“Great Food & Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 649 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ate there on a busy Saturday night. We were greeted promptly & seated. The menu is not particularly extensive, but everyone should be able to find something to enjoy. The appetizers a frommage & a carpaccio were both very good. My entree was ahi tuna which was presented on a bed of risotto. It was perfectly cooked & the sauce enhanced the dish without overshadowing the tuna. My wife had the short ribs which also were delicious & served over the best mashed potatoes she has ever eaten. Meal was accompanied by an inexpensive but good bottle of Gavi. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake which we both enjoyed. Price was very reasonable for the meal we had.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Abbotsford, Canada
“Terrific evening at Sasse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a terrific evening at Sasse. As soon as we sat down my friend said "This is my kind of place". It's very cozy and the vibe is such that you feel you could be eating at someone's house. The new ower came by our table a few times during the course of the evening to ask how everything was and just to chat. It was a very nice touch and certainly makes you feel very special. The service is also very good. Our waitress was very good at explaining the different wines that they had available. We all had a glass of wine with our meal. My husband and I shared escargot as an appetizer. They came in the shell. The escargot were large and plump and we used the bread to scoop up the garlic butter. One of our friends opted for the fixed price menu so he started with a Caesar salad. For entrees our friends had linguine with scampi and arugula in a tomato based sauce. She said it was excellent and her plate was clean when she finished. Her husband's meal was a braised pork dish and he was also raving about his meal. My husband had the chicken. I believe it was cooked under a brick. It was so moist, tender and flavourful. Even the breast meat was tender. I had the beef short ribs and they also were melt in your mouth delicious. For dessert our friends shared his chocolate lava cake and my husband and I had the pumpkin cake. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food. Our friends 3 course meal was a reasonable $19.91

It was truly a wonderful evening. This restaurant is in a out of the way location but it is well worth the trip to find it. Put on your GPS and go.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“New owner/chef honors the past while adding creative new delights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently attended the new owner's first wine maker dinner and enjoyed it tremendously. From the scallops to the lamb to the filet and chocolate cake, each course accompanied by a wonderful wine, it could not have been better. We were treated to explanation of each wine by the winemaker - just enough info to keep the evening lighthearted. We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“Food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Incredibly good service and extremely delicious food and presented very well. I highly recommend this restaurant to everybody wishing to eat out

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carrickfergus Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
“"Worth a 6000 word review!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my husband's comment as he finished the sensational Veal Scallopini at Sasse's.
I was just as impressed with my Swordfish, which was the best I've ever eaten and came over a delicately flavoured risotto with green olives, artichokes and fried capers. When it arrived, it was such a feast for the eyes I wanted to photograph it.
By that stage though, we'd already decided that the bread alone would have been worth the visit. Baked in their wood fired oven and delicately flavoured with herbs, it had a beautiful texture and taste. We'd soon finished it and the waitress brought us another serving and some more dipping oil.

To say the food here is incredible, isn't just hype. This was one of the best meals we've had, anywhere. It's all freshly prepared so there's a bit of a wait after ordering, but it's great to watch the three chefs hard at work across the room and to have a view of their wood fired oven in use.
Wine by the glass was smooth and perfectly mellow and the amount was generous.
The service was excellent and our waitress was unobtrustive but attentive and friendly.
Residents of Fort Myers are lucky to have food of this calibre on the doorstep. And the miracle is, it is so reasonably priced. This is quality and authenticity rarely found at these prices.

• Visited December 2012