“Gem All Around” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Tavern & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 650 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Pennsylvania
“Gem All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It was an impromptu trip to Fort Myers for my husband and I while vacationing on Sanibel Island. I used an app to locate some local restaurants and the Stonewood popped up at the top of the list. Right where it belongs.

The decor and ambience is perfect date night material. There was soothing music, beautiful tables and wall coverings/prints, and professional looking wait staff.

We arrived around 5:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon and was seated immediately. We ordered an appetizer and dinner.

Our experience was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Fort Myers, Florida
“The Best Restaurant in Fort Myers Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent Steaks and different toping and sauces if you like.Great pretzel bread brought to your table.Very excellent service.If anything isn't quite right the server makes it right.My daughter was a server there for a couple years and she said it was the cleanest run restaurant she has ever worked in.She has worked for a popular local steak house that was very dirty.That is one of the reasons I love eating there. The prices are on the higher side compared to other large corporate run restaurants but the food justifies that and it keeps the people out that don't appreciate fine dining.Nice quite sophisticated atmosphere.Beautifully decorated and very clean.Try the chicken pot pie it is the best ever.The most tender chicken and the carrots look like they are from the shire they are huge.The clam chowder is the best I have ever had.The smoked salmon appetizer is mouth watering served with garlic aioli sauce and crostini.The best caeser salad in Fort Myers,,,Chocolate bread pudding,Orange cake.Yum Everything is Exceptional.We eat here often.

• Visited October 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Spur of the moment early dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

After my wife hair appointment we ducked into the Stonewood tavern which we had been before.
We were immediately met by Rocky the bartender extremely diligent and very pleasant. She suggested the early dinner menu .What a bargain my wife had the Caesar salad,Salmon,and key lime pie (16.00) ,i had the Clam chowder,sirloin and keylime pie.Everything was perfectly cook and very tasty.
The portions were large enough that we both took the pie home because we were too full.
And Rocky is an asset to Stonewood.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Top of the line steaks and seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have since become an employee here because I was so impressed with the establishment. Upper crust restaurant with steaks that melt in your mouth and the freshest seafood in SW Florida! My coworkers- the wait staff is excellent, fun and knowledgeable. The prices are on the high side, but the food and service is worth every penny. They also offer an email club that you can get great deals through. Whether I work here or not, it is my favorite steak house in Florida!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Geat Happy Hour and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had party of 4 on two different occasions in the last month at Stonewood. I don't usually order plank salmon but I did on both occasions because it is the best salmon I've had - seasoned perfectly and tender. Many of their drinks are 1/2 price and their house wines are excellent. The service was slow that night but worth the wait. We all enjoyed our meals.

• Visited August 2013