“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel has large rooms with a comfortable sitting area. The pool was good and breakfast was also good with ample servings. The staff was most helpful with any questions. The hotel had laundry area where I did a wash for $4.00 (2 for soap and 1 each for washer and dryer), and computer internet in the lobby. Very convenient location. We were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My two teenagers and I stayed just one night on our way out to Captiva Island and I must say, they bent over backward to make our trip comfortable and productive. We needed to extend our time there for just a couple of hours to make our rendezvous with my husband work out. They graciously helped us out from shuttling us from the airport to giving us a quiet place to finish the kids' online schoolwork. The place was spic and span, the room was spacious and well-appointed but, most of all, the staff was wonderfully attentive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Homeschool,

Thank you for the detailed description of our hotel, staff and services, we couldn't have said it better ourself! We read all comments to our team members and I'm sure that they will appreciate your comments. We appreiciate having you and your family as our guest and hope that you will be back again for another visit! Thank you so mcuh.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites near RSW on 12/12/12 because I had a 6AM flight the following morning. I returned my rental car prior to checking in at the hotel and they sent a front desk person over to pick me up in the shuttle since the driver was gone for the day. He was super friendly. Check-in was easy. The hotel and my room were clean and nice. The rooms are suites so it was plenty spacious. They offer a free breakfast in the morning at 6 or 6:30AM (can't remember), but since I had to catch the shuttle to the airport for my early flight I had to leave at 5AM. When I went down to check out the woman at the front desk said that since she saw that I was catching the 5AM shuttle, she put the food out earlier so I could eat before I leave. I really appreciated the food, but more importantly the customer service, and the fact that she was so considerate. The shuttle driver was really friendly even though it was 5AM. I'll definitely stay there again next time I travel through Fort Myers airport. Great place, great staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mr. Craig

We greatly appreciate hearing that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Fort Myers and that our staff made your visit here enjoyable. I will pass along your kind remarks to Kathleen she was working that morning you checked out. We only wish you could had stayed longer. Come back and see us again soon. Thank you once again.
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I were bumped by our airline and put up by them at SpringHill Suites in Fort Myers.
It is located in the midst of several other similar "airport" hotels - kind of like an industrial park.
We were very impressed by the general cleanliness of the property, our room was immaculate.
I will say, however, that in keeping with its usual business clientele, the place seemed "sterile",
nothing really to distinguish it from any other business hotel.
Since we were coming from a beachfront resort, that was a definite difference.
Since this was a surprise overnight stay my wife asked the room service help on our floor where we could get toothbrushes and toothpaste. They literally ran downstairs to get these for us - super service on their part.
Attached to the hotel is a hot tub and a small pool. We enjoyed the hot tub and later cooled down in the pool. The water was clear enough but since I like to swim underwater and had my goggles I did notice that the sides of the pool looked kind of grimy. I think it's time to scrub them.
The front desk did efficiently send a wake up call right on time and did arrange for a limo pickup early the next morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr. Dracut

We thank you for taking the time out to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites. I will make certain that the Maintanence department takes care of cleaning the pool tiles. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night before a trip to Cayo Costa on my Marriott points. The hotel comes to pick you up at the airport with a shuttle. It takes about 20 min for the shuttle to arrive so be sure you call them right when you land.

The front desk was exceptional with my many requests and made my stay truly relaxing. I even got a pizza delivered to the hotel quickly! There is a restaurant near the hotel in case you prefer to go out. There are a few eating options within walking distance.

Breakfast was great and the lobby was cozy. I will stay here again should I be in the area!

• Stayed November 2012
Mr. Peekie

I am so happy that you felt at home here at Springhill Suites. It is something we strive for with every visit. Your comment regarding the staff is something I alwasy like to hear about. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back here soon.
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Wow, a miss by any standard and certainly not up to any Marriott brand or Springhill Suites.

From check in to check out it was a bad stay.

The greeting was non-existent and FORGOT to give me several items that I paid for in a "package". I had to request them and that required manager approval (umm it was in the room rate....).

The room was dirty with stained carpet and trash that housekeeping had missed around the bed (not exactly what you want to sleep).

Went to work out in the AM and the treadmill was broken/non-operative.

Breakfast is supposed to run until 9am, I went down at 8:55AM after a conference call to get something and it was ALL GONE- cleaned up and no one around.

FAILURE on all accounts. Pass on this one

Room Tip: No rooms are worth it based on my stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Margarita L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear DAexptravel,

We are very dissapointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns while you were with us. It is our policy to make very effort to correct any problems a guest may make us aware of immediately and to their satisfaction. We will certainly be working to make sure your comments are addressed. I can assure you that this is not normal and something we can correct. I will take a look at the treadmill to see if there is a problem because we just replaced it this September and is brand new. I will also speak to the breakfast attendent to find out what when wrong even thought we close at 9am we normally keep the breakfast food out to 9:15am. Should you choose to give us another opportunity again I will personally make sure that this dosen't happen again. Thank you again for having been our guest and for choosing Springhill Suites in Fort Myers, FL.
naples fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the time we checked in, we just loved this hotel! The front desk staff is so pleasant there are nice computers to use in the lobby, and complimentary coffee most of the time. Very nice rooms and a complimentary shuttle to the airport! We have stayed twice and took the shuttle both times. On our last visit our plane was late, however, Carlos, the driver arrived at the airport to get us with a huge smile on his face, and even remembered our names from the last time we stayed at the hotel! If you have an early AM flight out of Ft Myers Airport, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Springhill Suites...it's wonderful! Also a very convenient location for a stay in the Fort Myers area.

Room Tip: We always stayed at the back of the building, 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Big1pete,

We thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I will make certain that Carlos knows of your compliments of his work. Many of our guests enjoy the fact they can utilize our lobby computers and take advantage of our complimentary coffee in our lobby and our great complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you again and we hope you will let us know when you are here so we can say hello!

Thank you.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport? Share your experiences!