“Pleasant surprise for a Valentine's lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 661 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
Virginia
“Pleasant surprise for a Valentine's lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Shut out from dinner reservations at several first choices, including this one, we decided to have lunch out instead to celebrate Valentine's day. Choosing the special of the day, horseradish crusted salmon, we were pleased with the bread, "caesar like" salad, well prepared entrees and delicious panna cotta for desert, topped off with a "gift" of brownies to go with it, all for $10 plus the cost of desert. Made a point of how we wished the salmon to be cooked, and it was done as requested. Extremely pleasant wait staff added to the pleasure. Located in an unexpected location, but for those who live downtown in Ft. Myers, closer than many highly rated restaurants, which tend to be more suburban. Definitely will return for lunch and dinner, which appears to have a more extensive menu. My only recommendation to the owner is to think about closing off the "kitchen tasks" a bit more. It did not add to the atmosphere to watch the flatware being dried and stored and clean up happening, as was fully visible from my table, and the noise from it was disturbing. Sasse's is a "find" which I would recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Hampton, New Hampshire
“What a pleasant surprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I found northern Italian fare in Fort Myers! I knew immediately when the owner/ chef stopped by our table he had a familiar accent... Europe!!! A superb dinner from salad to dessert... and salmon entree! I'll be back for sure as this is without a doubt the best dinner I've had since moving here for the winter!!!! My compliments to everyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Worth finding in the historic district of fort Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

On our way to the play we had dinner at Sasses and it was terrific! All four of us had something different from the menu and we all were very pleased with our selections. I was even more pleased to see that one whole side of the menu was just glutton free.
We will go back!

Brooklyn, New York
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ate there on a busy Saturday night. We were greeted promptly & seated. The menu is not particularly extensive, but everyone should be able to find something to enjoy. The appetizers a frommage & a carpaccio were both very good. My entree was ahi tuna which was presented on a bed of risotto. It was perfectly cooked & the sauce enhanced the dish without overshadowing the tuna. My wife had the short ribs which also were delicious & served over the best mashed potatoes she has ever eaten. Meal was accompanied by an inexpensive but good bottle of Gavi. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake which we both enjoyed. Price was very reasonable for the meal we had.

• Visited February 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
“Terrific evening at Sasse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a terrific evening at Sasse. As soon as we sat down my friend said "This is my kind of place". It's very cozy and the vibe is such that you feel you could be eating at someone's house. The new ower came by our table a few times during the course of the evening to ask how everything was and just to chat. It was a very nice touch and certainly makes you feel very special. The service is also very good. Our waitress was very good at explaining the different wines that they had available. We all had a glass of wine with our meal. My husband and I shared escargot as an appetizer. They came in the shell. The escargot were large and plump and we used the bread to scoop up the garlic butter. One of our friends opted for the fixed price menu so he started with a Caesar salad. For entrees our friends had linguine with scampi and arugula in a tomato based sauce. She said it was excellent and her plate was clean when she finished. Her husband's meal was a braised pork dish and he was also raving about his meal. My husband had the chicken. I believe it was cooked under a brick. It was so moist, tender and flavourful. Even the breast meat was tender. I had the beef short ribs and they also were melt in your mouth delicious. For dessert our friends shared his chocolate lava cake and my husband and I had the pumpkin cake. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food. Our friends 3 course meal was a reasonable $19.91

It was truly a wonderful evening. This restaurant is in a out of the way location but it is well worth the trip to find it. Put on your GPS and go.

• Visited January 2013