“Totally disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Totally disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Um no...wish I could leave it at that but I must explain. I was super excited to go to Clancy's Restaurant especially after hearing they have shepherds pie! Small family owned restaurant (like a mom and pop restaurant) normally those places are top notch. Was pretty disappointed. My hubby ordered a hamburger and steak fries. Steak fries were good! Nice and hot! He seemed to like the burger but...I have to say it, it looked like one of those frozen patty burgers (you know those perfect flat symmetric look). So sad so much better burgers around. I ordered a shepherds pie and salad. Salad was good! Shepherds pie was put together as any shepherds pie I have seen. Mashed potatoes on top, with ground beef and veggies underneath. It was served on a plate, normally I've seen it in a bowl (no problem with that) but....it was surrounded in a sea of mushroom gravy (not an appetizing look). I decided to eat it and soon found out that my meal was super salty and well, how sad, the mashed potatoes tasted like they were instant. Really instant come on. Frozen burger with fries $9.95, salad and shepherds pie with instant mashed potatoes on top $11.95. So not worth it and totally disappointed. Man I should have complained to them, I can be wayyyyy to nice at times. Not going back. This was our first time going there and it will be our last.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“Best Club Sandwich in Fort Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Clancys club is consistently good, everytime we order it. The service is always excellent, and the owner goes out of his way to stop by and chat with the diners. Nice little neighborhood restaurant with excellent prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Irish restaurant. Good food at excellent prices. Clancy's salad. Grilled chicken and all fish entrees and the corned bee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Reasonable prices. Great customer service. You can't go wrong.
Great home style food. Buen apetito.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I was stunned how bad it was”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Looking for a local restaurant in the fort Myers area was told to check out clancys ... Me and my wife checked it out... The atmosphere was cool and clean... I ordered the fish and chips and was stunned what was brought out to me.... This garbage looked like cardboard from a frozen dinner platter... I asked the waiter about the fish and chips and he responded ," they are the same they have always been for years." As I continued to try to eat my disappointment grew thinking the food and service couldn't get worse, I found a 6 inch brown hair in my already terrible food.. That was it , I will never step foot into this establishment again. Horrible service and horrendous food... Don't wast your hard earned money on this so called restaurant....

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Reuben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a Reuben for lunch - it was awesome!!! The service was wonderful as well, drink never got below halfway and she took my money to the register for me.

• Visited May 2013