team and Hotel. Thank you for staying with us. I truly hope that you come back to Fort Myers. We would love to have you check in with us again.
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We first tried Hampton Inns a few months ago. We stayed in two different ones and I rated both as average. In a nutshell, I found that many lower priced hotels we've stayed in were equal to or better than these two Hamptons.

We traveled to Cape Coral for an extended visit with family. I spent a lot of time reading TripAdvisor reviews for places to stay in the area and was not impressed. I started with my preferred places to stay, then expanded to other possibilities, and finally included this Hampton (even though I really didn't want to go back to a Hampton). After much research, we chose this one for our extended (9 days) stay. I'm glad we did.

One of my complaints with the previous Hampton's was the friendliness and courtesy of staff. One was okay, but not great, the other was robotic. What a difference here. With minor exceptions the staff here goes over and beyond to be friendly, courteous and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. Staff provided a local area map and an extensive list of area restaurants including national chains as well as local favorites. I wish every hotel would do this. Warm cookies were also waiting, and we found them to be available every evening but two.

Although he wasn't on duty when we checked in, I want to note that Nick at the front desk was especially outstanding.

The room was as expected from a Hampton. Clean. Nice furnishing for this price level. Good size room refrigerator that kept our drinks icy cold. Bathroom night light was useful. Bed was comfortable. Pillows not so much. A/C was very hard to control. I tried to set it at 73 and was never sure that I got it right as we experienced a range from 71 to 75 degrees. Several times I just turned it on and off manually. A/C was also a bit noisy.

The breakfast was good, and similar to what many places are offering today. Carmine was the attendant on most days. She was very personable, interfaced well with guests, and kept constantly busy cleaning and replenishing. What a difference the few days she was off. The attendant was not very personable and the facility was significantly less clean.

This hotel would have had an excellent review from me but it failed one of my key tests - the shower. For me, a good shower is one that is easy to adjust, has a good flow and a constant temp. This shower head has about 10 settings and is mounted very high. I had to be on tiptoes (I'm 5'7") to make the adjustments, and even then it was very hard to get all 10 positions to work. No matter, I never found a position that gave me the kind of pattern I like (a simple tight pattern such as you get from a basic cheap shower head). The temperature was not constant and usually had to be adjusted significantly about 2 minutes into the shower to reduce temp.

One other negative feature of the bathroom was the high sink that many hotels are using. The Hampton ones curve out in the front which makes them more difficult to lean over unless you are a tall person.

All-in-all, the positives here far out-weighed the negatives and we plan to stay here again on our next trip to Cape Coral/Ft. Myers.

One more thing: We were well pleased with ABC Cab for our early morning trip to RSW airport. Clean car, friendly driver, on-time pick up. Check on-line to see if they still offer the $5.00 off coupon we used.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jwswfl, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you decided to come back to the Hampton Brand and that our hotel did not disappoint you. Thank very much for writing a fantastic review. I sincerely appreciate all your comments and will continue to work hard at making sure you will always be glad you stayed. Friendly & Courteous Team Members and clean comfortable rooms is what everyone should expect when staying at Hamptons. I am so happy to read that you will return to our Hotel. We look forward to your next trip to Cape Coral and Fort Myers.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd? Share your experiences!