“Maybe an off night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Origami Restaurant

Origami Restaurant
Bella Rosa Shop, 8911 Daniels Parkway, Suite 5, Fort Myers, FL 33912 (Formerly Origami)
+1 239-482-2126
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Maybe an off night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have always thought Origami was a good place for sushi. My friends think its the best. I tried their new location with a friend recently and was shocked at the difference. We ordered a variety of sushi, sashimi, and rolls. One was a spicy roll that came out without spice. We asked to have it corrected and the waitress told us to just put hot sauce on it. My friend insisted that it be in the roll. The waitress took the plate and came back with an excessive amount of hot sauce on the roll. We weren't able to eat it. I found the quality of sushi overall to be fair. The local grocery store has the same quality as what I ate. I won't be back unless I start hearing better things from friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“GREAT NEW LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is where the Funky Fish was for a short while before it went belly up, and the Bella Rosa Italian Restaurant was here before that.

But not to worry, Origami will be (and already is, I think) a great success here. Its old location was deadly, but this one is superb, and the interior has been remodeled beautifully.

And the food is very good. I had the Dunk City Special, splitting it with a friend, and it was nice if a bit pricy. My Spicy Thai Chicken dinner was good also, if a bit boring. Lots of chicken (too much really) - all breast pieces, but little flavor, and not spicy as advertised. With it was plain jane mashed potatoes and rice. I enjoyed the meal, but it needed some pizzaz.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Asian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I recently found Origami had moved closer to our home. We both like great Asian food, had eaten at their our location. The atmosphere of the new location is very nice. The service was excellent and our dinner was fantastic. We had gyoza for our appetizer and we had chicken and beef bulgogi for our meals. The kimchee was excellent. Yes, we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Origami Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The new location is hard to find but well worth the effort. They did a great job remodeling the former Funky Fish House and the atmosphere is very pleasing. I usually just get an appetizer and drinks but the Yaki Soba is very good, too. The sushi is fresh and delicious. They also have a happy hour that offers low price drinks from 4-6. Cute little outside terrace with a fountain adds to the delightful entrance.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, ON
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We frequently vacation in Fort Myers and this location is perfect for us! It used to be called Funky Fish (which we quite liked but they have closed and Origami has now opened in it's place). Went for dinner with my mom and 2 kids (12 & 8) and we ALL LOVED it! What a fantastic menu, lots to choose from! Korean dishes were superb, the bento box was delish and the kids menu is awesome, lots of neat choices for the kids too! Ambiance is lovely, service was great and food was fantastic! Portions were huge! Will definitely return again on our next trip in!

• 5 of 5 stars Food