“I miss most of the the regulars and wonder if some are still there, One in particular” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elbow Room

Improve this listing
Ranked #417 of 646 restaurants in Fort Myers
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I was a regular, almost every evening and always Thursday nights.As soon as I sat down My Bud light was right there in front of me. People always respected your privacy. If you wanted conversation the invitation was always available. I you wanted to be left alone, the courtesy was always granted.

• Visited October 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

% Recommend
Waltham, MA
“A nice friendly bar with almost all locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

I live outside of Boston and visit my mom in Fort Myers three times a year for the past dozen years. I never rent a car and the Elbow Room is the only bar in walking distance. In the hundreds of times I have been there the people have been nothing but friendly and I've seen no trouble. The bar has tripled in size over the years and is very clean and spacious. There are six TV's (one a giant screen) that are usually playing some sporting event. There is a pool table and a plastic dart machine and there is karaoke on the weekends. Ironically, I live a thousand miles away and have been going there longer than less than a handful of current regulars. When I walk in after three to four month layoffs, I am always greeted warmly and my draft is on the bar by the time I get to it. I've made many friends there and have a regular foursome and beach crew when I visit. This is a beer and wine only bar, no hard stuff which probably helps account for the lack of problems. It's kind of like Cheers where everybody knows your name. I'm forty seven years old and there is mostly an over thirty and up to seventy year old clientele. There used to be a pretty good bar type menu for short money, but no longer. A couple of years ago, the state of Florida gave places like this a choice, food or smoking. The Elbow Room has a lot of smokers, I personally don't, so be prepared with the Febreeze after your visit. In short, it's not a place you take the young ones or yourself out to eat. It is the perfect place for me, a quiet place to enjoy good times with laid back "locals" transplanted from all over the country. Hope this helps, Tim Eagan.