“Great Choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Minnetonka
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

This is a new, nice clean hotel with airport shuttle pick up & drop off.
Great staff. Very nice property with easy access to RSW, shopping, restaurants.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Upon arriving we were checked in very quickly. All of our pre-requested items were attended to such as a feather-free room on a high floor with extra foam pillows, double beds, etc... every detail was met. The room is extra large with living room, kitchette, desk, bathroom and double closets all for an incredible weekend price! Couldnt be happier with this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This place is awesome - the staff is so accommodating - they bend over backwards to please you. Stayed here with a baseball team for a week. Had a broken machine to ice pitcher's arms - their staff helped fix it. I had a contract come in while there that needed signed and returned. They took me to their office and helped me download the contract so I could get the deal done. They sent us to the best restaurants. When the sweaty boys smell the rooms up they came in late in the evening to make the rooms smell nice. Anything we needed they were at our beck and call. I can not say enough about how pleasant the week was and how well we were treated. Rooms were cleaned spotless every day. Rooms look new.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Fremont CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I spent 2 nights here and found this to be a standard Springhill experience. These are not luxury properties but you get a comfortable bed in a clean and spacious room with a good work area and free w-fi. They have a so-so buffet breakfast included too, but it's free and you can have cereal if the basic eggs, sausage and waffles are too much.
Staff was actually very friendly and helpful and every was nice both day and evening staff.
This is basically a "no-frills" hotel but you get a little fridge and microwave kitchenette. Room was pretty comfortable. And very close to the airport to which they have a free shuttle.
I'd stay there again if I need a clean, inexpensive and spacious room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I had a very nice stay at the Springhill Suites in July 2009 and would stay here again for business. I would be inclined to stay a bit closer to the beach if I was visiting Ft. Myers for leisure.

While I spent very little time at the hotel, I found the hotel to be a nice, new hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was smaller but adequate. It is about average size for a business hotel.

The hotel is VERY close to the airport and in the immediate vicinity of approximately 6 other hotels of nearly identical quality. It took about 20-25 minutes to get to Ft. Myers beach from our hotel, but it was an easy drive. There is a Pizza Uno, Mcdonalds, Wendy's, several convenience stores and additional restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and many, many more chain type restaurants are located all up and down Daniels Parkway.

I have no real negative comments. The only "issues" I ran into was that my room key reset itself every day of my stay for some reason so I had to go to the front desk on two occasions for them to reprogram the key. Additionally, the "Business Center" was located in the seating area for the Continental Breakfast. Both computers were fairly slow and always occupied. I was forced to ask two teenagers if I could interrupt their browsing of facebook and myspace to check my flight information. I would suggest bringing a laptop (internet connections in every room) if you have any serious computing needs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This hotel was nice. Very clean, no bad odors and spacious rooms. We reserved a Double QB room. It has a separate living divided by a wall. The living has a full sofabed, chair, desk and chair, and a TV, 2 small living room tables. The kitchen area has a Mini-refrigerator (no freezer), a microwave, and a small sink. It has 2 closets, and plenty of space to place your belongings. We stayed on the first floor, and you could hear and feel the steps of people walking on the 2nd floor which really bothered us in the morning. Breakfast was very nice. It has hot eggs, DIY waffles, assorted breads and pastries, milk, juices, cereals, fresh fruits, coffee, tea, etc. It has 2 computers in the lobby with internet connection. The rooms has internet connection though. Very large breakfast area. It has a pool, plenty of parking. A Uno Chicago Grill within walking distance, and a gas station. Very, very close to I-75 and to the airport.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Booked online with a prepaid travel site I have been using for years. Called ahead of time to the hotel to request 2 double beds as we are with 2 teenagers. I was told by hotel manager and staff that my reservation was for 1 bed and it could not be changed because of the computer. Called the online reservation company and explained that the manager of this property was not flexible.

The online reservation company contacted the hotel and spoke with the manager. They were told they had to send a fax to the hotel for my simple request. I was surprised they were made to do that. Online reservation company faxed request while I was on the phone with them to the hotel and I was told my request would be granted as a result of the fax.

Arrive at the hotel tonight and told the same story that I could only have a king. Double suites are available and the standard rate for a king is same as a double. Told they could not change the category again because of the computer.

Call Marriott Customer Service and they were very understanding. They even thought it was unusual this location would not accommodate a simple change that is not considered an upgrade. They call hotel and try to reason with the hotel. No luck. Manager and staff will budge.

Call online hotel booking site. They call hotel again on my behalf and are told I can only have a king even though they have availability in doubles and the rate is no different .

It amazes me this location is part of the Marriott chain of hotels. I don't blame the staff, but the current manager of this location. They are only following his directive. Guess I have been lucky over the years and never has a bad experience prepaying for a hotels until now. The manager of this hotel is a very bad reflection on the Marriott chain of hotels.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport? Share your experiences!