“nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morgan House Restaurant and Rooftop Bar - CLOSED

Morgan House Restaurant and Rooftop Bar
33 Patio De Leon, Fort Myers, FL 33901-2938 (Formerly Morgan House)
+1 239-337-3377
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Center of First, Main, Hendry and Broadway
Transit: Located on First and Main Streets.
Description: Morgan House now serves lunch & dinner Monday-Saturday starting at 11am with daily Happy Hour from 4-7pm and Saturday Happy Hour all day. CLOSED Sunday. Monthly Wine & Tapas Tasting. Indoor and outdoor cafe seating both upstairs and downstairs. Live Music Wednesday-Saturday nights. Also offering larger party services in house from business meetings to special family occasions, we are here to please!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

One of the oldest places in Fort Myers. The food is very good and the rooftop bar has a nice atmosphere and the outside courtyard is great for people watching.

Visited February 2014

“Nice courtyard setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

The naan bread appetizer with three dips was very good. So were the fried green tomatoes. Sweet potato chips. Very relaxing outdoor setting and good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Upscale enjoyable dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Whether inside or outside the atmosphere was very pleasant. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding. We find that only at the special event night that the town has, it becomes uncomfortable for conversations and date night.

Visited January 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great little restaurant downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My spouse and I ate here yesterday for lunch before flying back to Michigan. It has a great menu to choose from. The crab cake was fresh and delicious; as was one of their specialties; the cheese grits with fresh shrimp; it was delicious and so different. My husband is not a fan of grits but this dish caught his eye and he was quite impressed. Our waiter was so helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our visit. We were wanting to eat outside but the weather looked a little questionable so we opted for indoors which was just as nice upstairs; almost like being outdoors. We had a fun visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Bad Experience For Us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This restaurant is located in a great little area, nice outdoor floor level dining and a rooftop bar/restaurant, We booked into Ford's Garage with a one/two hour wait so we decided to take a walk and go for a drink. We ended up at Morgan House and went upstairs to have a drink. We sat at the bar, which our elbows stuck to as it felt pretty gooey but we heard from the people sitting beside us that this was one of the top rated restaurants so we decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE! We all ordered soup which was mediocre at best and mine was cold. This should have been my first clue of what was to come. After waiting what seemed like forever (about an hour I am guessing), our waitress informed us that our food should be out shortly. There was a kitchen accident and the sous chef burned his entire arm so they were short staffed in the kitchen. When I finally got my sandwich, it was again served stone cold with soggy chips. My husband ordered fish and chips (and I mean potato chips) -$14 for one piece of fish served with potato chips! When we finally sought out our waitress, she said my meal came from a different part of the kitchen and we surmise that my meal may have been ready for quite some time. She did take it off our bill and provided the four of us with a coupon to "have a drink on them" but get this - you have to spend $11 to get a glass of draft beer or house wine. All I can say to that is, it will be a frosty Friday before you get another cent from me! We left the coupons on the table. I can guarantee that I will NEVER be back .....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere