“Fabulous restaurant, food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Description: If you are looking for Fresh made to order foods
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Fabulous restaurant, food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Several months ago, I wanted to take my Mom to a different restaurant then all the usual chains. We happened on Bratta's and it was superb, from the welcome to the food to the service. Our waiter, Bryon, asked our likes and dislikes and checked for any allergies. He is probably the best waiter I have ever encountered and I have traveled extensively and eaten in many restaurants. The cocktails and wine are terrific, the food well-prepared and very tasty. Portions are perfect, not too large and not so small you can't find it on the plate. We have since returned many times and brought along friends and family and of course we always ask for Bryon. He always remembers you and what you like and what you drink. We have never had a bad meal and our friends now always seem to want to go to Bratta's. Absolutely love this restaurant!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Don't miss Tuesday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Yes, I guess it is on the high side, but they have a great Happy "Hour" all night on Tuesday, as well as some special deals on appetizers. The Lobster Bisque was good although a bit salty for my taste, but sometimes I think it is just me. The eggplant rolls were very good and I loved the spinach salad.

On the entertainment side, the singer had a great voice and was singing songs that were perfect for my age group...older. That helped make the evening perfect. I think Tuesday is the night to check it out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brattas, Owner at Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Tuesday is so much fun. It's one of our favorite nights to work as well. Everyone is happy, great entertainment and just an overall fun time. We are glad you like it because we are continuing it.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Over-priced, poor service & mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Arrived at 6:00pm for dinner. Was seated right away because restaurant was empty. Service was slow and it was about 20 minutes before our waitress took our dinner order. Appetizers and entrees were overpriced and not particularly good. Atmosphere old and dingy. Won't go back.

It sounds like you just did not like the prices and ate the food with a dollar value in your taste buds.We like for people to enjoy our establishment whether they are popping in for a quick bite or dining with us for an experience. In the future, it would be beneficial if you gave daatil to certain items, etc that you disliked so we can learn from it, instead of just bashing us. We have recently updated our dingy atmosphere. You look very young and we wish you enjoyed it, but we have a customer base from 45-75. we do get a lot of couples that our in their early twenties that love the romantic atmosphere and love the food too. To each its own. Some peeps can't be pleased.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Food average but weekend bar scene great for 55+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bratta's has a nice ambience. The food is nothing special. For us, we skip eating there and go on a night that Taylor Stokes is performing, have a few drinks and dance. The bar is not large but even in "season" it is not too overcrowded. Most of the drinks/dancing crowd are baby boomers + singles and couples. Taylor is a great local entertainer who performs oldies and newies; he knows his crowd and pleases every time. Other nights have entertainment as well; their calendar is on line.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Positives and Negatives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We took our parents to Bratta's on a Sunday for an early dinner. We arrived at 4:30 pm and the restaurant was almost empty. That concerned us a great deal, but we figured we'd give it a chance as it was still early. We were seated in a comfortable booth and our waiter was at our table within a few minutes to take our drink order. I ordered an $11.00 glass of wine which was excellent but a bit less in volume than a normal pour. HOWEVER, it was 2 for 1 happy hour and my $11.00 glass of wine was part of the 2 for 1 deal so I got two glasses of premium wine for the price of one. Normally, only house wines are part of a 2 for 1 happy hour so that was a nice surprise. Now on to the food. Bread was very good. It was served with roasted garlic and olive oil. My father and husband both ordered the sirloin steak served on garlic mashed potatoes with a vegetable. My husband was pleased with his meal. His steak was cooked the way he asked and he enjoyed the mashed potatoes. My father did not enjoy his meal at all. He felt the steak was not sirloin but was a skirt steak instead. My husband and I disagreed with him and felt it was a thinner piece of sirloin, not skirt steak with is normally very thin and tough. He had asked for it to be cooked medium and it was more on the well done side. There was some kind of a marinade or sauce on the steak which he said got onto the mashed potatoes and made them soupy. My mother had shrimp scampi served with asparagus and risotto. The risotto was pink in color, which we thought was odd. She said it had a strong "cinnamon" taste to it. The scampi was not prepared very well. It looked like it was cooked in oil (she likes it cooked in butter) and the shrimp and the sauce had no flavor to it at all. My meal was very good. I ordered the chicken parmesan and asked for it to be served with only the marinara sauce, no cheese, as I do not care for mozzarella cheese. In place of the mozzarella, I asked for some grated cheese to sprinkle on top, which the waiter brought for me. The chicken was juicy, tender and very tasty. I do not know if it was deep fried or pan sauteed but either way it was good. There was not a lot of sauce on it, but what I did have was good. In place of pasta I ordered a vegetable side which was good. It was very thinly sliced zucchini and summer squash and was not overcooked. Of the 4 dinners, my husband and I were pleased with ours and my parents were not pleased with theirs. As for the service, it was excellent. Our waiter was there checking on us often and was very friendly and accommodating. I think this is the type of restaurant that is hit or miss, depending on your tastes and menu choices. The menu does have a lot of offerings so there are many choices to pick from. Atmosphere could use some updating and modernizing, but it is warm and inviting. On a scale from 1-10 with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent, I give Bratta's a 10 for the service and a 6-7 for the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere