“Nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Lacey, Washington
“Nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

Check-in/Location
This is a newer or newly rehabed hotel located on Marketplace Rd., right off Daniels and I-75, about a 10 minute drive to the Ft. Myers Airport. There are plenty of fast food chains within walking distance as well as an Uno's (Chicago style pizza) and a Denny's. There are also a plethora of restaurants within driving distance on Daniels and you can always hop on I-75 for more options. There are a ton of maps and information located near the elevators which will give you information on local attractions and discounts. The staff was friendly throughout my stay and check-in/out wasn't a problem. All room requirements were met.

Room
Don't let the name "suites" fool you. I personally like these hotels because the room size is larger than your standard postage stamp hotel room, there is a fridge/microwave and I like having a living room area. However, these are one-room suites, meaning although there is a living area, there is not a door between the living and sleeping area, just an open space. Some people, usually traveling in a group, do not prefer this style of "suite" but is fine for just one or two people. The room itself is the newer Springhill standard and included adjustable lighting over the beds, a micro/fridge combo with sink and lots of drawer space, with nicer topped (not sure if they were granite) vanity and shelf for personal belongings. The bed was comfortable enough, however I don't like heavy linens, so I took the duvet out. Was very grateful that the hotel accommodated my foam pillow request, because those were some of the best foam pillows I've had at a hotel, were fluffy and not flat like the usual pillows I get stuck with. Room temperature was fine, but you will need to play with it a bit, as I was too hot the first night. There are two closets in the room and the iron and ironing board were clean. The TV had closed caption and a good amount of channels to choose from, although it was a bit small. Plenty of room to store clothing. I did not like the alarm clock, was very confusing to set, glad my wake up calls came in without a hitch.

Bathroom was very clean and the shower had firm water pressure and was easy to use. They provide you with shampoo, conditioner and lotion, however are very small, so will need to bring your own if more than one person will need to use them daily. Housekeeping was fine, room was kept clean.

My own pet peeve (beside the alarm clock) was the construction. If you stay at this property, I would strongly encourage you to stay on the top floor. I don't know if I had monsters above me, but when they were in the room I heard a lot of banging and a lot of running around. If I do stay here again, I will be sure to request the top floor. You could also hear TV noise, so if you get unlucky and have some jerk next to you who blares it or keeps it on all night, you are going to hear it. Luckily you can set the HVAC to a fan setting which helps.

Other
Free continental breakfast was hardy, lots of choices (who serves Cookie Crisp anymore? I loved that!) both hot and cold. The fitness center was a bit of a disappointment, just too small with only three machines (treadmill, old stair climber and bike), wasn't able to use it as there were people on the machines. I wasn't able to check out a pool or business center, however the hotel does have a nice pantry where you can buy food or forgotten items.

Overall
For the location and the price paid, I would definitely stay here again, however would be on the top floor. Very close to my office as well as a lot of area restaurants and about 40 minutes from Sanibel.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed in this hotel last year, and I wrote that the AC in the rooms was unbearable, to say the least. However, because the hotel is close to our son's home and, except for the AC adventure last year, we liked the hotel, we decided to give it another try.

Everything was great. The front desk was helpful. We had a problem with guests in the next room and across the hall (friends staying in town together) BANGING the doors, yelling across the hall, playing in the hall (their kids), etc., and management moved us immediately.

(NOTE: I can't blame the mgmt. for this problem. When made aware, the mgr. immediately made the kids stop playing in the hall, but the parents and kids really had no concept of what consideration meant.)

I will say that both rooms were freezing when we walked into them, but the controls in those rooms worked better than last year.

The breakfast buffet is pretty good, by the way. . . .It's still the heated eggs, sausage and stuff, but at least they offer more than cereal.

• Liked — Cleanliness and the staff
  • Disliked — Noisy guests. . . not the hotel's fault
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

Clean smart rooms, with good bathrooms. Useful kitchenette as breakfast is limited to cereal and bagels. Close to the airport and I75.

Paid $165/night so good value - would use again.

Stayed January 2007
Holmdel NJ/Ft Myers FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

I stayed here as a business traveller and plan on returning. Rooms were a little small for a suite, but clean and well set up.

Breakfast area is small and choices are limited...but this overall was fine.

The work out room also is tiny...if you are looking for a gym this is not the place for you.

Staff is friendly and professional (not European or Asia standards) for the US.

Overall high marks and a convenient location.

• Liked — Clean convenient
  • Disliked — Poor gym, poor breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Check AAA and other discounts in advance I paid $113 one visit and $132 the other.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Londonderry, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed here overnight while visiting some friends in Fort Myers. The hotel was very nice, fairly new and everything was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly as well and were helpful. They had internet service in the room too which was nice. Nice breakfast in the morning too. Bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

We were very impressed with this hotel, convenient location just off the I-75, lovely large room (though they are studio suites, ie like a normal hotel room but with a partial wall, leading to a small sitting area with sofa, and mini kitchen (with fridge, microwave, but no utensils or plates). We have 3 children and once they were asleep, we could sit in the sitting room area without disturbing them. There is a nice large desk with an internet cable. The staff were helpful and friendly, and breakfast was more than sufficient. I used the guest laundry with no problems. Everything was clean and new-looking. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2006
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2006

We found a good rate for this hotel from the hotel directly. The property is very new (about a month old). It's located right off of I-75 and Daniels in a new business park area. There is a Bob Evans and an Uno restaurant in the plaza, and plenty of other restaurants (Denny's, McDonald's etc) very close by. Uno's provides food delivery to the hotel. The hotel staff were really friendly, lots of smiles and extremely helpful. The lobby is bright and modern with lots of seating areas around a 'living room' with tv and fireplace. This serves as the lounge in the mornings for the free breakfast. Our room was really nice, very spacious with a seating area, work desk (with free high speed internet), kitchen/bar with sink, microwave etc, two very comfortable beds and a standard bathroom with good shower pressure. There was a pool and hot tub which we used, it was very nice relaxing in the pool watching the sun set. There's a small gym with a few basic machines, and a business center off of the lounge with two computers for internet access with a printer. The free breakfast was great, cereals, muffins, pancakes, sausages, plenty to choose from. We would definitely stay here again. Check out the photos.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport? Share your experiences!