“Fantastic Find” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 655 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Florence, South Carolina
“Fantastic Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was fantastic. I was seated in time for selecting the daily special. There was a number of choices including the fish of the day. Each of the specials came with a choice of a chowder or salad and a side item. I chose the cup of chowder, the stuffed baked Gulf shrimp, and the garlic fried potatoes. All was very delicious and about $12.00. The owner (I met Laurie) and staff were very accomodating and friendly. I plan to go back several times to enjoy this fanntastic find found by using TripAdvisor. I understand they are moving within the same shopping center which will accomodate more seating. I was able to watch the cooking area. Breading of the fish etc. is prepared for each order. The operation was very efficient. The iphone directions to the street address takes you to the east side of S. Tamiami Trail where the Pizza Hut is located. However, the location is across the street in the Island Park Shopping Center.

• Visited February 2013

Narnia
“As good as New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fantastic place. Fried clams and scallops just like I had growing up in Connecticut. Large portions, everything fresh. Lobster roll is packed with lobster meat on rolls they import from NE. Nice people. It's in a strip mall but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent.

• Visited March 2012
Ft Myers
“Great little seafood place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Clam Bake is a great little seafood place . My husband and I were there for lunch . We were greeted right away with a friendly smile and told to sit where ever we liked . Our server explained the lunch menu and then told us if we needed larger portions that they were available on the larger menu . The food was very good . I had fried whole belly clams , a cup of clam chowder, and french fries . My husband had the same except he chose fried oysters. It all came quickly and was served hot . The beer was nice and cold . We did not leave hungry . The owner , whom is also one of the servers ,stopped by and chatted with us briefly . Made us feel very welcome. Her husband is one of the cooks . We will go back without a doubt.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New England won't be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Mark, Laurie and kids make my family at home every week. Best seafood south of Cape Cod. Great family providing great food.

“No Complaints!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I ate here recently. I thought it was very good and really have no complaints. Service was quick and friendly also.