“Excellent food and friendly atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
Pittsfield
“Excellent food and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were visiting Fort Meyers during spring training, and needed lunch before the game. We tried Sasse's on the basis of the Tripadvisor reviews, and were so glad we did! Don't be put off by the low key neighborhood, or the strip mall. When you enter the restaurant, you realize you are in the right place. The chef, and I'm pretty sure the owner, will greet you as you come in, and the servers will be sure to find you a comfortable and private table.

I was not a fan of the herbed butter, but the fresh tomato focaccia was very good. I ordered the chicken parm and my husband ordered the three cheese ravioli; both were outstanding. We eat out a lot, and often at Italian restaurants, and particularly the chicken parmigiana, was the best we've had yet, I also ordered the cucumber salad, and the dressing was light and full of flavor.

When we mentioned to our server that we were rushing and didn't have time for dessert, and that we were visitors to the city, our server brought out a plate of complementary brownies. They were chewy and chocolatey, and on the way out, the chef was sure to ask about our meal, and wish us a good day.

The only reason we're voting for only 4 stars, is the herbed butter was too strong, and our waitress was having a slow day, although very friendly and helpful. But we were thrilled with the food, the friendly service and comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ft.Myers
“4 Gold stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant gets so much right. First off, even though there was just two of us we were seated
At a table for four away from the high traffic area without even having to ask. Thank you. There
Was an available menu for gluten free choices and I overheard a conversation and the willingness to construct a vegetarian meal. These are practices that make for customer loyalty. To see the chef out in clear view preparing the meal is another brave move . The food was good and well prepared. I was somewhat disappointed that the gluten free spaghetti was not available but that
must be a common problem in the restaurant business and the reason I didn't rate this restaurant with the highest rating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Probably the finest food in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Let me begin by saying that my 5 stars are solely based on the quality of the food. The place isn't in the best area, and it isn't beautifully decorated, but maybe that is how they keep the prices reasonable. I would prefer fine food to fine chandeliers any day o the week.

My wife and I split the ravioli for a starter. It was cooked to perfection, and had a unique richness.
I had the braised short ribs which were nothing less than divine. Possibly the best tasting main dish I have had in my 6 years living in the area. My wife had some pasta with shrimp dish and she thought it was one of the best pasta dishes she had ever had. The portions are more than adequate. We had no room for desert. With a few glasses of wine and tip the bill was around $80. I will be back.

Visited February 2013
Virginia
“Pleasant surprise for a Valentine's lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Shut out from dinner reservations at several first choices, including this one, we decided to have lunch out instead to celebrate Valentine's day. Choosing the special of the day, horseradish crusted salmon, we were pleased with the bread, "caesar like" salad, well prepared entrees and delicious panna cotta for desert, topped off with a "gift" of brownies to go with it, all for $10 plus the cost of desert. Made a point of how we wished the salmon to be cooked, and it was done as requested. Extremely pleasant wait staff added to the pleasure. Located in an unexpected location, but for those who live downtown in Ft. Myers, closer than many highly rated restaurants, which tend to be more suburban. Definitely will return for lunch and dinner, which appears to have a more extensive menu. My only recommendation to the owner is to think about closing off the "kitchen tasks" a bit more. It did not add to the atmosphere to watch the flatware being dried and stored and clean up happening, as was fully visible from my table, and the noise from it was disturbing. Sasse's is a "find" which I would recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“What a pleasant surprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I found northern Italian fare in Fort Myers! I knew immediately when the owner/ chef stopped by our table he had a familiar accent... Europe!!! A superb dinner from salad to dessert... and salmon entree! I'll be back for sure as this is without a doubt the best dinner I've had since moving here for the winter!!!! My compliments to everyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere