“They do it right!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“They do it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Outstanding food, but best of all, excellent service and management. It as wonderful to experience such efficient activity.

We highly recommend this restaurant! Excellent value!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newton, Massachusetts
“Fresh & Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Prawnbroker is the next best thing for eating fresh seafood. The service is great. The food is so fresh it's like being on the shores of Maine with the fresh catch of the day. In the busy season, make reservations because it gets very busy and usually there is a wait.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the Best in Fort Myers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for a long time. Great food, professional service, good drinks, and nice surroundings. The seafood is preferred but everything is good.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Saw Prawnbroker on Tripadvisor and we were in the area so we gave it a try. The inside was nicer than I expected. There is a small fish market with high prices typical of what we have seen in the area. Prices here are double to triple of what we pay at home. We were seated promptly and served bread and butter. The bread was very good. I ordered clam chowder which was thick and creamy with a lot of potato but not many chopped clams. It was early so I ordered the Crunchy Grouper off the early bird menu. When I cut into it I was shocked to see the inside didn't look right at all. Best I can describe it, the fish looked like a raw chicken thigh throughout. I showed it to our waiter and he immediately took the plate away. When he came back he told us they cut it up in the kitchen and they determined it was the fish's blood line?? He said it was fully cooked, really? Our waiter later admitted it grossed him out too. He brought me a new meal which was normal. The vegetables (mostly broccoli) were over cooked and on the mushy side. The fish was small, but I didn't feel like eating much by now. My wife had a salad she liked and a Boston Haddock dish which was very good. The service was friendly but I had to wait for water refills and finally ask for more water. The value is average. Not in a hurry to go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“A Fort Myers Classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a special birthday dinner here. Most food was excellent. Caesar salad was good with whole anchovies. Special of parmesan crusted sea bass was great. Veggies were over cooked and limp and tasteless. Scallops entree was a disappointment. The scallops were small and tasteless. Can get much bigger and better ones at Costco. Service was fair. Waiter brought cola instead of coffee "I guess I misread my notes". then brought the coffee. Our father took the cola anyway since it was there - later was charged for it. Pretty tacky for an expensive restaurant. Its worth a return but I think they are a bit over confident due to their reputation and don't try hard enough to please.

• 4 of 5 stars Food